BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (a) - 7/10/23

8 minutes ago, rigger said:

So is JDT putting out a team to lose out of pig-headedness ? Because the facts show he is putting out a team that loses.

I'm not sure it's pigheadedness, I think it's more an unwavering belief in his principles of play. Pigheadedness suggest its a lack of humility, whereas I'd say from the personality he has shown so far he has a belief in a certain way of playing and that over time that will win more games than it loses. I'd argue that it may be the case in many leagues but the championship doesn't give you much breathing space and a bad run of results can very quickly become suffocating and death spiral like. 

I ultimately think JDT is being a bit naive, he needs to cut his cloth accordingly for a little while, shore up the midfield, stop leaking goals and focus less on nice patterns of play and more on results. Because at the end of the season the record books don't say, lost but played nicely, they say lost, 0 points recorded. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Might not be a popular opinion but with Wharton out i think we'll be a lot tighter in the middle and might even concede less than 2.

Agreed. Time to see what we can without him…He a class act but definitely has his weaknesses in defence…Tronstad should help with that.

I’d put Telalovic in for this, let’s see what he can do! 

• Like 1

• Backroom
12 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I'm not sure it's pigheadedness, I think it's more an unwavering belief in his principles of play. Pigheadedness suggest its a lack of humility, whereas I'd say from the personality he has shown so far he has a belief in a certain way of playing and that over time that will win more games than it loses. I'd argue that it may be the case in many leagues but the championship doesn't give you much breathing space and a bad run of results can very quickly become suffocating and death spiral like. 

I ultimately think JDT is being a bit naive, he needs to cut his cloth accordingly for a little while, shore up the midfield, stop leaking goals and focus less on nice patterns of play and more on results. Because at the end of the season the record books don't say, lost but played nicely, they say lost, 0 points recorded. 

Indeed, people seem to forget sometimes he's a young and inexperienced manager. The way we play shows he has impressive coaching skills, but there's a lot more to management than coaching a team to play a certain style well. You only learn those things through experience, and one of the pitfalls of hiring rookie managers is that their growing pains will also be yours as a club. Occasionally it clicks immediately, as with McKenna at Ipswich. but more often than not time and patience are required. 

Goes without saying that the above becomes much harder when the owners are at best passively useless and at worst totally destructive.

Edited by DE.

18 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Might not be a popular opinion but with Wharton out i think we'll be a lot tighter in the middle and might even concede less than 2.

We conceded zero with him in the team versus Coventry. Travis never covers for him when he roams forward.

Hopefully we can reverse the trend before our confidence is shot to pieces. Good thing there's an international break coming up as we have a few bodies out at the moment.

32 minutes ago, rigger said:

So is JDT putting out a team to lose out of pig-headedness ? Because the facts show he is putting out a team that loses.

The facts also show he's putting a team out to lose because it's been underfunded for years.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DE. said:

Indeed, people seem to forget sometimes he's a young and inexperienced manager. The way we play shows he has impressive coaching skills, but there's a lot more to management than coaching a team to play a certain style well. You only learn those things through experience, and one of the pitfalls of hiring rookie managers is that their growing pains will also be yours as a club. Occasionally it clicks immediately, as with McKenna at Ipswich. but more often than not time and patience are required. 

Goes without saying that the above becomes much harder when the owners are at best passively useless and at worst totally destructive.

Could I vote for passively destructive please?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Torgeir said:

We conceded zero with him in the team versus Coventry. Travis never covers for him when he roams forward.

Hopefully we can reverse the trend before our confidence is shot to pieces. Good thing there's an international break coming up as we have a few bodies out at the moment.

That's what three quarters of one game where we didn't conceded versus numerous where we have with that pairing, which granted seems to be the wrong way around with Travis going fwds.

I don't know what it is with the coaching at this club but every time there is a midfielder with a bit of attacking flair they seem to want to instantly convert them into a defensive holding mid.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Rogerb said:

QPR won 1 of last 19 home league games stat from Wednesday night commentary on radio lancs.

Time for their second win then! We are so generous. We always help out our good mates the rest of the league when their stats are dire 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Good to know our top league assist maker is useless on the ball. The stats show he has created as many chances as Wharton. I wonder how he managed that if he's useless on the ball.

Is that a massive two assists. Wow he must be class with two whole assists

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BarryMaguire said:

Or if we didn't send every player into their half every time we got the ball when we don't have particularly quick defenders

Crying out for a solid defensive mid to protect the back line playing this style.

I thought Tronstad was supposed to be that guy.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

If we cut down on the suicide passes from our keepers and other defenders to players who are less talented that AW in receiving such on the turn and passing on.

I saw AW assist numbers criticised elsewhere but hardly a suprise with how deep he's made to play.

We will miss him and he looked better against Coventry than he has done for a while. It could however as you say tighten the midfield, that's up to JDT's selection.....tactics.....🙄

• Like 1

Fair play to everyone making the long trek to the smoke tomorrow. Have a great day out in West London, and bring back three much needed points to the starved hordes (thousands of us, I tell ye!) 

It isn't nice at the moment, being a supporter of this weirdly lightweight team, put out by a weirdly passive-aggressive head coach, run by a weirdly unconcerned management team and owned by the weirdest of weird wenky wallies.

One day, hopefully very soon, we might find out what this bunch of weirdos get from Blackburn Rovers. We already know it isn't pride, entertainment, return on investment, thrills cheap or other, access to an exciting plaything, something to do on a Saturday afternoon, a viable brand to enhance their market position here or anywhere in the markets they operate in, a place to showcase their other businesses, a place to meet high profile internationally renowned anyone, joy, fun, sexual gratification (just guessing here), something to pass on to the kids, a better status symbol than their mates have, a connection to an appreciative audience, somewhere to go for a nice day out, a groovy pad next to some fine fishing / hunting grounds, somewhere to stay, a place to bring the family, an outlet for a well hidden vaping / smoking habit, balti pies (although these may be available on the concourse), a sandbox ecosystem for market testing new and exciting poultry related food products, somewhere to park their lard-arses (well, to be fair, Barry's bum just wouldn't fit without surgical intervention), the best kept bogs in Blackburn, decent ale at a fair price, state of the art sports architecture to admire, admiring glances towards the executive boxes from an enthralled and adoring fanbase, a tenuous connection to Maggie Thatcher, vicarious glory from the goals of Simon Garner, black pudding, a plethora of baffling sudoku clues relating to one of the founding forces of the game of association football, the best kit sponsors in the UK game, free vaping products, half time oranges with the players, communal bathing facilities fit for the cream of international football, a dream of enduring dominance over hordes of six-fingered orks, free parking at Ewood, the post match walk up Livesey Branch Road amongst crowds of passionate supporters willing their team to just do their best week in week out....

Nope, I've wracked me brains. Can't think of ANYTHING that the Venkys get from holding our heads under water. That means, ultimately, that either this is just plain personal or (more likely) they are just a bunch of hillbilly celebrity wannabe blow ins from a third world shithole who are just weirdos.

WEIRDOS OUT!

On a really tight pitch it will be easier to be compact and narrow which is just what we need. It's simple for me. Keep a clean sheet and I believe we will win. Last season our win there was a bit of a turning point as we grew in confidence and although the results didn't really reflect it we started playing really well. 

I'm confident that we'll get a win tomorrow.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CambridgeRover said:

Is that a massive two assists. Wow he must be class with two whole assists

Who said class? It's clearly better than 'useless' though. There are only 10 players in the whole league with more, it's double the assists of our most creative CM, who he has also created the same number of chances as. Useless is very harsh.

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

That's what three quarters of one game where we didn't conceded versus numerous where we have with that pairing, which granted seems to be the wrong way around with Travis going fwds.

I don't know what it is with the coaching at this club but every time there is a midfielder with a bit of attacking flair they seem to want to instantly convert them into a defensive holding mid.

I'll tell you what I have noticed. Our one touch passing is superb, but our first touch when close control is needed is awful, second touch is usually a tackle, and that is all over the pitch. Is this down to the type of training we do ?