BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Chelsea (a) - 1/11/23 - Carabao Cup

5 hours ago, davulsukur said:

I dunno about it being miles off, the team against West Ham had Edun, Vale, Markanday and Mola all starting. Hirst came off the bench:

Screenshot_20231101_124030_BBC Sport.jpg

Sheizen! for a moment I thought that was this evening's line up 🙂

Then I spotted the Dack and Buckley, Mola and Edun references, and breathed a nostalgic sigh of erm.. relief??

Does it show how far we have actually come?? Not very far, methinks!

35 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Depends what figures some of our signings really cost, but looks like it.

Brittain - I heard it was about 1 mill or just under.

Hyam - 1.5 mill (transfermarkt, converted from Euros)

Szmodics - heard everything from 1.8 mill to 3 mill (although best guess from what I've read is 1.8 up front, rising to 2.5 with add ons)

Wahlstedt - 700k (though transfermarkt gives a fee of 1 mill in Euros, or about 850k in quid)

Ignoring any possible loan fees, I think those are the only players who cost any money who could play without Gally fit. Well, there's Hedges (200k) and Pears (about 400k), but both are injured.

So anything from about just under 5 mill, to 6.5 mill, from those 4 players. Oh actually no, there's Markanday too, who I think was reported as about 500k. So yes, we could field one over 5 mill without Gally. Chelsea will have a ton of players who cost more individually than our entire squad (fit or unfit) though.

Thank you - I did think it might just about be possible but I was far from sure.

Chelsea XI: Sanchez; James, Badiashile, Disasi, Cucurella; Ugochukwu, Gallagher, Fernandez; Palmer, Jackson, Sterling

Subs: Petrovic, Colwill, Gusto, Maatsen, Caicedo, Madueke, Matos, Castledine, Washington

Injuries: Mudryk, Broja, Chilwell, Nkunku, Lavia, Chalobah, Chukwuemeka, Fofana

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Chelsea XI: Sanchez; James, Badiashile, Disasi, Cucurella; Ugochukwu, Gallagher, Fernandez; Palmer, Jackson, Sterling

Subs: Petrovic, Colwill, Gusto, Maatsen, Caicedo, Madueke, Matos, Castledine, Washington

Ok, it's definitely not the West Ham 2022 scenario...

Big, big test, bring it on.

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I wonder if Gallagher is one of the most common surnames in the UK game? Let's hope there's been a secret deal done between the clubs and it is our giant powderpuff playing for them, rather than some gifted battering ram...

Of the Chelsea 11, I only recognise Sterling's name. Must be out of touch..

5 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

I wonder if Gallagher is one of the most common surnames in the UK game? Let's hope there's been a secret deal done between the clubs and it is our giant powderpuff playing for them, rather than some gifted battering ram...

Of the Chelsea 11, I only recognise Sterling's name. Must be out of touch..

Gallagher is an England international - as is James.

I cannot pronounce the names of half the Chelsea squad.

I hope we give them a run for their money. I really hope that this season'd league cup competition doesn't include "worst defeat" as well as "best away win".

Why are we getting knackered towards the end of games? What happened to JDT's Duracell bunnies?

COYB

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Watch out for bed bugs down South mate. Worse than crabs, so I am told 😉

The whole of the sodding UK has been hollowed out whilst we all slept, IMO, all in the pursuit of profit for the few.

Rovers as a club has been hollowed out, with only a shell of the club we grew up with remaining.

Anyway, fair play to you Abbey for making the long pilgrimage to the land of 10x population density versus the north west. I do hope you get a good nights kip in your 'hotel' and that you come home with nothing more than a hoarse voice from singing the Bridge into submission, and a sore head from celebrating a great result for our beloved Rovers.

Good luck to you getting a decent pint for anything under a fiver 🙂

COYB!

You’d need good luck to get that in Lancashire tbf!

• Like 2