BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Chelsea (a) - 1/11/23 - Carabao Cup

12 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

What was our allocation, and what could be have asked for?

We got an allocation of 3000. I never saw anything official to indicate we turned down a larger allocation although I think we could have been entitled to 10% if segregation allows.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, arbitro said:

We got an allocation of 3000. I never saw anything official to indicate we turned down a larger allocation although I think we could have been entitled to 10% if segregation allows.

Good effort selling out that many 10 days before the match. 

Looked it up and it is a minimum of 10% of ground capacity for the away allocation in the League Cup. Looks like we didn't take it, but must have been offered it as those are the rules. 

15% minimum in the FA Cup

Waggott's never understood the fan base. He didn't understand the 29k-ish home fans against Oxford in L1, and he doesn't understand quickly selling out 3k away to Chelsea. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, arbitro said:

You get the choice there to have the whole Shed End for cup games, like Wimbledon and Brighton did in the last two rounds.

Chelsea put an article up on there website that I linked earlier in the thread stating that we had decided not to take the whole end.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Good effort selling out that many 10 days before the match. 

Looked it up and it is a minimum of 10% of ground capacity for the away allocation in the League Cup. Looks like we didn't take it, but must have been offered it as those are the rules. 

15% minimum in the FA Cup

Waggott's never understood the fan base. He didn't understand the 29k-ish home fans against Oxford in L1, and he doesn't understand quickly selling out 3k away to Chelsea. 

I have a strong feeling he doesn't want to understand the fan base. He meets with the Fans Forum bi-monthly (although he has missed some of them) and he has the occasional meeting with individuals. There has been no shareholders meeting for a few years and the Supporters Consultation meetings fell by the wayside. He is asked searching questions in these meetings and is out of both his depth and comfort zone so they don't happen. He gives the occasional interview to local media and boasts about things like paying the bills on time and the much vaunted new coach myth which incidentally Tomasson has publicly embarrassed him about. On match days he swans around the lounges chatting to corporate guests who are mainly day trippers so no hassle there for him. 

In short he has, in my view he has the cushiest CEO job in football. He works under no pressure to deliver anything tangible or that will benefit Rovers. And his bosses are happy for him to do it. That speaks volumes about how our club is run.

• Like 7

No idea how they allocate down there, whether it's in blocks or the choice is just 3k or 6k ?

It is though plain dumb to assume 3k would be enough to satisfy demand for this but not in the least bit surprising Rovers would just take the easiest option offered.

I was lucky: rang up early on the day of the open sale and nabbed 4 tickets. Within hours they were gone. 

The Ewood sales lady said 1,500 season ticket holders had taken up their tickets before the open sale, so 1,500 open tickets were snapped up very quickly

It looks like Rovers could easily have sold alot more and we could have had 5,000 plus to support the lads

Maggott it appears got it wrong again by underestimating demand - whether it was deliberate only he knows

He knows what he’s doing and he is succeeding. He is alienating the fanbase. Slowly trying to wear us down. He needs to be challenged all the time. Sadly, he is the only one who communicates with the owners, so they listen what he has to say. They dont know the truth or even half of it. There has to be someone who can speak with the guy who goes unknown at Ewood? Didn’t Chaddy see him, but was too involved with eating his burger at the time to say anything?

Edited by Moptop1
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, tomphil said:

An absolute pounding awaits here if today is anything to go by, games are going to have to be raised 110%

Only good news is they don’t have a goalscorer like us. Big mate is a fan of theirs and messaged me when they went behind to say ‘game over’. Which team does that remind you of?! 

• Like 2

This match poses a few selection problems for Tomasson. I don't believe Hilton is good enough but does Tomasson risk Walstedt as he is the only senior keeper with Pears still out. We are short of centre halves with Hyam out. With Carter suspended for the Norwich game he could play on Wednesday alongside Gamble or Atcheson. Yesterday we had lots of tired looking players in need of a rest so I expect wholesale changes in an attempt to keep players fresh.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, arbitro said:

This match poses a few selection problems for Tomasson. I don't believe Hilton is good enough but does Tomasson risk Walstedt as he is the only senior keeper with Pears still out. We are short of centre halves with Hyam out. With Carter suspended for the Norwich game he could play on Wednesday alongside Gamble or Atcheson. Yesterday we had lots of tired looking players in need of a rest so I expect wholesale changes in an attempt to keep players fresh.

Its an excellent point made by yourself regarding certain players being tired or carrying slight injuries. 

I would expect 6 or 7 changes at least. Carter will play given he is out of Norwich match probably alongside Wharton. Gamble at right back. Markanday, Wharton, Garrett, Moran and Ennis will start this game. So a team like Wahlstedt; Gamble, Carter, Wharton, Pickering; Wharton, Garrett, Moran; Markanday, Ennis, Dolan. 

Expecting a pretty different line-up for this. I'd go with something like this:

Wahlstedt

Gamble        Carter       Wharton      Pickering

Garrett       A. Wharton

Moran

Markanday   Ennis    Dolan

I just hope the players put in a good showing in defeat, and equally I hope Telalovic gets more than 5 minutes on the pitch, just to give him some match experience if anything!

On 19/10/2023 at 18:02, MarkBRFC said:

Couldn't get any more as Chelsea had already started selling them in the Shed End next to the Rovers fans.

We Waggot, who obviously doesn't give a toss about the fans stated to Chelsea at the beginning that we didn't want any more than 3k.

Corrected for you, @MarkBRFC .

• Like 1

This is not to cut Waggot any slack (perish the thought!); but I've just been thinking about my post above & don't know, but can guess, the answer to the question, "If we'd asked for our full allocation but hadn't sold every seat, would we have had to reimburse Chelsea for every unsold seat in that allocation?"

Does anybody know the rules on that?

I think team wise, it might be a case of picking what team we intend to put out on Sunday and working back from that. Rotate where possible but we cannot risk the battering that wholesale changes with our tiny squad would cause.

This would be my team at the weekend:

Wahlstedt

Brittain Hill Wharton Pickering

Tronstad Wharton

Rankin Costello Szmodics Dolan

Ennis

So on Wednesday I would bring in Leonard, Sigurdsson, Moran and Carter for Ennis, Dolan, Szmodics and Hill and then at a push Garrett for Tronstad and Markanday for Rankin Costello. We cant afford to play players like Gamble and Hilton.