BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (a) - 7/10/23

6 hours ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

I've sussed JDT out now. We will most definitely lose this, gifting three more soft goals to a team that has little more to do than to rock up and take the points. He's doing it to make a point that the faceless absent ones should not mess with his professional integrity by changing the 'project' whilst expecting him to deliver the results he was hired to achieve.

I don't blame him. I blame the faceless twats in Pune, their feckless and arrogant local lackeys and a system here in the UK that conflates fit and proper with whimsy and entitlement.

QPR 3 Rovers 1 Szmodic.

I got pelters for saying more or less the same thing a couple of weeks ago. I said that maybe JDT was picking the teams that he was, to say fuck-you to his bosses.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It will be the top tier, which holds 1,850, hell of a following if we’ve sold that, we have a sizeable support in the south east that always turn out for these games.

But that’s presuming we were allocated all of it? Regardless there will be a good following there, which there always is for weekend games pretty much anywhere there days.

Around 1100 initial allocation sold out i believe which is still a great effort.

• Like 1

I've sussed JDT out now. We will most definitely lose this, gifting three more soft goals to a team that has little more to do than to rock up and take the points. He's doing it to make a point that the faceless absent ones should not mess with his professional integrity by changing the 'project' whilst expecting him to deliver the results he was hired to achieve.

I don't blame him. I blame the faceless twats in Pune, their feckless and arrogant local lackeys and a system here in the UK that conflates fit and proper with whimsy and entitlement.

QPR 3 Rovers 1 Szmodic.

I can't see it, he looks genuinely gutted in the dugout.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, broadsword said:

I wouldn't want to call this one at all.

QPR I have it on reliable info are absolutely gash. Seems were not much better.

My crystal ball says there could be a red card, var controversy, an own goal and a dreadful miss.

And at full time, over team wins, by a goal.

Or did you don't like that I have other predictions

Predicting a terrible miss in a Blackburn rovers game is like predicting the sun will rise tomorrow.

• Like 2

QPR 3 Rovers 1 Szmodic.

The faceless ones won't even know the score so he would be cutting off his nose to spite his face.

Edited by Blow-in

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

We've sold out and it seems no one can say a number, not even the club.

Is it classified information subject to national security?

Saw a thing on social media the other night listing all championship clubs official away followings so far this season and the only one N/A was...... 

Rover police normally tweet the tickets sold and number travelling before away games yet they didn't for Coventry as far as i'm aware.   So yes it looks like they are blanking away ticket numbers all of a sudden unless it's the usual incompetence and nobody knows.

• Like 2

No manager puts out a team to lose out of spite, I love JDT and his brand of football however I do think he needs to be more pragmatic at times. Unless you're able to wedge 35 million a la the dingles to play a specific type of football then you're always going to have to make modifications and compromises. Which at this point JDT seems unwilling and/or unable to do. I'd say Bielsa is the only one who has managed to completely mould a team to style of play on a 'relative' shoestring, he managed it at Leeds (albeit blessed with Phillips and a technician like Klich) but with the greatest respect to JDT he is no Bielsa.

We need an extra body in the middle of the park to add cover, for me this either means sacrificing Wharton as a deep lying playmaker and moving him further forward in a 4-2-3-1. I'd feel much more confident with Tronstand and Hill at the base of the midfield and Adam pushed into a 10 role. We also need the full backs to stay wide and parallel to the centre halves not stepping centrally into midfield for the time being as we're so exposed when we turnover the ball in midfield. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
47 minutes ago, rigger said:

I got pelters for saying more or less the same thing a couple of weeks ago. I said that maybe JDT was picking the teams that he was, to say fuck-you to his bosses.

It would also be an FU to the fans, and I don't think JDT would do that just to prove a point to his bosses. I think he has more integrity than that.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Travis is useless in many aspects but especially on the ball and in defense. Glad jdt saw that and dropped him

Good to know our top league assist maker is useless on the ball. The stats show he has created as many chances as Wharton. I wonder how he managed that if he's useless on the ball.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lancaster Rover said:

No manager puts out a team to lose out of spite, I love JDT and his brand of football however I do think he needs to be more pragmatic at times. Unless you're able to wedge 35 million a la the dingles to play a specific type of football then you're always going to have to make modifications and compromises. Which at this point JDT seems unwilling and/or unable to do. I'd say Bielsa is the only one who has managed to completely mould a team to style of play on a 'relative' shoestring, he managed it at Leeds (albeit blessed with Phillips and a technician like Klich) but with the greatest respect to JDT he is no Bielsa.

We need an extra body in the middle of the park to add cover, for me this either means sacrificing Wharton as a deep lying playmaker and moving him further forward in a 4-2-3-1. I'd feel much more confident with Tronstand and Hill at the base of the midfield and Adam pushed into a 10 role. We also need the full backs to stay wide and parallel to the centre halves not stepping centrally into midfield for the time being as we're so exposed when we turnover the ball in midfield. 

So is JDT putting out a team to lose out of pig-headedness ? Because the facts show he is putting out a team that loses.