BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham Utd (h) - 1/1/24

If we can't beat Rotterdam at home, we really need to just pack this season in and start again in August.

Wahlstedt

Hill Hyam Carter Pickering

Tronstad Wharton

Brittain Szmodics Sigurdsson 

Telalovic 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Andy said:

If we can't beat Rotterdam at home, we really need to just pack this season in and start again in August.

Wahlstedt

Tronstad Wharton

Telalovic 

What about Rotherham? 😁

(and isn’t Hyam suspended?)

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Andy said:

Wahlstedt

Tronstad Wharton

Telalovic 

If we can't beat Rotherham at home the next season will be in L1. Having Brittain as a wide forward never works. 

• J*B pinned this topic

My team:

Wahlstedt

Hill, Carter, Wharton, Pickering/Brittain

Tronstad

Moran, Wharton, Siggi

Szmodics, Telalovic 

I'm a bit unsure here. Brittain is more physical than Pickering maybe that would work better against Rotherham.

Edited by neophox

6 minutes ago, neophox said:

My team:

Wahlstedt

Hill, Carter, Wharton, Pickering/Brittain

Tronstad

Moran, Wharton, Siggi

Szmodics, Telalovic 

I'm a bit unsure here. Brittain is more physical than Pickering maybe that would work better against Rotherham.

Scott Wharton is out injured 

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Rotherham Utd (h) - 1/1/24

For the first and most likely only time we’ll be in the posh seats for this one so let’s hope Rovers don’t take the taste away from all those lovely prawn sandwiches.

This dreadful losing streak has to end or I really think Tomasson will be considering his position

Rovers 2 Millers 1 

• Like 1

Wahlstedt (reluctantly)

Travis    Hill    Carter   Pickering

Tronstad      Wharton

Garrett        Szmodics      Sigurdsson

Telalovic 

Interesting that a lot are going for Semir in their starting line up - that said, I think he deserves it after the other night.

Please Rovers, get back to winning ways, I'll be there but hanging out of my arse after DJing on NYE. I'm a grumpy bastard at the best of times & I've got to go to my Mum's afterwards, cheer me up lads!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Rotherham's last away win was on the 8th November 2022.

Will either be -

Rovers 0 Rotherham 2

Or, the two worst defences in the league will somehow play out a 0-0 draw.

Option 2 is not happening. We are not currently capable of not conceding at least 1 goal over 90 minutes.

Our best hope a score draw.

Needless to say I hope to be proven wrong.

When moggadon was in charge I said any manger of rovers who loses 5 consecutive games, particularly with a general pattern of iffy results over an extended period they should be removed from duties forthwith. So lose at home to the bottom of the league to make it 5 in a row and 7 defeats from 8 then my opinion is the same now as it was then. Especially in light of the manner of them and the 15th defeat of the season with only five teams having a worse goal difference than us and only Rotherham ironically conceding more (for now).

If we lose will he be sacked. Of course he won’t be, not the remotest possibility of that. We’re a zombie club barely able to function even at the best of times. For what it’s worth I like jdt, I like him calling out the hierarchy, I like his ambition and he definitely has a justified claim in blaming his superiors for his predicament and them shafting him.

However, when you can’t organise a defence and you are too stubborn to deviate from a failing ideology you can’t expect to be a successful manager. Having to score three to draw a match doesn’t get you anywhere fast. Not being able to draw matches gets you nowhere fast either. Sometimes football has to be boring, pragmatic, you have to graft, do the nonsense, run, work. We don’t seem to fancy doing that.

It should in theory be the biggest game of jdt’s managerial career to date if he wants to avoid a big black mark on his cv but like all the others before him in classic Blackburn rovers fashion it’ll be a mere shrug of the shoulders and on to the next game.

• Like 6

I want to see Telalovic play, but after that mainly interested in setting up in a more robust way . How exactly we do that I think we probably go to 4312 and don't commit too many players forward. Primary focus is winning the midfield battle.

Its sad we are reduced to doing this against Rotherham at home but we need to stop conceding early stupid goals as as soon as we go behind irrespective who we play we are then looking at a 95% chance of a loss. If we concede early then I fear the worst.

As the game wears on we can look to bring the likes of Wharton and Moran and be more expansive.

Leo

Hill.     Carter.   Hyam.   Pickering

Travis.    Tronstad.   Garrett

Szmodics

Telelovic.    Sigurdsson.

Edited by joey_big_nose