BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (a) - 7/10/23

5 minutes ago, booth said:

Even if you're risking an injury by doing so?

At the end of the day we shouldn't be relying on a 19 year old loanee.

You or I don't know that's the case so when people say he could have a niggle to try justify it, equally, he may not. I doubt both he and Brittain do.

3 minutes ago, BigBar said:

You or I don't know that's the case so when people say he could have a niggle to try justify it, equally, he may not. I doubt both he and Brittain do.

That's why I said in my original post, that's all I can think of.

And I didn't say he had a niggle too, I said he never stopped running on Wednesday.

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Any successful strikerless systems knocking about?

Changed the system on Wednesday, we couldn't score. I can only imagine the people saying change the system didn't watch the game.

Change the owners more like.

• Like 2

Just now, Blue blood said:

Proper relegation 6 pointer this one. Feel like we will get a result, but if we can't it will be very worrying given QPR are one of the weaker teams in the division. 

Have QPR got any strikers, or is it going to be an inept finishing fest?

29 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

BBD had a huge amount of potential and was a top young talent at Forest. Telalovic is 23 years old and not played at anywhere near the level of the championship in his life. He was a cheap punt who was probably bottom of the transfer list of targets but had to make do as we had no money. 

The first glimpses of him and the guy can't even run. 

We gone and signed a experience La Liga striker on loan or Telalovic and JDT wanted Telalovic. We scouted him for while so its shows he was on a list. 

Of course he can run. Just shows some patience with him. Telalovic in his first played an excellent pass to Szmodics who should have scored. Telalovic is someone we want develop and improve. 

23 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

tis true,maybe jdt wants the sack and the best way to get it is to lose games,some of his team shapes have been suspiciously open to conceding goals

JDT wants to play a certain way and he will stick to that. Rightly so. 

Can you have a relegation 6 pointer in October? Normally no, but we're so poor and struggling that it feels like it.  Would normally be at Loftus Road today and have seen us win there a few times. Hope it's not an omen

Qpr have no right backs. Young lad making his debut today. Sigurðsson could have a good day. Colback was meant to be injured too. Think Ainsworth is under pressure and playing him when he's not fully fit. 

Hoping Dolan can do a job as a false 9. I still have faith in him as a player but think he's an abysmal left winger. Big day for him.

I fancy our chances today. Ainsworth is a bit tactically inept and relies on motivation. He'll have identified this as a huge game for them, so a lot will depend on whether the players are still behind him.

• Like 1

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, booth said:

Changed the system on Wednesday, we couldn't score. I can only imagine the people saying change the system didn't watch the game.

Change the owners more like.

Just comes down to the lack of quality. With a decent striker on the pitch I think we win the game Wednesday comfortably. That system would work if we had a proper finisher at the club. Unfortunately we don't, which is why JDT is being less pragmatic with his approach in most matches. He knows we need more chances than normal to score, and that puts huge pressure on a defence which has unfortunately not been able to cope, hence being joint worst in the division for goals conceded.

Just a shit situation really, and it's all on the owners. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, booth said:

That's why I said in my original post, that's all I can think of.

And I didn't say he had a niggle too, I said he never stopped running on Wednesday.

No I know I'm just saying in general it seems a trend to suggest a knock almost to protect the selection at certain times. There is no suggestion of an injury to either and didn't look like it on Wednesday either so I find it bizarre both are benched.

• Like 2