BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham City (h) - 29/11/23 - 7.45 pm

16 minutes ago, andyh said:

Interesting comment on full screen. I generally use safari on a Mac and have had the same problem. I switched to Firefox for Rovers games which gives me full screen. 

So you think it's my Safari causing the problem. Maybe. Thanks for that I'll look into it.

Enjoyed watching the full replay this morning (missed it last night while having ACL surgery yesterday, ack! Convalescence begins!)

(and full screen worked fine using Chrome on a Mac for me...)

The likes of Szmodics/Brittain/Moran/Dolan have really taken to JDT's insistence on one-touch passing. There have been some beautiful build ups!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, RoverCanada said:

Enjoyed watching the full replay this morning (missed it last night while having ACL surgery yesterday, ack! Convalescence begins!)

The likes of Szmodics/Brittain/Moran/Dolan have really taken to JDT's insistence on one-touch passing. There have been some beautiful build ups!

Straight leg raises, 100s of them and you'll be brand new !

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RoverCanada said:

Agreed on the one touch... Dolan particularly is guilty of taking too many touches but he was brilliant one touch linking up yesterday until his injury. 

I can't really see how Gallagher is going to fit into that way of playing when he comes back....

2 hours ago, aletheia said:

But then Mowbray would have played him at right back. 😉

JDT's happy to play a right back at centre back, left back, right back, right wing, left wing. Happy to play an attacking midfielder at striker or full back. Play a defensive midfielder a number 10. He'll basically play anyone anywhere except GK, centre back or centre mid. 

JDT is more into playing the players out of position than Mowbray ever was.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Agreed on the one touch... Dolan particularly is guilty of taking too many touches but he was brilliant one touch linking up yesterday until his injury. 

I can't really see how Gallagher is going to fit into that way of playing when he comes back....

Mainly by being 6'3" and faster than anyone else we have upfront. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Mainly by being 6'3" and faster than anyone else we have upfront. 

Say what you want about Gally - but he's the only one thats proven to be a Championship centre forward. He might not be the greatest, but he can be effective at this level.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

JDT's happy to play a right back at centre back, left back, right back, right wing, left wing. Happy to play an attacking midfielder at striker or full back. Play a defensive midfielder a number 10. He'll basically play anyone anywhere except GK, centre back or centre mid. 

It tends to be for a reason other than just shoehorning them in to keep them happy though.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Agreed - but also, it feels like JDT has let them know in advance it might happen.

41 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

He's got a squad more threadbare than Mowbray's ever was. Positional changes are sometimes necessitated by not having many options.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

It's called total football as in J Cruyff and his mates style.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bazza said:

It's called total football as in J Cruyff and his mates style.

Hungary were playing early style total football as far back as the early 1950s, including what is now termed a False 9.

There's not a lot new in football and Pep, contrary to rumour, didn't invent the round ball.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

How JDT is getting these results from this group is a miracle, sadly not to be rewarded by the club.  Enjoy while you can.

I couldn’t agree more. I shudder to think what the previous manager would have done in this situation. I can’t believe we’re still winning games with the depleted squad.

• Like 2

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Birmingham City (h) - 29/11/23 - 7.45 pm

Was finally able to watch the replay via Roverstv, what a cluster.  Anyway I watched the replay after my 24 hour self impose techno quarantine, giving me the illusion it is a live game cos I hid from the outcome.

I really enjoyed the game for the most part.  Is young Dolan getting unjust pelters on here?  Looked to me like we really lost our edge right when Dolan was off.  Or was that because Travis came ON, interesting he was out for the 2nd half.  Was he hurt?  Anyway coasting at 3-0 our beloved Rovers knocked more off my life expectancy, again, by making a game out of it and but for Leo's heroics it could have.been different.  Don't want to dwellon the negatives cos we won 4-2.and.made.it comfy in the end.  Good entertainment though I thought.. How is JDT pulling this off?  Funny I thought the 2nd string looked good in the Carabao. Maybe they are.  I think if we can get some oroper suoport for the team from the top the rest will be taken care off.

If we have any desire to reach the prem, and dare I say.make a dent there, we hold on to JDT and open the check book as much as is within FFP.  I think this current boss can get it done and we need him doing it with us BEFORE he buggars off.

On 30/11/2023 at 02:58, Sweaty Gussets said:

It was only last week that Leonard was written off as 'not Championship-level'.

Not sure by who.  Liked this kid since first time I saw him.  He just seems to be always almost, not quite, and nearly.  I hope he starts to notch regular.  From the off he has looked to have more promise than the likes of Hirst, Telalovic and Vales of the world.  Needs a few, Hat trick Saturday be nice.

• Like 1