BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (a) - 24/10/2023

Have to hope Scott Wharton can play more like he used to than how he has been, or we could rue that change. I don't know if Hill inside and JRC or Brittain at RB wouldn't have been wiser.

Now that Brittain has scored whilst I was typing it though, I know it wouldn't have been wiser 🤣

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Have to hope Scott Wharton can play more like he used to than how he has been, or we could rue that change. I don't know if Hill inside and JRC or Brittain at RB wouldn't have been wiser.

I agree, but at some point you've got to trust S. Wharton to play in league games or you have to sell him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Don't get this that we're poor I think we've been excellent apart from in the last third. Some of the crisp passing and movement has had Millwall chasing shadows.

However, we all know what happens when we don't convert dominance into goals...

I've tried not to labour this, this season, but our approach is generally to retain possession, not to look to score, so when JDT claims we haven't been progressive enough, it infuriates me. 

The irony is that when we play the youth team in the early cup games, they play the neat, effective JDT possession game, but ignore the 'keep it in midfield' instruction and score loadsa goals. 

The on-field 11 tonight need to do the same, but retaining their place in the side is understandably a priority. 

Hopefully we'll turn our dominance into 3 points.

C O Y B  ! ! !