BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Chelsea (a) - 1/11/23 - Carabao Cup

53 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

We took just over 2k to West Ham last year at £10 a ticket, and that was a new ground for everyone.

I don't think we'll take quite that many to Chelsea at £30 a ticket.

I thought we took more than 2,000 to be honest - my bad.

I have seen a few Rovers wins at the Bridge down the years including the day all away fans were banned nationally. Bought my ticket at Harrods ticket department.

Howard Gayle ran across the arc to celebrate in front of the totally empty away end arc after scoring the winner.

Poch is a brilliant manager and surely will get a tune out of his billion pounds misfits. Might have started last night against Brighton with four left backs in the starting eleven..

That said, I am confident JDT will give them a game to remember. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, philipl said:

I have seen a few Rovers wins at the Bridge down the years including the day all away fans were banned nationally. Bought my ticket at Harrods ticket department.

Howard Gayle ran across the arc to celebrate in front of the totally empty away end arc after scoring the winner.

Poch is a brilliant manager and surely will get a tune out of his billion pounds misfits. Might have started last night against Brighton with four left backs in the starting eleven..

I hope Poch starts to pull it all together, after the emergency meeting held on the second of November, following their shock defeat in the Carabao cup.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, philipl said:

Is Pochettino a brilliant manager? He did a good job at Spurs undoubtedly building them up albeit they were always nearly men even when Leicester were the team to catch, and I have never understood why to many he is amongst the elite managers.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hasta said:

My one and only visit was at the start of the 93/94 season. We won 2-1 having been a goal down. All I really remember was the terracing was miles from the pitch behind the goals.

First game of the season. Miles away from the pitch. First time I ever saw a match day program priced at £2! 

Undergroud parking for an afternoon was a tenner. Could not beleive my eyes. 

Never seen us win at Chelsea. IIRC saw a  1-1 draw at the old wreck of a ground Stamford Bridge back in the 1980s and lose a league cup tie (think it was) under Hodgson (?) when Vialli got sent off. 

Will try to go to this one but £30 tickets and a long expensive journey isn't easy these days. Horrible Cockney supporters - fear the worst but will hope for the best

16 hours ago, Gordon Gekko said:

The only time I remember us winning at the Bridge was when we won the league in 94/95, think it was Sutton with the winner, live on Sky Sports Super Sunday.

Also remember us getting knocked out of a cup game there in 97/98 and Sutton missing a penalty. That was when we had that rank orange and grey away kit!

We won there 1993 I think it was that year 1st match of the season as I went

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Chelsea (a) - 1/11/23 - Carabao Cup
14 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Never seen us win at Chelsea. IIRC saw a  1-1 draw at the old wreck of a ground Stamford Bridge back in the 1980s and lose a league cup tie (think it was) under Hodgson (?) when Vialli got sent off. 

Will try to go to this one but £30 tickets and a long expensive journey isn't easy these days. Horrible Cockney supporters - fear the worst but will hope for the best

Umm, maybe you...shouldn't?

• Like 1

Free coaches is a good shout for this one. It's something I have no doubt Rovers of old would have gone for. 

Assuming we get 50% of ticket sales like FA Cup(?) then it'll be a decent enough payday to allow us to put on 40 (total guess) or so free coaches.

It has potential to be a cracking evening for us, a lot of our 16-25 generation won't have seen us play Chelsea since school days, so to them it'll be even bigger, and no doubt they'd be a decent proportion of coach buyers.

Be amazed if they do free coaches, or subsidise the tickets in any way after the budget cuts in the Summer.

Match tickets will be £30, coaches from Ewood will be £40 practically killing off any chance of a huge following on the night.

I'd like to think with the amount of fans that haven't been to SB before and the amount we have dotted around the south that we could still get together a couple of thousand though.

It's just a free hit for them to do something the fans can get behind though. 

How much would we be paying for coaches? Can't be more than £10k. 500 x £40 ticket would get the club £20k, not sure if they make money or not on that. Just stick them on for free, shout about, market it, maybe then JDT won't have to come out and give you a dig post-match Swag.

Edited by superniko