BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (h) - 01/10/23

4 minutes ago, DE. said:

Not going to repeat myself as I made my feelings clear when we'd already let in another two goals. JDT needs a total rethink. Yes Leicester are strong, but the likes of Ipswich, Walsall, Rotherham and Plymouth? Not so much, and 2+ goals conceded in all of those. Something must change. 

Spot on. Keep the truth coming regardless of who it upsets. Utter shite this season masked by the odd good showing. Manager in over his head tactically.

• Like 2

Just now, rovers11 said:

Our best managers are always the ones who know how to organise a team and win ugly. Big Sam, Hughes, Souness.

JDT - this is an utter mess and completely embarrassing. He's got no idea how to set a team up defensively.

He set up plenty of teams last season to keep clean sheets. He's now playing more expansive football. We'll see if works over the season!

2 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Our best managers are always the ones who know how to organise a team and win ugly. Big Sam, Hughes, Souness.

JDT - this is an utter mess and completely embarrassing. He's got no idea how to set a team up defensively.

Again, spot on. Time to demand more and get this manager off easy street. Another hammering due to his tactics with limited players.

Can see JDT walking blaming the owners if this continues. 

Broughton/Waggott with more huge questions - yes we signed players but if they can't come into the team because they're either not good enough or permanently injured we'd have been better off not signing everyone. 

Absolutely sick of this era of the club - I'd consider League Two football for a bit if it meant getting competent owners who gave a damn. 

Edited by RTM08
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, BigBar said:

The JDT apologists are fading by the minute. About time he was scrutinised, anyone with eyes can see his contribution to this shambles regardless of the players at his disposable. It's not an attack on him, it's the truth. Not good enough end of story.

Our only proven striker left, his replacements aren't anywhere near BBD's level.  Carter and Pears are unproven youngsters who stepped up for a while to replace first team players who have since left and were never replaced. I hope JDT can stop the rot but I do not know what else we can try with the players we have.

• Like 2

In the end, we didn’t have the killer instinct or the stamina to stand up to this challenge. “Men against boys” is probably a fair assessment, literally and figuratively. Their forward line wages are probably our whole squad’s wages and while that’s not the most telling of metrics, it’s a good shorthand for what we saw today: a gulf in quality.

I don’t dislike our shape and formation in certain games, I think it can get us somewhere. Today, though, we clearly needed three in the middle. It should have been a three, with Sigurdsson, Moran and Szmodics up top. A much closer affair, likely. “We’re going to score more than you” only works when you actually do that.

Somewhat prone to overthinking it, but this style of play is set up for developing players that will go on to bigger and better things. Those who give their all in our squad deserve better, but this is what the CEO has publicly instructed the manager to do. The manager could merely be giving the CEO what he wants.

Szmodics, Moran, Brittain and Pickering had good games. Carter and Wharton could do with a spell out of the first team. I’d be cautious to add Hyam to that, but he’s looked poor recently. We move on, Coventry is a tough-but-winnable Wednesday night challenge and QPR should net three points. COYB.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

We have not outplayed anyone today.

I don't see any positives.

For periods we looked the better footballing team, but with no cutting edge and a liability in Pears. We’ve no Vardy to rely on when we look lacklustre as Leicester did.

4-1 flattered them but it’s going to be a tough season relying on kids, poor defenders and no strikers.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Looking at some of these new lads it brings greg the eggs judgment into question. These suits in the wings cannot be absolved from blame. I know folk get giddy at the mere sight of a human being signing a contract but on balance under the new structure baring a couple it’s been piss poor recruitment from what I’ve seen. 

Maybe the crumpled up pieces of paper was meant for the rubbish bin, not the registered player list 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Wharton at fault for their 3rd for me losing the ball the way he did,  stupid foul from Carter but should never of been a corner.

Don't want to see Wharton start for us for a while now, lads well off it

I agree about Wharton. He’s not ready. Stupid to loan out Buckley.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BlueXIII said:

Our only proven striker left, his replacements aren't anywhere near BBD's level.  Carter and Pears are unproven youngsters who stepped up for a while to replace first team players who have since left and were never replaced. I hope JDT can stop the rot but I do not know what else we can try with the players we have.

Exactly the first team picks itself with no option to change tha game with what’s on the bench, we’ve no height for set pieces or hold up play, no strength to go toe to toe and no experience to see games out . We are a development club full of kids hoping to avoid relegation and JDT is doing just that. Developing kids . That’s what swag wants presumably from the owners requests so what can JDT do. His hands arnt tied they’ve been cut off

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BlueXIII said:

He can stop shopping goals by forcing the players you mention to do things they are not comfortable with. If that's means packing the midfield and playing off Telalovic then so be it, long ball once in awhile. Stop this fannying about at the back and this nicey nice approach, it's getting us hammered on the regular.