BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (a) - 24/10/2023

Is anyone else venturing into deepest, dark sarf London? I’ve been a few times and it’s never a comfortable place to visit but we have a reasonable record down there and I’m hoping that continues despite my poor form in away matches

i was talking to an Irish Newcastle fan the other day and he has a 100 per cent failure rate in away matches - he’s never seen them win once. I’m not quite that bad but a rare win would be welcome. Here’s hoping.

Millwall 1 Rovers 2 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Is anyone else venturing into deepest, dark sarf London? I’ve been a few times and it’s never a comfortable place to visit but we have a reasonable record down there and I’m hoping that continues despite my poor form in away matches

i was talking to an Irish Newcastle fan the other day and he has a 100 per cent failure rate in away matches - he’s never seen them win once. I’m not quite that bad but a rare win would be welcome. Here’s hoping.

Millwall 1 Rovers 2 

Your words are too kind Jim - horrible down there and I very much doubt I'll watch Rovers at Millwall again.

However, I think your endeavours will be rewarded and I can't see anything other than a Rovers' win.

As per my comments before the Cardiff match, four big differences and plusses for me, Leo, Hill, Brittain in that advanced role and Tronstad.  Add JRC and Siggy into the mix  and suddenly we look a much more likely proposition.

Rovers by 2 or 3 goals to 1.

Enjoy and safe travels.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Upside Down said:

They've no manager.

Come on Rovers, kick em while they're down.

I'll be more than happy grinding out another 1-0 victory here.

Watched most of the game against the Nobbers on Saturday. They actually played well and we're the better side for me.

They weren't as direct under the caretaker manager as under Rowett, so am expecting a really tough game.

Saw the first half of their weekend match at PNE, they had a nightmarish start & made some shocking defensive mistakes, but after the first 10 mins or so they found their feet & looked quite dangerous.

Like the OP said, happy days to grind out a 0-1 (though I'll take 3-4 again!)

Edited by Atko's Engine

Not going to this i don't think but been several times and never had any bother they aren't interested in Rovers so if you don't look for trouble you won't have any.

Older heads could write scare stories about virtually any club in this league based on the 70/80s i'd wager and iv'e seen a few about opposition coming to Blackburn back then !

Always think it's a good old day out when you go down there via London Bridge/Borough Market etc, proper club Millwall mostly followed by a real hardcore of proper fans just like us.

Tough game as always but if we perform to out max we are better and can take the points but for this i'll go.

Millwall  1   Rovers  1

• Like 2

I'm going against the grain here because I like going to Millwall. I have had great hospitality behind the scenes when I refereed there and on numerous visits to watch Rovers have usually engaged in conversation with Millwall fans on the train and never felt threatened in any way. It's hostile (I wish Ewood was too) but that is something they use to their advantage to try and get a result by intimidating opposition players.

Hopefully another clean sheet for us to crow about and a positive result. I haven't checked but it seems like a long time since we lost in London, perhaps Fulham a couple of years ago.

• Like 2

Hoping for a solid defensive performance, with a bit more fluidity and guile from the midfield and attacking players. It would be great to go and do another QPR on the lions of Millwall, but I suspect we will be far from lion tamers and more like pussycats on our travels this season. They will be wanting to smack us for the reverse that cost them the playoffs at the death last season, and Rovers have yet to convince me that there is any consistency in the side. Harry the Dog may well return to strike fear and loathing into Northern hearts...

Head Millwall 1 Rovers 1

Heart Millwall 0 Rovers 3

Harry the Dog Millwall 3 Rovers 0

3 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

… I can't see anything other than a Rovers' win.

Well that’s that then.

• Like 1

Not sure Rowett going is as big a spanner in the works as other sackings, I listened to a 20 minute long interview with him on TalkShite the following day where he was very open about it being a genuinely mutual agreement. Seemed like he was leaving a fairly settled operation rather than the usual heart being ripped from a dressing room. That said with our formation and personnel tweaks in the last 2 games we seemed to have been able to cut out some of the defensive errors that cost us games and capitalise on attacking opportunities where we'd previously let them go begging and I can see a 2-1, Rovers take a 2-0 lead before a 70th minute or so rally from Millwall leaving us with a nervy last 20

4 hours ago, ruggles1995 said:

The home of Harchester United. Horrible place to visit, last time i went it was 0-0 in the fa cup and danny shittu was the best player on the pitch (summed up the game).  We really could do with maximum points against millwall and swansea, with a tough looking november coming up. 

I thought that was Leicester City?

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Millwall (a) - 23/10/2023
45 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Travis out for a couple of weeks with calf injury. Scott Wharton and Moran back tomorrow.

Pears 4 week lay off now going to be nearer 8 

Where in serious trouble if anything happens to Leo , Hilton was very poor against walsall. Even worse than pears by a mile

Would like to see Ennis start for this and then go off in the second half if needed. Similar to how we went with Sigurdsson. Hes been back in training long enough now, unless his fitness really is bad. Brittain is a better player than Pickering, even if out of position.

Whalstead

Hill   Carter   Hyam   Brittain

Tronsteadt   JRC

Moran  Szmodic  Sigurdsson

Ennis

I think on Paper thats our most balanced side at the moment. Maybe Dolan for Moran given his last two games. 

Edited by benhben
  • Like 1