BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Chelsea (a) - 1/11/23 - Carabao Cup

Half time. Can’t really complain about that despite some horrible errors. Still only 1-0 against an almost full strenght Chelsea away from home midweek….and televised to top it off. We are not even close to playing our strongest 11 so taking that into consideration we’ve done ok. And…we have actually visited Chelseas half and even created some chances! Seen games under Tony where we had fewer chances than we’ve had this half against lesser opponents. Keep the faith! COYB!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, superniko said:

JDT has still never lost in London. 
Keep the faith. 

I hate myself for thinking @superniko 's clutching at straws here. Especially when posting at h-t on Wednesday night.

But who knows, it could be a repetition of last year's trip to the London Stadium. (Writes the bloke who left that game when 2-1 down, so I could go to the loo and went on to take my seat in the supporters' coach. Only, eventually, to find that in that time that the goalkeepers had picked had picked the ball out of the net 22 times!!)

7 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto Mk2 said:

Still very much in this. The only player looking out of his depth for me so far is Moran. 

You need your keeper to play a blinder in these ties and that wasn’t it.

Moran is the only player looking out of his depth? you dont think anyone else looks out of his dept? 

Our keeper looks like he has just received a graft of hands for the first time in his life and he is slowly learning to use them.

Pretty pleased with that first half, couple of half chances and a blatant penalty not given.

Markanday looks decent, just needs that little bit more strength and he'd be a player.

Can see us scoring, just a case of whether we can keep it tight at the back.

• Like 1

€460m in that Chelsea starting XI. 

2 loans, 5 acadamy graduates and about £3.0m spent on 4 players, for Rovers.

Keeping horror moment is the reason we're 1-0 down. Though Chelsea comfortably dropped 3 gears after they scored. Clear penalty for Rovers not given. All in all, could have been a lot worse, and there have been positive signs.

However, only 3 players in yellow even look remotely close to competing at this standard; Wharton, and two players we don't own.

If Chelsea stay in this gear, we've every chance. If a sloppy 2nd goes in, I think it's 4+.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, R0verb0y said:

I hate myself for thinking @superniko 's clutching at straws here. Especially when posting at h-t on Wednesday night.

But who knows, it could be a repetition of last year's trip to the London Stadium. (Writes the bloke who left that game when 2-1 down, so I could go to the loo and went on to take my seat in the supporters' coach. Only, eventually, to find that in that time that the goalkeepers had picked had picked the ball out of the net 22 times!!)

It was said tongue in cheek as I believe it is only Millwall twice, QPR twice and West Ham 😄

Ouch - that sounds like a shocker at West Ham!!! I can imagine all the fans coming on to the coach after the shootout absolutely buzzing whilst you’ve been there all along!

Did you miss the memo - we never had a war chest, even when the Wanksters rocked up in the first place. We always had a few measly crumbs from their spoilt little table, and even though they are now in ballsdeep (good indian name) to the tune of a quarter of the Chelsea side value for this season, the penny still hasn't dropped for them, that they are (and always will be) out of their league.

Wanksters OUT!

14 minutes ago, moerpho said:

Half time. Can’t really complain about that despite some horrible errors. Still only 1-0 against an almost full strenght Chelsea away from home midweek….and televised to top it off. We are not even close to playing our strongest 11 so taking that into consideration we’ve done ok....

I really think that Saturday, and then tonight, has showed that we don't have a nailed on 1st/best eleven. 

This is our equal best 11, with the addition of SS.

We are short of a goalscorer, as we have been for the last year. 

And that Leonard effort shows that we are still short. 

Stage is set for an Ennis impact, if he is good enough....

Edited by garnersfags

4 minutes ago, Andy said:

Pretty pleased with that first half, couple of half chances and a blatant penalty not given.

Markanday looks decent, just needs that little bit more strength and he'd be a player.

Can see us scoring, just a case of whether we can keep it tight at the back.

I was thinking the opposite (obviously he is weak as you state), but also poor decision making and generally poor output - there was a good chance where Travis overlapped him and it needed to be first time after a cross field pass - just not sure he has the quality to execute that. 

Decent squad player though, albeit we’ll not get our hands anywhere near a £1m transfer pot over the next few windows I’d imagine (what he cost)

Its all about opinions though I guess

• Like 2