BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (a) - 7/10/23

Qpr are shite, but they've conceded 5 less goals than us so far this season, they don't seem to be shipping that many goals compared to us lately.

I can see a pretty useless 1-1 draw.

Hopefully I'm wrong and we turn a bit of a corner to reward those making the trip.

I'm considering not watching, finding it quite depressing lately doing so, a break may do me good! 

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

If we cut down on the suicide passes from our keepers and other defenders to players who are less talented that AW in receiving such on the turn and passing on.

I saw AW assist numbers criticised elsewhere but hardly a suprise with how deep he's made to play.

We will miss him and he looked better against Coventry than he has done for a while. It could however as you say tighten the midfield, that's up to JDT's selection.....tactics.....🙄

I thought he looked decent against Leicester also in terms of confidently moving the ball about.  That's his strength but he's a novice being asked to do an experienced mans job when we get stretched on the counter so much.

Plus he's knackered after 65 every game.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rigger said:

I'll tell you what I have noticed. Our one touch passing is superb, but our first touch when close control is needed is awful, second touch is usually a tackle, and that is all over the pitch. Is this down to the type of training we do ?

Could be because the emphasis seems very much on the one touch pour forwards stuff which we are the best in the div at.

Outside of our first 3rd and the last quarter of the pitch.

12 minutes ago, neophox said:

The problem with Adam Wharton is he's lazy and slow...he's got skills but it takes a lot of time and he loses the ball too often. Nowhere near last season .

he`s been better in the last 3 games,this unhinged cavalry charge forwards that we are currently playing is`nt helping him.the lad is class,he needs to be further up the field with someone sitting in,he`s the one left exposed when we lose the ball at moment,he`d benefit from a change of shape imo

• Like 2

People keep saying Wharton isn't a patch on last season as if he played 40 games when all we really had were glimpses. He's a kid learning on the job and still developing physically, mentally as well as football wise so give the kid a break FFS!

At any other club he'd be eased in and out but here he's thrown in because we are short and there is a desperation to get him worth money and sell.

Similarly with Carter they are both playing in a different more open style to last season and both get exposed more than they should.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he`s been better in the last 3 games,this unhinged cavalry charge forwards that we are currently playing is`n tot helping him.the lad is class,he needs to be further up the field with someone sitting in,he`s the one left exposed when we lose the ball at moment,he`d benefit from a change of shape imo

We shouldn't be playing this non sensical football..We just haven't got the personnel ..

What's wrong with people , Kenny , Souey and Mark Hughes didn't play this garbage ...

They had far better footballers at their disposal,than we have today ...Just play it forward and cut out the defensive errors , simples ! 

Before someone cries dinosaur , Luton are in the Premier League!!!

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

We shouldn't be playing this non sensical football..We just haven't got the personnel ..

What's wrong with people , Kenny , Souey and Mark Hughes didn't play this garbage ...

They had far better footballers at their disposal,than we have today ...Just play it forward and cut out the defensive errors , simples ! 

Before someone cries dinosaur , Luton are in the Premier League!!!

We haven't got the personnel for playing it forward and cutting out the defensive errors too.

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he`s been better in the last 3 games,this unhinged cavalry charge forwards that we are currently playing is`nt helping him.the lad is class,he needs to be further up the field with someone sitting in,he`s the one left exposed when we lose the ball at moment,he`d benefit from a change of shape imo

He played deep when he impressed last season. Hes naturally a midfielder that sits deep and controls the game, his position isnt the issue, its the tactics and how those around him are being used that have left him so exposed.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

We've sold out and it seems no one can say a number, not even the club.

Is it classified information subject to national security?

If the tickets had been put on general sale earlier, we may have sold out last week, then we could have asked for more allocation. The people running our club don't give a shit about the fans. 

• Like 2

• Backroom

Eh, Millwall away was a low pressure game as there would have had to have been a lot of results in our favour to come 6th. In the end we would have had to have won 16-0 or something to come 6th. The matches that mattered were before then, all of which we either lost or drew. A run of eight games without a win before that is where we threw everything away. By the time it got to the Millwall match we'd firmly placed ourselves in our favourite position of underdogs with a minor chance of sneaking in, but relying on other teams to do us a favour.

13 hours ago, Andy said:

Result to come with the performance this time.

QPR 0 v 3 Rovers.

Start of a run of form.

I have that feeling today, we're going to give someone a pasting and I can see it being this lot.

Heading down today so looking forward to seeing JDT ball in the flesh.

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

He played deep when he impressed last season. Hes naturally a midfielder that sits deep and controls the game, his position isnt the issue, its the tactics and how those around him are being used that have left him so exposed.

You should have ended the sentence at “those around him.”

2 hours ago, CambridgeRover said:

When it counted the most last season, millwall away, Travis was so poor he got hooked at half time. I really hope that JDT doesnt play him today

I’ll be surprised if Travis doesn’t play with Wharton being injured. There’s not many options to fair.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rigger said:

If the tickets had been put on general sale earlier, we may have sold out last week, then we could have asked for more allocation. The people running our club don't give a shit about the fans. 

We have a fair few supporters who live down south, always seem to have a good following at London games.

• Like 2