BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham City (h) - 29/11/23 - 7.45 pm

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

There's no proof that we wouldn't have had JDT without GB but if that statement is true he's better at unearthing managers than players.

Apart from the fact it was plastered across Rovers TV and LET that this was the case at the time of the appointment.

In terms of finding players, I don’t think he’s done worse than 50/50 personally, and I even think that is being harsh.

But that’s opinions eh?

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, SoldierMo said:

Another point…leonard is soo much stronger than gally and seems to have a bit of edge to him…maybe gally should take some lessons

Why would we want Gallagher to, Leonard is already a much much  better player than Gallagher ever will be, if he can become reasonably clinical in front of goal we'll have a nice little player on our hands.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

Broughton has signed Szmodics, Hyam, Moran, Hill, Tronstad as well as JDT... What is it exactly you want?

A decent, proper striker wouldn't go amiss......someone better than Hirst, Ennis and the German lad

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

AW is another that gets an absolute hammering on here so special mention for him tonight....his pass for SS's first goal was sublime, and his general play was very good. Some of the little round-the-corner passes and his awareness in general were PL level. 

He doesn't get an absolute hammering at all. He gets criticism for some wayward passing and oceans of praise for what he does well. We will miss him.

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

We played really well today, but I think our whole team should buy Ruddy a drink. He was horrendous on all four of the goals! Been a while since I've seen a GK performance that bad.

I think that's unfair - the Hill one he should have saved. The other three he was left out to dry by his defence. He also made an excellent save in the first half from Brittain's curling shot.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

A decent, proper striker wouldn't go amiss......someone better than Hirst, Ennis and the German lad

I keep thinking about this. Everyone wants a striker. We have no money to spend, our hands are tied. Most clubs sell their good players and reinvest, we let millions of pounds worth of talent leave on contracts written before GB arrived. He inherited a total mess. There's every chance GB is frustrated and could end up leaving himself. 

Hirst, if he scored that penalty against Cardiff, and got one in off his arse in any other game, might have been a different story. He's not scored many for Ipswich but the fans seem to like him, they're playing well and he gets assists.

I think Ennis was a relatively free hit, and I'm positive he thought we'd buy someone else further into the window. His appearance record and his injuries are worrying, but there is a player in there if our treatment room can do something, anything with him.

Telalovic is/was a gamble, a desperate move with no money available. He has the physique, has scored in the reserves, you never know...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Yeah i agree that would be good.... But the lack of success finding a striker for no money hardly makes him a dud? Anyone across football would look at the budget we spent and the performance of the players we have brought in and assess Broughton as having done very well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, onlyonejackwalker said:

I'd rather lose trying to win anyday.

We are better than many on here believe.

We are improving with every game we play in this manner.

I'm more confident this time round than I have been for years.

Well done to all concerned. Look how many we are scoring!!!

Its all dependent on JDT staying. I honestly can't see anyone else likely to get the same tune from this fiddle.

Enjoy while we can.

• Like 4

I'm a big fan of JDT I have to say.  Think he would be an excellent manager if he got backed int he transfer market.

My only worry about him is when we are behind.  The mentality of the team is a bit weak.  Whether that's down to him or having a team of kids.  I suspect its the latter.

For any hope of promotion its vital we hold onto him and Szmodics.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Yeah i agree that would be good.... But the lack of success finding a striker for no money hardly makes him a dud? Anyone across football would look at the budget we spent and the performance of the players we have brought in and assess Broughton as having done very well.

I liked the look of Dembele tonight. Big, strong, fast, skilful, we don't have a striker like him

• Like 3

Probably a game that showed both sides to our game, both the exciting sides and the vulnerabilities. We deserved the win though having played some excellent stuff at the start of the second half after a drab first half.

Some of the one touch passing and the way the attacking players link up can be a joy to watch. Our game management (as shown by the late goals we tend to concede) left us wide open at times and giving the ball away showing inexperience which made what should have been a comfortable 3 nil lead at home to a poor side a nervy finish.

Szmodics again was the star with 2 lovely finishes, Wharton I thought controlled the game next to the solid Tronstad. Sigurdsson coming on gave us much more balance although he is cowardly when a strong tackle comes in. Moran again was a bright spark and Leonard had a good outing after the unfortunate Dolan injury.

Tomasson is doing very well with such a threadbare and inexperienced squad. Some of the interplay is excellent and looks like the result of some clear instructions and direct from the training ground. But you look ahead to loads of games and no sign of returning faces, how can we possibly expect the same 11-13 players to keep being flogged. The bench is full of players that in no situation would they come on, we dont have the players to rotate so not only can we not really change the line up but its hard to even freshen up in game. Its such a shame that the owners have hacked away at what could have been a great chance with a manager who is really getting his ideas across but will find it so hard to sustain due to the lack of players.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, 47er said:

Its all dependent on JDT staying. I honestly can't see anyone else likely to get the same tune from this fiddle.

Enjoy while we can.

Nail on head post. 

It's such a shame if jdt leaves and back to square one. 

Let's see what this season brings first. No more injuries would be a blessing for a start. 

Like a poster referred to... Its unsustainable to expect the fit players to carry on getting 3 points. Especially over Christmas. Way to much to ask.