BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (a) - 7/10/23

Come on Rovers!!1 lets bring the 3 points home today

I think Telalovic will start today.

I think JDT will pick this team:- Wahlstedt; Hill Carter Hyam Brittain, JRC, Tronstad, Szmodics; Moran Telalovic Sigurdsson

On 06/10/2023 at 11:28, rigger said:

I got pelters for saying more or less the same thing a couple of weeks ago. I said that maybe JDT was picking the teams that he was, to say fuck-you to his bosses.

no chance, JDT is a winner and what you are describing and thinking is just wrong. Doesn't match JDT's attitude and what we know from JDT track record. 

23 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Ainsworth only needs to use a single one line team message.

"rollover Rovers are in town"

Ainsworth has own problems there. 

• Like 2

Don't think JDT will have much choice today as far as selection goes. Maybe Dolan and JRC will start instead of Hill/Travis, Or maybe Pickering will come back in. 

I thought we looked more solid at Cov with Hill at RB, he didn't venture forward as much as Brittain/JRC do and so we effectively had 3 CB's a lot of the time. He isn't as good on the ball as the other two but maybe JDT needs to stick with it, especially away from home.

I thought Tronstad looked decent when he came on, and you could tell he's been getting the 'pass forward' mantra drilled in to him. Just like Bucko, that was the criticism aimed at him by JDT after his debut.

We'll miss Wharton when in possession, but we need Tronstad to make that DM position his own. That was the reason he was bought. Travis couldn't do it last season cos he isn't good enough on the ball, and Wharton is a kid being asked to do the hardest job on the pitch. That's not a criticism of Wharton, I doubt there's anybody better in this league at taking the ball in tight areas and moving it forward. As JDT said, he's PL quality on the ball, but off the ball he has a lot to learn. 

Wahlstedt

Hill    Carter  Hyam   Brittain

Travis  Tronstad   Moran

Markanday Szmodics Sigurdsson

I fancy us for a 2-1 win. 

Up the Rovers. 

Not saying JDT would set his team up to lose, but that is different from saying he might set his team up to highlight the problems foisted upon him by the weird ones and the hapless maggot.

WEIRDOS AND FAT MAGGOTS OUT!

• Backroom
22 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Not saying JDT would set his team up to lose, but that is different from saying he might set his team up to highlight the problems foisted upon him by the weird ones and the hapless maggot.

In fairness even his strongest team would highlight the problems created by those above him, so he doesn't need to make an effort.

Desperate for a win and to start forming a solid defense. Think JDT has to start going a bit more cautious. I also think he has the players to do this.  I'd go...

Wahlstedt

JRC    Hill       Hyam      Brittain

Tronstadt Travis

Moran       Szmodic       Sigurdsson

Ennis

36 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

I think there is definitely an element of that in his approach.

He often highlights what Maggot has said re - no pressure to get results.

With the above in mind, I suspect his attitude is, "I'll stick to my guns , come what may".

"If you want to sack me, it will cost you".

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, benhben said:

Desperate for a win and to start forming a solid defense. Think JDT has to start going a bit more cautious. I also think he has the players to do this.  I'd go...

Wahlstedt

JRC    Hill       Hyam      Brittain

Tronstadt Travis

Moran       Szmodic       Sigurdsson

Ennis

Ennis isn’t fit to start apparently.

44 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think Telalovic will start today.

unfortunately he looks miles off the standard required and it will take him ages to adjust to this level of football,if he ever does

broughton and kimberley should be brought to justice over this,they signed a lad from the german regional leagues (which is basically our north west counties level  )he`s had half an hour in the bundesliga,how the hell do they think he`s going to make it england,in a league that is unforgiving and quicker than anything he`s ever experienced before

if you are going in at bargain level for a striker,then look into the lower leagues in england,at least the players know the game,we could have signed the lad longstaff from notts county,scoring for fun and looks a handfull,really think broughton and his cohort are useless,they could`nt spot lionel messi if he was playing in the blackburn combination.f****g chancers,both of them,got the job by bull*****g

• Like 3

Not looking forward to the game. I expect us to win but I equally wouldn't be surprised if we lost given we're the worst team defensively. 

5 losses in a row and a probable drop into the bottom 3 would be unthinkable. QPR are dreadful so a loss today would be hard to take.

17 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

the standard of football is very close to it,very non league if you`ve bothered to watch it

You watch the German fourth division a lot then I take it and it’s ‘basically’ 9th tier (NW Counties) English football standard?

Edited by Mattyblue

Today the most important thing for me is that we don’t concede any goals. I actually think that would be most important part that might get us going again. I’ll happily take a boring 0-0 today, but would be over the moon if we don’t concede and nick 3 points away from home.  As an example: a 4-3 win is 3 points but would still make me feel uneasy for the coming games.

Still…once a Rover always a Rover!! So…COYB!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

You watch the German fourth division a lot then I take it and it’s ‘basically’ 9th tier (NW Counties) English football standard?

aye,i browse through footy quite a lot,got a bit of a betting addiction,so im`e always looking for favourable odds,definately on a par with non league here,probably a bit more organised and fitter,thats the only difference

We desperately need a win today.  Sadly, I think an Ainsworth inspired QPR will break that horrible run of form they are having a Loftus Road.  If we lose an early goal then I fear for us.  This game could be season defining.

Hill MUST play, Dolan MUST NOT (though I fear he will).

Whatever happens, hope Leo has a commanding and assured game so he claims that number 1 spot from the terrible goals and points costing Pears.

Edited by Mercer

3 changes for Rovers

Wahlstedt

Hill Carter Hyam Pickering

Tronstad JRC

Markanday Szmodics Sigurdsson

Dolan 

Subs: Hilton Brittain Wharton Travis Garrett Moran Telalovic Ennis Glisenan 

Rovers 3-1 Win, Szmodics, Sigurdsson and Telalovic to score 

Edited by chaddyrovers