BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FA Cup - 2023/24

I suspect that Monday night is a very real possibility. There are currently no major games scheduled for Monday night and there is a full midweek PL fixture list, hence why no PL club cup game has been scheduled for Monday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Confirmed moved to Monday night. That will chalk off a few thousand on the attendance. What a wonderful decision by all…

I don't think the club have an option if chosen?

We won't be coming over for  it on a monday unfortunately

16 minutes ago, levi said:

I don't think the club have an option if chosen?

We won't be coming over for  it on a monday unfortunately

They can’t have.

Rubbish, was really up for this one. Really knackers things up a Monday night, 

Really disappointed this has been moved to the Monday night. Will rovers see any of the TV money for this or not?

You've got to think this will have a big impact on the attendance which is a shame as I was looking forward to this one. 

Hopefully SW doesn't go silly on the ticket pricing.

13 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Really disappointed this has been moved to the Monday night. Will rovers see any of the TV money for this or not?

You've got to think this will have a big impact on the attendance which is a shame as I was looking forward to this one. 

Hopefully SW doesn't go silly on the ticket pricing.

BBC Wales £110,000 TV money

• Like 1

The draw for the 5th round will maybe before kick off then, that’s what has been happening up to now so given the Hollywood connection I presume the BBC will be all over it for having the draw live on TV.

Of course the reality is that the draw will take place after the last game on Sunday as Manure are in that game. 

52 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Windfall for Wrexham. 

My prediction, Wrexham will be in the Premier League before Rovers. 

God help us if that comes to fruition. It is of course very possible 😔

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

I think what we need is a good run in the league

Just that I can't see see us getting many points in league. Drawn against the right teams in Cup and we can get that winning feeling back.

3 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Just that I can't see see us getting many points in league. Drawn against the right teams in Cup and we can get that winning feeling back.

That is why we need a good run in the league.

The ridiculous scheduling of the Wrexham match really takes the edge of a draw which excited many of us. 7.30 pm on a Monday night will almost certainly mean a much smaller crowd than we could have expected. And if we get through the fifth round is once again scheduled for mid-week. There is already a heap of criticism over the times and days of some fourth round matches as once again the TV companies and football authorities show scant disregard for the fans.

Hopefully the new Football Regulator (whenever he is appointed and if he/she isn't a yes man/woman) considers the most important people in the game - the fans.

Anybody explain why extra games get moved for the Welsh version of the BBC? Why doesn’t BBC London get to put on extra games?

Weeknight in January, not part of a season ticket obviously and on TV, I would imagine one of our lowest ever FA Cup turnouts.

33 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The ridiculous scheduling of the Wrexham match really takes the edge of a draw which excited many of us. 7.30 pm on a Monday night will almost certainly mean a much smaller crowd than we could have expected. And if we get through the fifth round is once again scheduled for mid-week. There is already a heap of criticism over the times and days of some fourth round matches as once again the TV companies and football authorities show scant disregard for the fans.

Hopefully the new Football Regulator (whenever he is appointed and if he/she isn't a yes man/woman) considers the most important people in the game - the fans.

I'm going to have a wild stab in the dark here and say they will just be another yes man that shits all over anything and anyone they have to in the name of lining their own pockets.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Anybody explain why extra games get moved for the Welsh version of the BBC? Why doesn’t BBC London get to put on extra games?

Weeknight in January, not part of a season ticket obviously and on TV, I would imagine one of our lowest ever FA Cup turnouts.

On that same note why are teams from Wales allowed to play in the FA Cup and the EFL. Can English teams play in the Welsh Cup and get a European place through the back door? 

• Like 1