BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham City (h) - 29/11/23 - 7.45 pm

Brum up next at Ewood. I really hope we can push on from our excellent win at Stoke City and get three points against Rooney's Birmingham. 

Let's hope no more bodies end up on the treatment table before K.Off and we get back to giving our home support something to cheer about. 

COYB. 

• Like 2

Brum struggled against Sheffield Wednesday first half with the Owls repeatedly catching them in possession with a good press but found some form to prevail 2-1 second half and give Rooney his first win. Bacuna can really strike the ball well for Brum and scored a stunning volley from a defended corner. Under Eustace, this was a fixture I looked at a few weeks ago and thought we'd have to play really well to win given how well the bluenoses played at Ewood last season.

But now..

Let's make sure of the 3 points but I am getting greedy and looking at this and the Sheffield Wednesday game which follows on Saturday as opportunities to close that goal difference gap.

Rovers style of play should open up both these opponents. The chances will undoubtedly be made- I would give Leonard the start over Dolan as he is more likely to be in place to snap them up. Yesterday shortly before our second, Moran sent a peach of a pass across the box for a tap in but Dolan wasn't there even to pressurise the full back outside the back post let alone get in front of him.- Dolan is playing much better now but he is no poacher.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I really hope so. My worry is it’s becoming apparent that our style of play is more suited to a counter attacking game than dominating play. That makes scoring first more vital than ever.

We've dominated quite a few games at Ewood and failed to take our chances. It's not the tactics that have let us down but our inability to choose the right pass in good positions and/or stick the ball in the net. Swansea are the only team IMO who have deserved to win at Ewood and even then we had two great chances in the first 10 minutes which we didn't take. (I even thought we matched Leicester until we fell apart late on chasing the game). As Stoke's manager said in the build up to yesterday's match, we are well-coached team who haven't had our just desserts from our matches so far this season. He's watched '8 or 9' games of our games. 

We are a good counter-attacking team, but we're also capable of dominating possession and creating chances. JDT mixes it up dependant on the quality/tactics of the opposition. We dominated possession at Norwich and battered them until SW was wrongly sent off. At Watford we sat very deep and hit them on the break. 

At Ewood we also change tactics depending on how the other team plays. I'm hoping we swarm all over B'ham tomorrow and do the same to Sheff Wed. If we take our chances we'll win. but as always in this league the first goal will dictate how the match goes. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

We've dominated quite a few games at Ewood and failed to take our chances. It's not the tactics that have let us down but our inability to choose the right pass in good positions and/or stick the ball in the net. Swansea are the only team IMO who have deserved to win at Ewood and even then we had two great chances in the first 10 minutes which we didn't take. (I even thought we matched Leicester until we fell apart late on chasing the game). As Stoke's manager said in the build up to yesterday's match, we are well-coached team who haven't had our just desserts from our matches so far this season. He's watched '8 or 9' games of our games. 

We are a good counter-attacking team, but we're also capable of dominating possession and creating chances. JDT mixes it up dependant on the quality/tactics of the opposition. We dominated possession at Norwich and battered them until SW was wrongly sent off. At Watford we sat very deep and hit them on the break. 

At Ewood we also change tactics depending on how the other team plays. I'm hoping we swarm all over B'ham tomorrow and do the same to Sheff Wed. If we take our chances we'll win. but as always in this league the first goal will dictate how the match goes. 

?

Absolutely nothing to fear here.

Think Brum have gone backwards since Eustace left.

Rovers in a canter by 3 or 4 goals to 1 followed by 3 points over the Owls on Saturday.  Will set us up nicely for a 'charge'.

• Like 4

Standard Merce. If we’ve lost the previous game the sky has fallen in and we’ll also get well beat in the next.

On the flip side, win the previous and we’ll also be thrashing whichever unlucky bunch get in our way next.

Been his pattern since day 1 on here 😀

• Like 2

Let's be objective - we have won eight and lost eight of seventeen matches, so God knows what's going to happen, (other than it probably not being a draw).

We generally do well in this type of low key game, but Swansea was a notable exception, when we were awful.

Let's hope we pretend it's an away game.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Let's be objective - we have won eight and lost eight of seventeen matches, so God knows what's going to happen, (other than it probably not being a draw).

We generally do well in this type of low key game, but Swansea was a notable exception, when we were awful.

Let's hope we pretend it's an away game.

Perhaps they should shut the Blackburn end, to pretend we are away.

• Like 3

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Big Club (h) - 29/11/23 - 7.45 pm
  • Herbie6590 pinned this topic

At home we simply need some presence up top, inevitably it'll be Gallagher when he's fit but until then I'd give Telalovic a run out first half at least. The opposition centre halves need something to worry about, doesn't necessarily need to be someone prolific to be honest but Dolan/Leonard don't really cut it as lone strikers.

On paper we should be winning this one easily but they might be buoyed by a win at weekend.

2 nil home win.

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

Well at least we wouldn’t have to listen to them chanting  on and on about another club, rather than their own team.

This is beginning to do annoy me at Rovers. Not been to Ewood in a while, but at Norwich and then at Stoke yesterday, despite our brilliant performances on the pitch, our most popular song was that '[Kompany] playing football the Burnley way...' chant, and all you could hear stood outside the bet65 beforehand was some anti-Burnley stuff. I'm here to support our boys, ffs.

Edited by GHR
Sp.
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, GHR said:

This is beginning to do annoy me at Rovers. Not been to Ewood in a while, but at Norwich and then at Stoke yesterday, despite our brilliant performances on the pitch, our most popular song was that '[Kompany] playing football the Burnley way...' chant, and all you could hear stood outside the bet65 beforehand was some anti-Burnley stuff. I'm here to support our boys, ffs.

Did you try starting chants that you like ?

They're not a good side at all and Rooney is far from the tactical magician.

If we have any genuine ambitions of the top 6 this season, games like these are absolute must-wins.

Get us settled with an early goal and it should be a comfortable evening.
4-0 Rovers.