BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham City (h) - 29/11/23 - 7.45 pm

2 minutes ago, booth said:

It's nice having a player at the top of the goalscoring charts that makes the rest envious.

He looks like he could score in every game, let's hope he does.

Crazy how we lose goal scorers and accidentally find anther in our ranks. Who would have expected Super Sammie to step up? 

• Like 2

• Backroom

Really nice to see Sammie replacing Dack as our talisman. Think pretty much everyone likes him. Hard worker, vocal, never gives up, scores goals and spurs his team mates on. Great lad to have in the team, and what a bargain.

• Like 3

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

I think Blues are a poor side. They take far too many shots outside of the box for me. Part of me was wondering today if that comes from Rooney or if he just has a squad who thinks they can pull off the miracle every time 

They looked a far better team last season under their previous manager. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Tronstad was a fucking warrior tonight!

I really like him.
The introduction of him and Moran into midfield has been the main catalyst for our recent form.

He makes himself available in the deeper areas to keep the ball moving; you notice it more when he's not there.

Have to give credit to Moran - does a very similar job, but at the other end.
His assist tally is totting up nicely already.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Whilst he had a good game Mike, compared to his recent performances it was below par. Gave the ball away a couple of times. The standard he has set is high though. I gave him a 7/10 

Football is a funny old game. At 3-0 I put a video of me and the mrs opening up a bottle of Prosecco in our football chat. Full of “bluenoses”. I had to try and make a joke of it at 3-2 with my head in my hands…

We started both halves superbly. Unfortunately, in the 1st half we couldn’t make it count but well and truly made up for it. I think Blues are a poor side. They take far too many shots outside of the box for me. Part of me was wondering today if that comes from Rooney or if he just has a squad who thinks they can pull off the miracle every time 

Szmodics has been a revelation this season. What a player. The runs he makes frighten defenders. Let me tell you, when you have a player running like that for 90 mins, it’s your worst nightmare. You want to defend against a Jutkiewic (however it’s spelt). It’s easier. Sammie gives everybody a hard time and with the quality of Whartons passing it is really starting to show 

Moran and Leonard were good today too. Moran occasionally sloppy, but given we win you can forget 

I must be part of the few not overly enthused about Sigurdson. Again I look back at who I’d rather defend against. Give me a choice of him or Dolan and I’d take Sigurdson any day of the week. Dolan isn’t the best I have seen at this level but feel he offers more. I think Anor has a lot to prove in this team imo 

Carter and Hill superb again. Love them two. Especially Carter as he’s “one of our own”. Hill is every bit the premiership defender imo, and will have a successful career in the top divisions. Pickering solid again. Brittain is definitely a winger over a defender - once again he was sold through his legs. You notice these things when you’re playing to someone like that. A player who gets megged regularly is “diving in”. He’s a liability defensively, but his energy and his work rate as a winger shines through 

We move to within 2 pts of the play offs. Not bad with a “dud DOF”, “kids” on loan and freebies eh 

Maybe the footballing team down Ewood know a bit more than some are willing to let on 

I think Anor is more of a wide forward and lacks the defensive awareness to play in a side where he’s asked to defend. Put him on the side with a slow Pickering and it’s trouble. He’s also not in great shape, likely due to all the time out. With that said, if Dolan is out we don’t have any other option available 

Just now, Andy said:

I really like him.
The introduction of him and Moran into midfield has been the main catalyst for our recent form.

He makes himself available in the deeper areas to keep the ball moving; you notice it more when he's not there.

Have to give credit to Moran - does a very similar job, but at the other end.
His assist tally is totting up nicely already.

Yes, Tronstad has been a major part of our upturn in form since losing 4 on the bounce. He's a proper old-school schemer. Thought he gave the ball away tonight quite a few times though and was clearly frustrated with himself. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, neophox said:

Yes he's scored 13.... Adam former rovers player is second with 10 goals.

It’s crazy. Would you do a swap? It’d be a tough choice, but I think his attitude is great to have in the team, where as Armstrong was a bit of a moody bugger. Would be interesting to see how he’s play in this team though…

I was impressed last week with his goal, in the fact that he had a few glances across the box to see if there was a pass on, before he rounded the keeper. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yankfan said:

I think Anor is more of a wide forward and lacks the defensive awareness to play in a side where he’s asked to defend. Put him on the side with a slow Pickering and it’s trouble. He’s also not in great shape, likely due to all the time out. With that said, if Dolan is out we don’t have any other option available 

If he cant cope against Wednesday on saturday he will struggle this season. Hopefully he can have a good game there.

12 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Anybody else spot their No2 rugby hand off Siggy just before the fourth goal ? Did he get a card ?

Great result from a group of players absolutely down to the bare bones. When I saw the bench I feared the worst, I’d not seen most of them play for the first team. They must have had about 10 games between them. That’s why we fell away at 3/4 time, hardly any game changers to bring on. Your bench is crucial today and basically we haven’t really got one.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Anybody else spot their No2 rugby hand off Siggy just before the fourth goal ? Did he get a card ?

Great result from a group of players absolutely down to the bare bones. When I saw the bench I feared the worst, I’d not seen most of them play for the first team. They must have had about 10 games between them. That’s why we fell away at 3/4 time, hardly any game changers to bring on. Your bench is crucial today and basically we haven’t really got one.

True, but I'd have thought Garrett was somebody who would have been brought on to shore it up.

Leonard Chibueze Duru on bench...saw that name at Stoke to.

Seems ahead of Batty as fullback, also Tom Atcheson.. alot of u18s as subs. Tom is not even on Rovers web site. Either is Igor Tyjon.

No Gilsenan or Bloxham.

Edited by neophox