BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FA Cup - 2023/24

Presumably they’ll do what they did for Forest when they weirdly decided to open it for that tie last season, I.e realise they’ve sold about 9 tickets in there and then announce they are closing it again - and just like Forest it will lead to a load of ‘shit fans us’ posts across social media.

They honestly don’t have a clue.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

On sale, £15.

Christ knows what they’d have been at a Saturday 3pm.

Oh and they’ve opened the Riverside?🤷‍♂️ Please don’t tell me they are expecting a big gate for a Monday night TV game in January against a fourth division outfit because it’s Ryan Reynolds’ crew.

25 minutes ago, Ben-2000 said:

Expected the price increase, £15 isn't horrendous though.

Bizarre that they've opened the Riverside, it's going to be sparse that's for sure.

A cynic would suggest they’ve opened the Riverside as it increases how many tickets we must give to Wrexham 🤔

(assuming ‘for which tickets are issued’ means what I think it means)

IMG_1460.thumb.jpeg.67376cc6d982886128bf35adc4ccdc79.jpeg

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

A cynic would suggest they’ve opened the Riverside as it increases how many tickets we must give to Wrexham 🤔

(assuming ‘for which tickets are issued’ means what I think it means)

IMG_1460.thumb.jpeg.67376cc6d982886128bf35adc4ccdc79.jpeg

I can't see them opening the Riverside and incurring those dreaded running costs just to justify giving Wrexham the entire DE. Why bother? Just give them the entire DE anyway.

• Like 2

Just now, bluebruce said:

I can't see them opening the Riverside and incurring those dreaded running costs just to justify giving Wrexham the entire DE. Why bother? Just give them the entire DE anyway.

Purely to say they had to do it.

I’m certain your logic is far better than mine though! 😀😁

11 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Give em the Riverside aswell Waggot, you'd love to, you arsehole

Edited by Sparks Rover

He still doesn't get it. I think he thinks that because it's Wrexham there's going to be a groundswell of interest in this fixture.

In truth a cup game against a 4th division club on a Monday night which most people can watch on TV or online is likely to be not much if any better attended than previous cup matches such as Cambridge or Walsall earlier this season, particularly with the price being higher.

5 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Purely to say they had to do it.

I’m certain your logic is far better than mine though! 😀😁

I just don't think they care enough about what people might think of them for that 

• Like 1

They can give 7,000 whether the Riverside is open or not as long as it's at least 15% of stadium capacity.

Some really bizarre decisions this season thats for sure. From closing the BBE earlier in the season to having all the usual areas open for a tie against League 2 opposition. Could understand it if it was a big PL club.

• Like 1

There is seemingly nobody down there that can gauge what a crowd could be for Rovers matches for each type of fixture. Who has the remotest feel for the fanbase down there these days?

Though no surprise with Swag and a 23 year old from Bournemouth as ‘Head of Consumer’ who obviously doesn’t have the remotest clue about his consumers.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ben-2000 said:

They can give 7,000 whether the Riverside is open or not as long as it's at least 15% of stadium capacity.

Some really bizarre decisions this season thats for sure. From closing the BBE earlier in the season to having all the usual areas open for a tie against League 2 opposition. Could understand it if it was a big PL club.

That’s what I thought until I read the exact wording of the regulation I posted.

The most likely scenario is I’m misinterpreting it!!

8 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

On sale, £15.

Christ knows what they’d have been at a Saturday 3pm.

Oh and they’ve opened the Riverside?🤷‍♂️ Please don’t tell me they are expecting a big gate for a Monday night TV game in January against a fourth division outfit because it’s Ryan Reynolds’ crew.

They were £20 they'd already advertised it before it was changed.

21 hours ago, ABBEY said:

lesson to learn...dont gob off about bringing 7000 and then use excuses when it aint going to happen. it bites you on the sheeps arse .

This is borderline illiterate. You have my deepest sympathies at the challenges life has thrown at you. 

I've got absolutely no interest in your quest to have an argument online with someone, there must be others in your playground you can play hard man with.

Bye

• Like 1