BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham Utd (h) - 1/1/24

Just now, roverandout said:

So basically he's crap. You've just mentioned all the qualities that a keeper needs which he has none of

He’s worse than crap, he’s appalling dealing with high balls. The rest of his game is good 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Leo has the attributes to be a good keeper but I can’t remember seeing anyone as bad when I ball is floated into the box, his punches are weak and into the wrong areas, he flaps and is rash with his decision making.  He seems intent on making contact with the ball with no thought about where it’s going to end up. The communication between him and the defence is appalling. If he can’t sort this side to his game he will be a top keeper but it’s painful watching him at the minute

I didnt want to say anything but in the first 3 minutes he punched a corner straight down onto the penalty spot. He needs to be taken out this must be destroying his confidence. Its not doing mine any good either.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Leo has the attributes to be a good keeper but I can’t remember seeing anyone as bad when a ball is floated into the box, his punches are weak and into the wrong areas, he flaps and is rash with his decision making.  He seems intent on making contact with the ball with no thought about where it’s going to end up. The communication between him and the defence is appalling. If he can sort this side to his game he will be a top keeper but it’s painful watching him at the minute

What's attributes??? He's weak in every department.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Yep..he's a real treat.  I have honestly never seen a worse run of "form" from any keeper ever. Look at Rotherhams in comparison. He's played very well today already.

So like, the Rotherham keeper is a good shot stopper, can command his defence, can claim crosses, quick off his line, strong in the challenge and decisive BUT can he play 6 yard passes out to his teammates?

Ha, thought not 🤔

• Like 2

We are fighting with one arm tied behind our back now with this lad in goal. The opponents know they can put an aimless ball in the box and stand a good chance of scoring. It just cannot be allowed to be a tactic for your opponent at this level!

• Like 3

• Backroom

Blame has to be on the manager and goalkeeping coach as well, someone made a good point on twitter

If it’s blatantly obvious your man can’t claim a cross make sure he stays on his line at corners, at least he’s not leaving an open net then 

• Like 3

You can see how Wahlstedts constant fuck ups effects the whole team. It knocks the stuffing out of them, all our good work undo by a keeper who can't keep a clean sheet most games, letting in the tamest of efforts and zero presence in his own box. Infuriating.

• Backroom

Criminal if we don’t win this comfortably, but it’s gone from a case of ‘how many’ to ‘if’?

• Like 2