BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham City (h) - 29/11/23 - 7.45 pm

1 hour ago, Andy said:

They're not a good side at all and Rooney is far from the tactical magician.

If we have any genuine ambitions of the top 6 this season, games like these are absolute must-wins.

Get us settled with an early goal and it should be a comfortable evening.
4-0 Rovers.

Don't like this optimism! Aways feels worse when it goes wrong. And it usually does!

I suspect we'll end up with as many victories as defeats which is roughly the situation now. 

• Like 2

Big game for Rovers against big club because winning away and losing at home which we are at present is pointless - literally. Rovers need to address the poor home form urgently and Wednesday against a poor Birmingham team is a good place to start. Anything other than a comfortable win would be unacceptable and Tomasson needs to get his selection and tactics right

Rovers 2 Birmingham 0

Approach the game in the right way and we should win. I've watched Rovers for too many years to be certain of anything though.!

7 games coming up in December as well , so I would imagine JDT will have to think hard about rotating the squad over the coming weeks ( as much as the squad allows anyway)

Hopefully have Hyam, Gallagher and Pears back in the next couple of weeks to strengthen the squad.

Team for Wednesday assuming Wharton is out

Leo

Brittain.        Hill.          Carter.         Pickering

Tronstad.         Wharton

Moran.          .  Szmodics.         Siggy

Dolan

9 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Approach the game in the right way and we should win. I've watched Rovers for too many years to be certain of anything though.!

7 games coming up in December as well , so I would imagine JDT will have to think hard about rotating the squad over the coming weeks ( as much as the squad allows anyway)

Hopefully have Hyam, Gallagher and Pears back in the next couple of weeks to strengthen the squad.

Team for Wednesday assuming Wharton is out

Leo

Brittain.        Hill.          Carter.         Pickering

Tronstad.         Wharton

Moran.          .  Szmodics.         Siggy

Dolan

Tomasson said in his press conference last week that none of the absentees are close. Unfortunately the thin current group might need to be flogged for a fair few weeks.

41 minutes ago, GHR said:

Aye, don't mind them but ain't my scene. Just wish they'd sing fucking songs about the Rovers.

So you moan about songs sung at Ewood whilst not going and then  about songs sung not at Ewood but won't start any. 

Weird .

Edited by ABBEY
  • Like 2

I won’t hear any slagging off of the Blackburn Enders. The encyclopaedic knowledge contained in there of every footballer that has even driven past Burnley on the M65 in order to have a good boo and a rousing chorus related to sibling shagging is phenomenal 👏 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I won’t hear any slagging off of the Blackburn Enders. The encyclopaedic knowledge contained in there of every footballer that has even driven past Burnley on the M65 in order to have a good boo and a rousing chorus related to sibling shagging is phenomenal 👏 

The moment Lukas Jutkiewicz takes the first steps of his touchline warm up this Wednesday night....

Hope to be proved wrong but I can't see Carter being fit for this and the Rovers comms on Saturday thought S Wharton would need to sit out 7 days if concussed.

Whalstedt

Travis Hill Pickering Brittain

Tronstad Wharton

Moran Szmodics Dolan

Leonard

Through form and injuries the team picks itself for me.

6 hours ago, onlyonejackwalker said:

The team and players are improving. The longer we play in this manner the better we get. I'm much more confident this year than last.

Both teams coming off important victories, but I expect us to win by the odd goal.

The next two games provide low hanging fruit, ie low key, low pressure games. These are the games we generally do well in.

The real test comes when we play someone above us in the league.

We still haven’t broken through in terms of winning pressure games.

Edited by martonrover

1 hour ago, JamieUK said:

Hope to be proved wrong but I can't see Carter being fit for this and the Rovers comms on Saturday thought S Wharton would need to sit out 7 days if concussed.

Why would Carter not be fit? Didn't he just play the full match against Stoke? Not sure if I've missed something there.

If Wharton got concussion, yes he has to sit out for a certain period of time. I'm not clear on how long, although the FA's guidelines say the first stage of recovery is 14 days unless in enhanced care settings (which we probably have). Then there are 4 more stages before returning to play, although I imagine something like 7 days is probably the total process with modern professional clubs of our resources.

But I've not read anything that says he actually got concussed, just that he collided heads and needed bandaging. He walked off the pitch and didn't go to hospital, so it doesn't really sound like he got concussed, and JDT never used the word. I expect he might miss Brum as a precaution if he's still sore, then be back for Sheff W.

45 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Why would Carter not be fit? Didn't he just play the full match against Stoke? Not sure if I've missed something there.

If Wharton got concussion, yes he has to sit out for a certain period of time. I'm not clear on how long, although the FA's guidelines say the first stage of recovery is 14 days unless in enhanced care settings (which we probably have). Then there are 4 more stages before returning to play, although I imagine something like 7 days is probably the total process with modern professional clubs of our resources.

But I've not read anything that says he actually got concussed, just that he collided heads and needed bandaging. He walked off the pitch and didn't go to hospital, so it doesn't really sound like he got concussed, and JDT never used the word. I expect he might miss Brum as a precaution if he's still sore, then be back for Sheff W.

Carter took quite a heavy knock and had treatment and when he came back on his movement wasn't too good. It looked to be a soft tissue injury like a dead leg. I noticed that Stoke only made five substitutions on Saturday. If Travis was a concussion substitute for Wharton then us and Stoke would have been afforded an extra change so hopefully Scott doesn't have to go through the concussion protocols.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Wahlstedt 

Brittain Hill Carter Pickering

Tronstad Wharton

Sigurdsson Szmodics Moran 

Leonard

I would be surprised not to see Travis start and Brittain as a winger to be honest though.

Same here - I think Brittain will play midfield. I would be suprised if we made any unforced changes to the team tbh.

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

Carter took quite a heavy knock and had treatment and when he came back on his movement wasn't too good. It looked to be a soft tissue injury like a dead leg. I noticed that Stoke only made five substitutions on Saturday. If Travis was a concussion substitute for Wharton then us and Stoke would have been afforded an extra change so hopefully Scott doesn't have to go through the concussion protocols.

Thanks, I didn't get to see the game, ironically because I was working a gig 6 miles away from the stadium! So I wasn't aware that happened. He stayed on though, had we already made our 5 subs when this happened?

Interesting, I knew we got one, but I didn't know the other team got an extra sub too if we used a concussion sub. I suppose he could still be concussed, and because we weren't sure if he was at the time, we didn't use the concussion sub, to avoid having to follow the full concussion protocol if it turned out he wasn't. Which I assume you still need to do even if on later inspection there are no signs of concussion, since it bought you an extra sub. Now, if it turns out we do think it was concussion, I don't know if the protocols are enforced but we would probably be careful with him anyway and maybe follow them out of a sense of duty to the player's safety.

2 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Same here - I think Brittain will play midfield. I would be suprised if we made any unforced changes to the team tbh.

We could do to rotate occasionally though, think not doing could be why we pick up so many injuries. It's a thin squad, so options are limited, but I feel like Garrett has done enough this season to warrant some starts. Great exploits in the cup, uncompromising tackler, lovely assist for the third on Saturday and what I like to call a semi-assist for the second. Causes problems for opposition at both ends. I know he may need to work on his decision-making at times, but that's what senior games can do.

I see he came on for Dolan, where did he play?