BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (a) - 24/10/2023

Millwall are more mobile and dangerous than Cardiff up front but their defence this season can be got at. 

If Rovers play our normal game and whoever is in the makeshift forward line has their shooting boots on, we will be OK. 

But it will take a lot of defending from front to back to keep a clean sheet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, benhben said:

Would like to see Ennis start for this and then go off in the second half if needed. Similar to how we went with Sigurdsson. Hes been back in training long enough now, unless his fitness really is bad. Brittain is a better player than Pickering, even if out of position.

Whalstead

Hill   Carter   Hyam   Brittain

Tronsteadt   JRC

Moran  Szmodic  Sigurdsson

Ennis

I think on Paper thats our most balanced side at the moment. Maybe Dolan for Moran given his last two games. 

I'd still pick Adam Wharton ahead of JRC. But then again I like three central mid-fielders, so I would have,Tronstedt, Wharton and JRC. I'd rest Szmodic and use him in the Swansea game.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Does anyone know if we've sold out? The Rovers ticket website is playing up as usual

sold over 600 according to Rovers police twitter account 

25 minutes ago, rigger said:

I'd still pick Adam Wharton ahead of JRC. But then again I like three central mid-fielders, so I would have,Tronstedt, Wharton and JRC. I'd rest Szmodic and use him in the Swansea game.

Dropping Szmodics would be massive mistake. He set the tempo for the team and he knows when to press. Look at his attitude in the final minutes against Cardiff pressing their keeper. Would Wharton done that? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, benhben said:

Would like to see Ennis start for this and then go off in the second half if needed. Similar to how we went with Sigurdsson. Hes been back in training long enough now, unless his fitness really is bad. Brittain is a better player than Pickering, even if out of position.

Whalstead

Hill   Carter   Hyam   Brittain

Tronsteadt   JRC

Moran  Szmodic  Sigurdsson

Ennis

I think on Paper thats our most balanced side at the moment. Maybe Dolan for Moran given his last two games. 

Cant see us making any changes after two wins and two clean sheets. Would like Moran, Wharton and Ennis to all come on second half.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Cant see us making any changes after two wins and two clean sheets. Would like Moran, Wharton and Ennis to all come on second half.

A number of our players are prone to injury though like Brittain and JRC for example so wouldn't surprise me to see one or two changes.

He did make one change after the 4-0 win at QPR.

moran might replace siggy,who looked tired on saturday,wharton will come on in the 2nd half against tired millwall legs imo,jdt needs to get him up further up the pitch,he`s got the killer/final pass

• Upside Down changed the title to v Millwall (a) - 24/10/2023
10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

If Wharton plays (I wouldnt start him) it should be deeper because he is naturally someone who dictates a game from deep, not an attacking midfielder, and Tronstad might be a better defensive foil. Rankin Costello could play further forward because he naturally can run beyond.

Wharton could play in any CM/AM attacking position and be the best player on the pitch. When he plays in a more advanced role he tends to ping the ball in the back of the net from 20 yards. 

JDT said only a day or two ago that AW could play as a '6 or an 8'. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, islander200 said:

A number of our players are prone to injury though like Brittain and JRC for example so wouldn't surprise me to see one or two changes.

He did make one change after the 4-0 win at QPR.

Yes, but after Brittain impressed second half at QPR. Don't think anyone managed to really make that much of an impression against Cardiff.

28 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Wharton could play in any CM/AM attacking position and be the best player on the pitch. When he plays in a more advanced role he tends to ping the ball in the back of the net from 20 yards. 

JDT said only a day or two ago that AW could play as a '6 or an 8'. 

Yeah, I think Wharton can play as all of deep Tugay style play maker, a left sided box to box centre mid, or a number 10 behind the striker. At the moment I'd be tempted to play Wharton in a midfield three with Wharton left, Tronstad deep centre, JRC right. But.... issue is that if we do that where does Szmodics go as the 10 role disappears in a 433? Means we either need to play him as a CF, or play him right wing instead of Brittain? But Szmodics is the sort of player who really excels in the 10 role but just doesn't offer as much really in other areas.

Tricky really. 

So I think we are probably limited to a 4231 setup to retain Szmodics at 10 which means there is only one CM role alongside Tronstad. Option are drop JRC for Wharton, or put Wharton in and move JRC right and drop Brittain.

In the end we've won and kept a clean sheet two games in a row so can't see much changing until results go south again. When that inevitably happens think Wharton has a great chance to come in to replace injured / out of form players.

• Like 3

Yes, but after Brittain impressed second half at QPR. Don't think anyone managed to really make that much of an impression against Cardiff.

I thought Markanday was unlucky to get subbed at QPR, he was involved in both goals then got hooked at half time. I was looking forward to seeing him take it to them second half, whoever played on the right second half was always going to make hay. 

• Like 1

Blimey, 2 hours to go and not even 2 full pages for this topic on the forum.

Apathy rules, ko.

Fair play to anyone who has made the journey. I do hope the effort is reciprocated on the pitch and that you enjoy the evening, and have a safe return home.

COYB!

45 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Blimey, 2 hours to go and not even 2 full pages for this topic on the forum.

Apathy rules, ko.

Fair play to anyone who has made the journey. I do hope the effort is reciprocated on the pitch and that you enjoy the evening, and have a safe return home.

COYB!

Fans must be happy and silently praying it continues..

Or haven't realised midweek falls on a Tuesday. 

Edited by philipl
  • Like 1