BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich City (a) - 5/11/23

Got a lovely 12pm kick off on Sunday... Norwich are a side that confuses me. Lots of resources, good players, recent prem experience but really struggled to make that much of an impression this season or last. Seems a good time to play them with the fans frustrated and them struggling to find the right setup.

In terms of Rovers... classic three game winning run, thinking we have come up with a winning setup. Followed by injury to Hyam and Sigurdsson and Brittain having really bad game so suddenly back to the drawing board... Very frustrating. 

Players who have to play imo - Carter, Hill, Pickering, Szmodics, JRC, Tronstad, Adam Wharton. So seven out of the XI. Of the remaining four spots Leo gets a crack by default as Pears injured, then think Leonard has shown enough to keep his spot. Does feel when he gets a goal he could start scoring a few.

To round it off while Scott Wharton has looked shaky I think we have to give him a go. If we can't trust him now when can we? And it means we can keep Hill at right back which is key for defensive cover. Last spot is what to do right wing... again I think persevering with Brittain there is the best option (others being Markanday or Dolan). While it didn't work against Swansea previous games the combination of Hill, JRC and Brittain down the right worked very well, so want us to try that again. Other options can come off the bench.

Leo

Hill      Carter   S Wharton  Pickering

JRC     Tronstad   A Wharton

Brittain    Leonard    Szmodics

Bad memories of going there in the Premier League relegation season when we were 3-1 up with 10 minutes left and managed to draw it 3-3. Brilliant goal from Hoillett IIRC

Won't be going this time as it's too early in the day. Hoping for a bounceback after the Swansea and Chelsea defeats but with a dodgy goalkeeper and non-scoring forwards it's best to be realistic

Norwich 2 Rovers 1

• Like 3

Really tough one to call. Norwich are in a rotten run of form and it seems like David Wagner's days might be numbered.

However, they do have a couple of particularly exciting players. Jonathan Rowe seems to be having a fantastic season so far, I think he'll give us some trouble on Sunday.

They comfortably played us off the park at Ewood towards the end of last season as well. My gut says a Norwich 1-0 win.

The team that I'd go with:

Wahlstedt

JRC     Hill     S. Wharton     Pickering

A. Wharton    Tronstad

Szmodics

Brittain        Leonard       Sigurdsson

• Like 3

Wahlstedt

JRC     Hill     Wharton   Pickering

Tronstad   Wharton

Moran       Szmodics       Dolan

Leonard

Try Sigurdsson later on as he’s not been great in his last couple of starts.

• Like 1

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Norwich City (a) - 12pm Sunday 5/12/23
  • Herbie6590 pinned this topic
  • Herbie6590 changed the title to v Norwich City (a) - 12pm Sunday 5/11/23

We really are stretched now.

We need to try and off load Gallagher in January.  Relatively, a big earner who goes missing injured for long periods.  Certainly should be no new contract on the table for him.

Without our talisman Szmodics, difficult to see where our zip and fizz will come from.

Huge chance for Leonard to nail down a place.  Has very good movement and gets in the right places at the right time - a couple of goals could see him really take off.

Norwich in poor form and pressure mounting on Wagner..........Rovers come to 'town' and we know what happens next!

Think those travelling to that lovely part of the UK (it's a horrible journey) will do so more in hope than expectation.

Sadly, I can only see this going one way.  Norwich to win by 3 or 4 goals to 1.

Edited by Mercer

4 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Bogey ground for us....0-5 Rovers 🙃

Think we beat them at Carrow Road twice last season...

Didnt realise Carter definitely and Szmodics probably out. So I guess Hill has to play CB with Wharton and if one of them gets injured we are into the kids.. Szmods probably a straight swap for Dolan or Sigurdsson. 

Norwich's troubles see them 17th in the table and 5 places below us. It seems the heat is increasing on an unconvincing David Wagner.

Having said that a look at their home results paints a different picture:

Lost 2-1 to Middlesbrough

Lost 3-2 to Leeds

Won 2-0 v Birmingham

Lost 2-0 to Leicester

Won 1-0 v Stoke

Won 3-1 v Millwall

Won 2-1 v Hull

Their 3 home defeats have been relatively tight on the scorelines and have all been against top / in form teams. Those against mid-table opposition they have won.

Tough game but I'll never accept an inferiority complex when travelling to a side below us in this rubbish league.

43 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Loving the optimism lads. I'd take a win too. Think JDT says hill will play CB. Would be great for Leonard to start and ideally score!!!!! Coybs

at least harry is getting in the right places,he`s just not finishing them off,sooner or later all the chances are going to go in imo,i`de be more worried if he was just bumbling about like vale used to do,he looks like a proper centre forward to me,always looking to get in front of the centre backs

• Like 1

Leo

JRC.             Hill              S Wharton           Pickering

Tronstad                   Travis

Brittain                           A Wharton                                   Dolan

Leonard

I'm presuming Siggy, Gally, Hayden, Sammy, Hyam, Pears, are all not fit.