BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Chelsea (a) - 1/11/23 - Carabao Cup

I'd rather they did free coaches occasionally to important league games for the loyal regulars.

The credit cruncher will be looking to maximise revenue from this one that's all he'll be interested in.

Edited by tomphil

12 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Chelsea are starting to click now in the league and some of thier play is very good. 

Will be a hard game but I can't wait to see what the likes of siggy, moran can do against them 

The only thing is, you might not see them against Chelsea. 

28 minutes ago, rigger said:

The only thing is, you might not see them against Chelsea. 

I think he will play siggy, not sure it moran is cup tied? [Edit, he's not he scored a brace against Cardiff] I think siggy, ennis, garret, and probably Leonard will get game time 

Edited by ItsRoverZ
Error

Never ceases to amaze me how as a business we keep on finding new ways to make it hard / impossible for people to hand their money over to the club.

We've already gone 'cashless' and refuse to take money from people on matchdays unless it is via card.

We've had the fiasco with the Cardiff game, shutting the home end and then having no website for 48 hours.

We've had the fiasco with replica kits not being available or running out before Xmas every year.

You'd think for a club so hard up we'd unearth every possible option to enable people to pay their money over, yet it seems to happen with alarming regularity that we have IT issues or some other problem supposedly out of our control that stops us.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Never ceases to amaze me how as a business we keep on finding new ways to make it hard / impossible for people to hand their money over to the club.

We've already gone 'cashless' and refuse to take money from people on matchdays unless it is via card.

We've had the fiasco with the Cardiff game, shutting the home end and then having no website for 48 hours.

We've had the fiasco with replica kits not being available or running out before Xmas every year.

You'd think for a club so hard up we'd unearth every possible option to enable people to pay their money over, yet it seems to happen with alarming regularity that we have IT issues or some other problem supposedly out of our control that stops us.

The thing is, in this day and age IT problems should not be a major issue for a company. Realistically you only need one person (if they know what they are doing) to diagnose and hopefully fix an IT system. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, arbitro said:

I got some tickets this morning but not without the usual hassle. I was near the head of the queue and noticed it was moving really slowly and there was some frantic action behind the tills. It was clear that only one terminal was working and the queue was starting to build up. What appeared to be a manager came down and after trying several terminals asked if anybody in the queue was paying cash as the card machines weren't working. Fortunately I had some cash which was to pay for my burglar alarm to be repaired so I moved forward. As I was getting served I heard one of the staff say that they had been trying to contact the IT Department but nobody was in yet. This was at 9.20.

It really is easy street for some at Ewood under this current regime replicating the CEO who seemingly couldn't give a toss.

Handy to know… 😁

• Like 1

Caraboa Cup

For rounds three to five, television money is upped to £125,000. For most executives at smaller clubs the dream draw is a potentially lucrative away tie at a Premier League club given both teams take home a 45% cut of the gate receipts, with the remaining 10% heading into the competition fund.

I hope we adopt the Mark Hughes policy of going out to win all cup games. Our involvement in recent years has been appallingly poor.

Last season was the longest run since Venkys arrived I'd wager. JDT is a breath of fresh air. 

Chelsea probably won't play their best side so let's go for it and give the fans something to be proud of.

• Like 1

Chelsea have Arsenal and Brentford at home before they play us then face Spuds, Newcastle and City.

Agreed, the Carabao has to be Chelsea's best chance at silverware this season but it is anybody's guess what sort of team they put out.

Hopefully our injuries are clearing up and we get no more before we play them. 

Our reality is we don't know what our first choice full strength first eleven is but rotating from a squad that includes Pears, Wahlstedt, Pickering, Brittain, JRC, Hall, Hyam, Carter, Wharton x2, Travis, Tronsted, Szmodics, Moran, Dolan, Markanday, Siggurdson, Gallagher, Leonard, Ennis gives us 20 players with a decent amount of first team experience here and elsewhere before looking at the likes of Batty, Garrett, Talalovic, Gilsenan. I would expect a strong Rovers even if JDT rings the changes after facing Cardiff, Millwall and Swansea in 7 days.

On 30/09/2023 at 02:42, Mattyblue said:

This is a club that won’t even open the home end for 2,000 people because they don’t want to incur the cost of opening a couple of bogs, so I think we all know they won’t be laying on free coaches…

Not to mention they shut the website down for two days to stop people from buying tickets.