BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham Utd (h) - 1/1/24

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I think they would turn, the crowd always turns after horrendous runs, unless your Teflon Tony, of course.

I don’t think they should, by the way, after a good season last time and a decent one this term until a month ago, but he’s never been particularly popular at Ewood, so you go say 2-0 down to Rotherham and he’ll cop it big time.

Decent until a month ago?

We have lost 7 of 12 games at home conceding 21 goals in the process. Only one team has conceded more than us at home in the entire league.

The home form which is what the majority of fans see has been terrible all season.

Edited by roverblue
  • Like 1

Yes decent unti a month ago, sitting just outside the playoffs after winning 6 out of the last 8 games.

I know you seem to exist in an Ewood only vacuum but most fans can recognise overall form, as much as they'd obviously like more home wins.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

I’d settle for some draws and clean sheets as a start. Even as bad as it’s been at home I haven’t heard any mutterings about the manager as yet around me. Just general malaise about the state of the club and whether  people can be bothered to renew next season.

We can’t rely on an increasingly downwards away form to keep our heads above water. It’s got to improve starting tomorrow.

• Like 1

If you wanted any game to break a bad run it would be this one, with their poor away record. Changes are going to have to be made but I'm not entirely convinced about who go's out and who comes in.

With JRC, hyam and Wharton unavailable the back 4 picks itself. I'd like to have dropped brittain who isn't playing well and I've come to believe he unbalances the team (compared too hill). I don't think Travis at right back would make the team stronger.

In midfield, szmodics fitness permitting if a guarantee. As probably is Sigurdson on the left after 2 assists vs Hull. I believe tronstad and Wharton as a pair are pretty good. Whether they've got the freshest of legs after this period of football I'm not too sure. Personally I'd get find a way to get Travis or garrett in there to give us a bit of energy and perhaps help stop counters especially down the right hand side in the gap left by brittain. This pulls szmodics out of his 10 role but until we can get a couple of bodies back I'd look to shift him into the front 3 on the right hand side where he finished the Hull game.

None of the other attacking mids / wingers are showing anything atm. Striker wise I just think JDT has to pick the striker he thinks can get the most out of in the long term. Telalovic did okay vs Hull but so did ennis off the bench. I'd go ennis. In summary I'd have something like this: 

Leaky Leo

Brittain.  Carter.   Hill.   Pickering

Trav.      Tronstad.  Wharton

Szmodics.    Ennis.     Sigurdsson

Subs: Hilton, Gamble, Duru, Garrett, moran, Markanday, Leonard, telalovic, +another academy lad who won't realistically get on the pitch. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

If you wanted any game to break a bad run it would be this one, with their poor away record. Changes are going to have to be made but I'm not entirely convinced about who go's out and who comes in.

With JRC, hyam and Wharton unavailable the back 4 picks itself. I'd like to have dropped brittain who isn't playing well and I've come to believe he unbalances the team (compared too hill). I don't think Travis at right back would make the team stronger.

In midfield, szmodics fitness permitting if a guarantee. As probably is Sigurdson on the left after 2 assists vs Hull. I believe tronstad and Wharton as a pair are pretty good. Whether they've got the freshest of legs after this period of football I'm not too sure. Personally I'd get find a way to get Travis or garrett in there to give us a bit of energy and perhaps help stop counters especially down the right hand side in the gap left by brittain. This pulls szmodics out of his 10 role but until we can get a couple of bodies back I'd look to shift him into the front 3 on the right hand side where he finished the Hull game.

None of the other attacking mids / wingers are showing anything atm. Striker wise I just think JDT has to pick the striker he thinks can get the most out of in the long term. Telalovic did okay vs Hull but so did ennis off the bench. I'd go ennis. In summary I'd have something like this: 

Leaky Leo

Subs: Hilton, Gamble, Duru, Garrett, moran, Markanday, Leonard, telalovic, +another academy lad who won't realistically get on the pitch. 

I think your right, only change is Semir for Niall,

think Travis is a shithouse and it’s what we need, he’s a captain, Szmodics isn’t, he always has the face on and hyam doesn’t speak. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RoverInverness said:

That is fate well and truly tempted now then.

Let’s hope we don’t toss them a get out of jail card like we did Sheffield Wednesday. Their manager will be reminding them of that. 

Hecwill also remind them we play out from the back in a decidedly wobbly manner.

A bit like the Bournemouth goalie today. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Leaky Leo

I would have picked Ennis until Friday, but thought Telalovic looked more of a handful then and unlucky not to score so will be really surprised if he doesnt get another go.

• Like 1

Wahlstedt

Brittain  Hill. Carter. Pickering

Trondstadt. Wharton

Moran.   Szmodics. Siggurdson

Telalovic

Hilton, Gamble, Trav, Garrett, Gilsenan, Markanday, Ennis, Leonard

Rovers 3 - 1 Rotherham 

Sammy and 2x for Tela

Rotherham have got to be set up to win this game. No better chance to break their away day horrors.

Might be more entertaining than many would anticipate.

Would be nice to be entertained with 3 points at the final whistle too.

Happy New Year Rovers- here is to you reciprocating!🥰

• Like 1

Happy New Year one and all.

Rovers to put Rotherham to the sword and fill us all with false optimism, at least for a few days!

3 or 4 goals to 1 with at least a brace for the new Shearer, Semir.

Edited by Mercer