BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich City (a) - 5/11/23

2 minutes ago, Dontfuckwithcats said:

Love the viscious replies to todays match from preston, they truly are, absolute vile jack russells with one of the biggest cases of small man syndrome I have ever seen.

They are calling for our players to be out of the picture and injured, they want us down and out, cannot wait to paste them on friday.

They pretend to hate Blackpool, but only because we disregard them as an irrelevant local rival.

Still calling us plastics when we havnt been in the prem for over a decade.

A true small club.

Plastics when they were calling for Lowe to be sacked before yesterdays game. Second only to Burnley in the fickle twats league.

1 minute ago, booth said:

Anyone else find it difficult to watch Keith Andrews criticising other players?

In fairness, pointing at things as they went wrong was always his biggest strengths.

Every time I see his name I picture him half-turned, pointing at a player who is running in behind him or a pass played down the side of him.

• Like 5

I would not say their goal was a particularly bad mistake, the two options for the keeper where deflect the ball to safety (Which he tried ). Or gather the ball in (which would have been difficult ). Someone said he should have turned the ball for a corner, that was never on with how the ball was played in.

• Like 4

That is an excellent win, especially considering our Injury’s and we usually struggle v Norwich. 
loads of players deserve credit but hill is one of the best defenders we have had in the last 10 years, wish we had the money to make that a permanent. 
don’t say this lightly but I would take him over van hecke

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

In case he ever has to actually play in the first team.

Is there some rule about having a competent 3rd choice.

We've got billionaire owners.

Even PL clubs don't have competent third choice GKs. 

As for the owners, the less said the better.

• Like 1

Cracking result, chuffed for Dolan particularly, and Moran showed why he needs to stay in the team. 

Don't want to tempt fate here, but Ched Evans must be licking his lips at anything in the air on Friday night, he will just take the lot. 

Absolutely critical our possession game is on song against Preston, we can't afford to give them cheap possession in dangerous areas. At all costs, we need to stop the crosses. 

• Like 1

Just now, New Jeru said:

In fairness, pointing at things as they went wrong was always his biggest strengths.

Every time I see his name I picture him half-turned, pointing at a player who is running in behind him or a pass played down the side of him.

Which game did he somehow tackle himself in his own box and conceding a penalty when he tried to get the ball back?

I think my brain has tried to block it out, but I can still remember the horror show, I just can't remember who we were playing.

Fantastic result. Thought on the whole we played brilliantly across the pitch. Hill, Tronstad, Szmodics all outstanding. Thought Pickering, JRC, Britain, Dolan, Moran all had very good games.  

The two Whartons both really struggled imo. Scott just seems to keep doing daft things, including the madness of the challenge for the red when we were 3-0 up. Adam doesn't do daft things but his passing was really off it today. And thats been a theme for months. I suspect Adam will lose his place again to Travis who was superb when he came on.

On Leo... i hate judging early. But some of the basics really seem to be missing in terms of handling crosses, and while obviously decent with his feet he is repeatedly playing short passes into marked players which is suicidal. He needs to start catching crosses with authority and picking better passes out of the back asap.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Fantastic result. Thought on the whole we played brilliantly across the pitch. Hill, Tronstad, Szmodics all outstanding. Thought Pickering, JRC, Britain, Dolan, Moran all had very good games.  

The two Whartons both really struggled imo. Scott just seems to keep doing daft things, including the madness of the challenge for the red when we were 3-0 up. Adam doesn't do daft things but his passing was really off it today. And thats been a theme for months. I suspect Adam will lose his place again to Travis who was superb when he came on.

On Leo... i hate judging early. But some of the basics really seem to be missing in terms of handling crosses, and while obviously decent with his feet he is repeatedly playing short passes into marked players which is suicidal. He needs to start catching crosses with authority and picking better passes out of the back asap.

Passing out of the back quicker. Meds to read the game as he catches the ball  

26 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

That's not what you've seen though, it's an exaggeration. He has been disappointing so far, but he has made some good saves also. If anything that goes near him looked like resulting in a goal, he wouldn't have made any good saves, or kept any clean sheets.

If you say so. I know what I have seen, don't get the odd trait on here to defend players when they are below par. What good saves? Can you name 3 that were good saves?