BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

"Fortress Ewood"

• Backroom

In terms of coming from behind to salvage a game, this is an issue we've had for many years now, stretching back, at least, to when we got promoted from League 1. It seems to be a mentality issue, but a lot of players have come and gone in that time and we've had a new manager for nearly a year and a half now and it's still a problem. It seems to be a deep-rooted issue within the club.

As far as our home record is concerned, certainly not good enough lately. I'm sure it'll be something that is bothering JDT, too, as he has repeatedly stressed the importance of strong home form. The way we play seems to lend itself to counter attacking, which we perhaps aren't able to execute as often at home. 

It's crazy really because teams have to work hard to beat us but we are too easy to score against and piss weak at turning games or rescuing them.

For all the good stuff JDT has done we are still a powder puff team and it must be a while since Ewood form was so bad which isn't a good look for him. Mind you at most normal clubs the DoF would take those stats to the CEO or chairman and say we really need help. The CEO or Chairman would then present it to the owners and say look we are going to struggle here if we don't do something. 

Not here, don't rock the boat and just collect your wages.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, only2garners said:

Start playing poorer teams? As of now we have 13 home games left and 10 are against teams below us and one of those other 3 is only above on goal difference.

So we haven't gone behind to any poor teams in the last 18 months where we have only collected 1 point from losing positions?

This season is sapping the enjoyment out of me as a season ticket holder.

As well as losing most games the football on offer has been largely turgid where we have no attacking threat and concede soft goals. Passing the football nicely from goalkeeper to the opposite corner flag and back again isn’t something I find entertaining.

For fans who go to away games they probably have a better view of JDT but I don’t get the hype.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, only2garners said:

Start playing poorer teams? As of now we have 13 home games left and 10 are against teams below us and one of those other 3 is only above on goal difference.

Quite a few of those 'poorer' teams will be above us before , we play against them..

Edited by Waggy76
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, roverblue said:

As well as losing most games the football on offer has been largely turgid where we have no attacking threat and concede soft goals. Passing the football nicely from goalkeeper to the opposite corner flag and back again isn’t something I find entertaining.

For fans who go to away games they probably have a better view of JDT but I don’t get the hype.

Which is why I think the current circumstances lend themselves more to a wily, experienced manager, rather than our current set up.

This is just an ongoing vanity project.

That said, I certainly don't blame JDT, and the next Head Coach /Manager is likely to be a downgrade.

4 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Quite a few of those 'poorer' teams will be above us before , we play against them..

why? we weren't outclassed by Leicester or Leeds and created more chances than them in those games but their overall squad quality is better than we have as a team currently. 

10 minutes ago, roverblue said:

so you don't enjoy our clear style of play and signing players that fit those tactics? 

I remember when people on here were complaining about Mowbray not having a deffo clear style of play and tactics. we deffo do now

54 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

What ‘hype’? I’m only interested in facts.

He’s had us consistently at the top end of the league with one hand tied behind his back throughout his tenure - that bench is embarrassing for this level of football.

Last season it was one hand, January it was both. This year he's been completely hogtied.

• Like 2

We simply need more of a presence leading the line at home. We can get away with the lack of one away for the most part.

I'm willing to bet our home form improves when Gallagher is back, how far off is he does anyone know?

At the moment opposition centre halves have very little to concern them, now whilst Gallagher probably isn't as rough and tumble as we'd like he does make them earn their wages. Our record with and without him speaks volumes.

Still at a loss as to why Telalovic can't try and fill that gap but I've given up on him for now, something clearly amiss.

• Like 2

Playing a full back at home as one of your attacking front 3 whilst you have two strikers and an Iceland international winger on the bench is just stupid.

We then play a centre half at right back because the right back is playing up front?!?

Just play a proper team and give the opposition defence something to think about. We signed two strikers in the summer so give them some game time and chance to get match fit.

• Like 2

Yeah, amazed at the clamour for Telalovic you see at times on here and social media. Can only think those people weren't at the Cardiff cup game when the game, despite being a really good attacking performance from us, passed him by and went on around him. 

And even if JDT, on the off chance, does think there's something there then it'll take a long time working with him to get him up to speed with his demands and what he wants, having come from such a low level.

51 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

If the manager thinks a desperation signing from the German fourth division he was handed on deadline day isn’t up to it then he won’t play him, and that’s fair enough.

He was actually signed from the Bundesliga, but anyway the manager should play him if he is better than the other options

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

He’s been playing in the German fourth division for a fourth division team (Munchengladbach reserves).

He obviously doesn’t think he’s a better option as even in these desperate times for strikers, he still doesn’t get a kick.

You could say the same about Ash Phillips, or last season Adam Wharton. The fact is we are playing non strikers at the moment, I personally would give Telalovic a chance (remember Simon Garner). 

Don’t get the comparison?

Wharton played plenty last season at only 18 as the manager obviously thought he was up to it. Phillips was even younger at 17, still had a few starts, but unfortunately for him he was behind a load of decent to very good Championship centre halves.

We have nothing up front and this lad at 24 still doesn’t get a kick. 

Edited by Mattyblue

5 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

So we haven't gone behind to any poor teams in the last 18 months where we have only collected 1 point from losing positions?

My post was meant to be largely tongue in cheek. Obviously the table will change plenty as the season progresses.

But it is a theme this season that we have mostly beaten lower placed teams and struggled against the teams above us. This is in reverse to what we often used to do in previous seasons - perform well against the top teams only to lose to the bottom ones.

Our home form is in direct contrast to our away form and again is the other way round from recently. Only Millwall have lost the 6 home games that we have but only the top two have won more away games than us.

• Like 1