BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham Utd (h) - 1/1/24

Happy New Year everyone. 

Lovely day here in South Yorkshire, in stark contrast to the trip over for the Watford game which was biblical even by M62 standards. 

Rovers are really struggling right now due to injuries and shear number of games played, in an ideal world we'd be resting players right now, but the owners have cut the staff to the bone and we wee again with the willy we've got.

Rotherham have picked up of late under Leam Richardson so this won't be an easy game, but to send the doom mongers back into the shadows I'm going for a Rovers win.

Blackburn Rovers 2 Rotherham 0

Come on you super blues!

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

In one game Semir has gone from being a Sunday league park footballer to the new Shearer.

I wish him well, if the fantasy comes true we all benefit although I do believe the fantasy is driven by festive spirit.

Brandy or sherry? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

In one game Semir has gone from being a Sunday league park footballer to the new Shearer.

I wish him well, if the fantasy comes true we all benefit although I do believe the fantasy is driven by festive spirit.

Driven by sheer desperation.

We all want him to do well but the fact we are praying that a lad who is now 24 and from the German B league can answer our problems says everything as to where this horrific running of the club has now landed us.

Reminds me of the days we were borrowing the like of Phil Starbuck from Huddersfield to plug the holes left by the injured Garner and Kennedy !  We really did have nothing then though and it took Jack Walker to eventually rescue that sorry situation.

• Like 5

Unbeaten so far this year but alas I fear Rotherham will have too much for us.

And I can’t believe I’ve actually just typed that but I can’t see beyond a 2-1 defeat with a few boos ringing round Ewood at the final whistle.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, oldjamfan1 said:

And I can’t believe I’ve actually just typed that but I can’t see beyond a 2-1 defeat with a few boos ringing round Ewood at the final whistle.

Get your point oldjamfan1. I'd rather boos be directed at Waggot and owners. The lads out there today along with JDT don't deserve anger. They need our support.

Looking forward to hearing the cracking atmospheric sound when we score.

Happy New Year everyone.

COYB !!!! 

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I think the flat track bullies may ride this afternoon, leading to the optimists / fantasists waxing lyrical about a play off push this evening 😉

• Like 3

We've conceded 12 goals in our last 4 games, 12 goals. Rotherham seem to have turned a corner and conceded 1 in their last 2 games, against better teams.

There's something badly wrong at the minute behind the scenes, lose this and you could argue people should lose jobs.

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

This is a must win if I'm to keep my New Year pledge which has been progressing well.

Darts until Rovers KO, then more darts later. Not to shabby an evening viewing.

love the darts,though there is no way luke littler is 16,if he is then he must have had a bloody hard life so far😁

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Rotherham yet to win away this season.

What could possibly go wrong? 😉

Whilst it would be nigh on impossible to get true statistics, I struggle to think there are many more clubs that allow opponents to break their bad runs than us!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Rotherham yet to win away this season.

What could possibly go wrong? 😉

I was feeling optimistic until I read this.

Dry January has already left me white knuckled staring at the drinks cabinet and an embarrassing defeat might kill it in its infancy.

Edited by Blow-in
  • Like 3

Not sure if off-track or bang on match thread.

Arsenal fans on social media calling for Arteta to be sacked after 3 losses in a row! Apparently they always play the same way every game so opposition clubs have worked them out. Generally boss possession, create loads of chances but fail to take them! They want to walk/pass the ball into the net. No real goal-scorers in the team, Saka leads with 6? 

Does this sound familiar?

• Like 1