BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham Utd (h) - 1/1/24

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Any manager who loses five in a row should be immediately sacked? Seems an extremely knee jerk way to look at things? No context at all about league position, previous results, opposition, injuries etc? 

Sometimes knee-jerk is the right decision.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Shame we had to sack that Kenny in April 1992, wasn’t it.

I get your general point and I don't think JDT should be sacked (yet) but you're surely not comparing him and Dalglish after he lost a similar number of games?

JDT hasn't proved anything in English football.

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I get your general point and I don't think JDT should be sacked (yet) but you're surely not comparing him and Dalglish after he lost a similar number of games?

JDT hasn't proved anything in English football.

No, why on earth would I compare those two as career managers.

I’m responding to both Matt and rigger that state all managers should be dismissed on the spot for losing five games. 

Stupid thing to do before looking at the big picture, I.e job done overall, league position, injuries, opposition, games coming up etc etc.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

Just now, Mattyblue said:

No, I’m responding to both Matt and rigger that state all managers should be dismissed on the spot for losing five games. 

Stupid thing to do regardless of context.

Hypothtical question (hopefully)

Would you change him if it looked probable we were going to drop into the bottom 3?

With Gallagher, Hedges, Dolan, JRC and others in the team then I don’t think we lose all the games we have done recently. Every club has injuries but this season, ours have been to experienced players who we badly miss (regardless of how inconsistent some of them may be!!!). Up until December we had continued to pull results out of the bag even when we were seriously depleted (the string of away wins leap to mind) but things have now caught up with us. Is this JDT’s fault? No. I think we can say goodbye to the play offs (not that we often said hello to them!!!) and just hope that (as key players return) we can win the requisite number of points to have a comfortable second half of the season. Beating Rotherham would be a good start but it isn’t the end of the world if we don’t. In possession we play some of the best football in the division…it is enjoyable to watch. Conversely it’s bloody frustrating that we don’t capitalise on dominant spells and put teams to bed (as seen in various home games this season). That’s the area of improvement I want to see going into 2024. Until we are actually slipping into the bottom three I’m keeping faith with JDT. 

16 minutes ago, The Mighty Chaffinch said:

With Gallagher, Hedges, Dolan, JRC and others in the team then I don’t think we lose all the games we have done recently. Every club has injuries but this season, ours have been to experienced players who we badly miss (regardless of how inconsistent some of them may be!!!). Up until December we had continued to pull results out of the bag even when we were seriously depleted (the string of away wins leap to mind) but things have now caught up with us. Is this JDT’s fault? No. I think we can say goodbye to the play offs (not that we often said hello to them!!!) and just hope that (as key players return) we can win the requisite number of points to have a comfortable second half of the season. Beating Rotherham would be a good start but it isn’t the end of the world if we don’t. In possession we play some of the best football in the division…it is enjoyable to watch. Conversely it’s bloody frustrating that we don’t capitalise on dominant spells and put teams to bed (as seen in various home games this season). That’s the area of improvement I want to see going into 2024. Until we are actually slipping into the bottom three I’m keeping faith with JDT. 

The problem is, if we wait till we are in the bottom three, it might be too late to save ourselves.

Quite simply this is a must win game, firstly to stop the rot and secondly to stave off any concerns creeping in that we might end the season in a relegation battle.

I think Rovers will manage a win in this one...just. Going for a 2-1 win. 2 nil up and as usual we'll let in a super soft goal to give Rotherham a sniff. Backs against the wall for the last 15 mins. It's the Rovers way.

Eff it, Telalovic to get a brace 😂.

JDT is bulletproof to me. I’ve seen what he can do and what he’s about. He is an excellent manager , open and honest with the fans as much we can expect him to be and a likeable bloke. I know he would do an excellent job anywhere with the right backing so even if we got relegated and didn’t win another match I wouldn’t sack him because of the squad we have and the orders he’s been forced to play under 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

JDT is bulletproof to me. I’ve seen what he can do and what he’s about. He is an excellent manager , open and honest with the fans as much we can expect him to be and a likeable bloke. I know he would do an excellent job anywhere with the right backing so even if we got relegated and didn’t win another match I wouldn’t sack him because of the squad we have and the orders he’s been forced to play under 

I love the bloke, I think he’ll turn it round as he’s a bloody good manager in my opinion.

But eventually everyone runs out of road, and if we didn’t win a single game after November and collapsed to that extent of course he should go.

I think they would turn, the crowd always turns after horrendous runs, unless your Teflon Tony, of course.

I don’t think they should, by the way, after a good season last time and a decent one this term until a month ago, but he’s never been particularly popular at Ewood, so you go say 2-0 down to Rotherham and he’ll cop it big time.