BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Chelsea (a) - 1/11/23 - Carabao Cup

I’d imagine a 4k+ allocation, beware they charged £32 tonight for a Carabao Cup match. 
Chelsea the 12:30 Saturday game before it so I’d imagine we’ll be a Tuesday night match on Halloween! With Fulham, Everton, Liverpool, United all playing Sunday they’ll be the Wednesday night matches

Edited by superniko

Mixed feelings with this i'd have preferred Mansfield or Port Vale and try and keep the run going these games are vital for our development these days.

However it's a great stage for the young team to play on and they deserve a big night out in top class surroundings.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Gordon Gekko said:

The only time I remember us winning at the Bridge was when we won the league in 94/95, think it was Sutton with the winner, live on Sky Sports Super Sunday.

My one and only visit was at the start of the 93/94 season. We won 2-1 having been a goal down. All I really remember was the terracing was miles from the pitch behind the goals.

• Like 2

Nothing to fear really, Chelsea have been far from amazing this season so far and not sure how 'up for it' they'll be.

Should be a decent following too as with West Ham last season 👍

At least 4 prem teams will exit the cup too which should be another incentive to get through to the quarters.....

Edited by Ossydave

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

After recent away games at Watford, Plymouth and Ipswich, and with long trips to QPR, Millwall and Norwich all in the next month or so, the addition of Chelsea to the fixture list is really going to test the fans.

Racking up the mileage on Swags new coach, resale value plummeting. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The two clubs must mutually agree ticket prices in advance.

So fear not, I'm sure 'man of the people' Waggott will be doing his bit to keep prices down to a level in keeping with what he has been charging at Ewood.

Is the ticket revenue halved between clubs in this cup? If so, expect waggott to only try and increase the prices 🤣

Great for the players involved, and essentially a free hit.

However, not great for the majority of supporters, (travel, midweek, cost and unlikely to be televised).

I suspect that Pochettino will be making some progress by then and Chelsea, without the interference of European football, will probably play the strongest side possible.

There are only three trophies they can target this season, and this one constitutes their most realistic chance.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Realistic Rover said:

Is the ticket revenue halved between clubs in this cup? If so, expect waggott to only try and increase the prices 🤣

It's 45% each way and then 10% to the league I think.

So yes he'll be rubbing his hands for this one.

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I personally think it seems like quite a good game to be televised. That being said, we know that Sky will naturally gravitate towards all Premier League games...

United v Newcastle is nailed on. Then I think Arsenal v West Ham and probably Bournemouth v Liverpool are more likely to be on than our game.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JHRover said:

United v Newcastle is nailed on. Then I think Arsenal v West Ham and probably Bournemouth v Liverpool are more likely to be on than our game.

Sky are typically unimaginative with their selections across the board. Surely the best choice for cup competitions is teams across different leagues. Not games they already may have one once or even twice.

19 minutes ago, Polky said:

image.thumb.jpeg.ca308fd229f12a1c20ddc15ee1bc166e.jpeg

Hopefully we’ll get a good allocation. Looks like Brighton had the whole ‘Shed End’ which holds just under 7,000.

I don’t think we’ll sell as many as West Ham last year, but let’s hope we can bring at least 4,000 🙏🏻

We took just over 2k to West Ham last year at £10 a ticket, and that was a new ground for everyone.

I don't think we'll take quite that many to Chelsea at £30 a ticket.

• Like 2