BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Chelsea (a) - 1/11/23 - Carabao Cup

2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Is this not on TV?

Not unless you are French or Norwegian.

It's daft that this competition can now be broadcast abroad, but not streamed by the clubs themselves.

Edited by Hasta

38 minutes ago, Hasta said:

It's daft that this competition can now be broadcast abroad, but not streamed by the clubs themselves.

I dont think its on anywhere globally unless something's changed. Apart from the two games on Sky everything else is locked down.

39 minutes ago, Hasta said:

It is on a few channels in various countries, including Spain, so I can get it.

It is silly that that Rovers TV can't show it, even if it was a pay per view, rather the than included in the season package they sell..

• Like 1

I worry that we may feel the gulf in class here, in much the same way that it showed when we rocked up to Harrogate Town earlier in the competition.

This is down to the tactical nous of JDT (successful slayer of Leicester and West Ham last season) and the desire of the players to do their bit.

To be honest I can't see us progressing against opposition that needs a result so badly, but I hope it is a valliant exit rather than a hiding.

Head - Chelsea 2 Rovers 0

Heart - Blues 1 Blue & Whites 1 opportunity for glory via pens for someone

Head for the Hills - Pensioners 0 Young Braves 3

COYB JDT Young Braves Army!

I'm in with the prawn sandwich brigade for this one thanks to my pal. Last time I was here we lost 5-0 in 2009. I would say surely it won't be as bad as that, but nothing under this lot surprises me.

I just hope we can put on a relatively positive display and our youngsters rise to the occasion. If we can get the first goal then I think their fans will quickly turn restless.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

I just cant see us getting close to be honest but obviously so much depends on the teams. If Tomasson opts to play the likes of Gamble and Hilton (even Garrett and Markanday to an extent) then we are waiting for a hiding. Chelsea had a very week bench at the weekend with a number of injuries, they did have Reece James on there who may play for fitness, they had Gusto who is also a right back, Maatsen, Badiashile, but not much else. Mudryk and Fernandez didnt make the squad though so I presume they will miss this game, but Chelsea dont have Europe so may not make wholesale changes.

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It's like I never posted this and bloody recently.

Is it in invisible print that only I can see.

Early Warning: The Norwich and Preston games are also on international TV.

Thanks for that. I was thinking I would have to settle for Radio Lancs, but it should be easy to find a river for it now.

• Like 1

We've got it in us to pull a big result out, even when in a not so good state. I'm taken back to early 2013. Drawn away at Arsenal in the cup, everybody thought it was a home banker (including me), but we dumped them out with a Kazim-Richards winner.

Wednesday has a similar feel about it for me. It could be wishful thinking, but it feels set for a Rovers win. Chelsea low on confidence, woeful infront of goal, all the pressure on them.

We got Mourinho the sack in 2007 after a 0-0 draw at their place. Poch out after Rovers knock them out of the cup? It's got that smell about it. COYB.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, R0verb0y said:

This is not to cut Waggot any slack (perish the thought!); but I've just been thinking about my post above & don't know, but can guess, the answer to the question, "If we'd asked for our full allocation but hadn't sold every seat, would we have had to reimburse Chelsea for every unsold seat in that allocation?"

Does anybody know the rules on that?

Relevant rule regarding EFL cup away tickets below…

IMG_1353.thumb.jpeg.9a1d3ce0894acd0e09a70644e9b7fb1e.jpeg

3 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

To get the mood going ahead of this tie. How I wish we had just a couple of these guys in our side for Wednesday.

Every Rovers goal scored at Stamford Bridge since 1993:

Great video, some good times! Less so at the end, our last Premier League goal for God knows how long 😔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frosty said:

Great video, some good times! Less so at the end, our last Premier League goal for God knows how long 😔

An Ashley Ward goal in that montage too.. Now that was a rarity.

Did anyone else clock that strange notion of days gone by, where a player in a Rovers shirt was able to score with their head from a cross? It'll never catch on, I tell thee.