Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (a) - 7/10/23

Good stuff.

Keeper - solid

Hill - excellent

Carter - out-matched, too much shirt-pulling, penalty in waiting

Hyam - OK

Pickering - good

Tronstadt - best midfielder half by anyone this season; box-to-box contributions, gets back a lot quicker than the jogging teenager.

JRC - quiet except for the first goal.

Sammy - should’ve shot 

Markanday - very effective, two assists

Dolan - actually quite good

Siggy - constant threat

• Like 4

• Backroom
Just now, Darrenbot said:

Preston's great start to the season looking like its in the rear view mirror now.3-1 down to Ispwich

They're in a proper tailspin at the moment. Ipswich meanwhile starting the season like a parachute payment club, despite having one of the lower wage budgets in the division and no significant transfer outlay. 

1 minute ago, Darrenbot said:

Preston's great start to the season looking like its in the rear view mirror now.3-1 down to Ispwich

It was proper variance there, all stats showed they were scraping undeserved wins (sort of the opposite of ourselves). They’ll be back to the usual mid-table finish. 

1 minute ago, neophox said:

Why hasn't Tronstad played more than three games this season?

JDT likes slowly introducing players, always been like that. See Whalstad, Hill, Sigurdsson etc

Think it probably a result of that JDT clearly wants to express that if you don't play his way you dont play.

TBH I think it has generally worked pretty well.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

This is the most impressed I've been with Markanday. He's been decent defensively and has kept it simple going forwards.

Could do with the penny dropping for Dolan now.

He has absolutely no pace though - he's turned his man a few times and they've easily run him down. 

5 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Great half, keep it up lads

Dropping Travis and changing the midfield has changed everything. Hill looking good. Still suspect on Markanday and Dolan but they haven't been that bad

Markanday involved in both goals and Dolan scored one of them so not too suspect. 

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

They're in a proper tailspin at the moment. Ipswich meanwhile starting the season like a parachute payment club, despite having one of the lower wage budgets in the division and no significant transfer outlay. 

We'll set up and play to their strengths. Goes to show you what you can achieve even with a smaller budget. Fair play to them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Andy said:

What would be the point in lying?

Hill and Trondstad have been very good this half.

Well taken goals, Siggy scoring again 👍🏻

Because I am sick of teams saying Blackburn were the best team we have beaten this season.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Great half, keep it up lads

Dropping Travis and changing the midfield has changed everything. Hill looking good. Still suspect on Markanday and Dolan but they haven't been that bad

It's why I'd have sold Travis is a decent offer had come in.

He's a good Championship CM, but he isn't a good enough footballer to play in this system imo. 

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'd like to see Ennis and Telalovic - sadly they play the same position so I'm not sure how they'd manage that. 

Bring Ennis on on 60 mins, wait 15 mins for him to get injured then bring on Telalovic

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, superniko said:

Markanday has such a good nick for winning the ball back, he’s starting to get a bit more confidence and is looking better every game. 

He looked physically stronger against Cov than he'd done all season, he just needs to start contributing more goals and assists. 

I think confidence is a big thing for a lot of these young lads. Hopefully Dolan's goals gives him a boost. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Remember when I said we wouldn't miss Ben Brereton-Diaz 'cos Sigurdsson is a much, much better player? 3 goals already this season in only his 5th game. 

It’s a literal tap in. I would have scored it.

3 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto Mk2 said:

Good stuff.

Keeper - solid

Hill - excellent

Carter - out-matched, too much shirt-pulling, penalty in waiting

Hyam - OK

Pickering - good

Tronstadt - best midfielder half by anyone this season; box-to-box contributions, gets back a lot quicker than the jogging teenager.

JRC - quiet except for the first goal.

Sammy - should’ve shot 

Markanday - very effective, two assists

Dolan - actually quite good

Siggy - constant threat

You realise Markanday has 0 assists, right?

JRC set up Dolan and Szmodics set up Sigurdsson. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

This is the most impressed I've been with Markanday. He's been decent defensively and has kept it simple going forwards.

Could do with the penny dropping for Dolan now.

Dolans laid the ball off really well along with his goal.

With Dolans new muscle man physique maybe number 9 is a better role for him than outwide?

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Dolans laid the ball off really well along with his goal.

With Dolans new muscle man physique maybe number 9 is a better role for him than outwide?

He does well to start the move for the second goal. So far, Dolan, Markanday and Tronstad have all done well. Hill also looks comfortable at RB. QPR look pretty poor though. They haven’t done their homework as they are leaving us so much space, when are inability to break defences down is our big flaw.

• Like 1