BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham Utd (h) - 1/1/24

17 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I assume Sheffield Wednesday have been quick to send him back knowing he's not going to be available for a couple of months. They need immediate bodies for their survival scrap and won't want to pay him to sit around for 2 months using up a squad space. 

So we can do that instead.

This might cause additional problems. I believe his exit on loan was a prerequisite to us getting Hill and Moran in late on during the window and if that is correct there will need to be another outgoing to free up the cash for Buckley

Buckley will be as much use as a chocolate teapot in a survival scrap, for us or Wednesday.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, alcd said:

The losses would be much less in L1 as all but the lowest paid players would leave. I suspect Venkys would be quite happy with that. 

Aye but the income would be even lower so i suppose it kind of balances out although it would provide them with more excuses to sell assets and make more cuts.

5 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Buckley will be as much use as a chocolate teapot in a survival scrap, for us or Wednesday.

Indeed. "Balls of Steel" Buckley is exactly what we don't need in a relegation battle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I assume Sheffield Wednesday have been quick to send him back knowing he's not going to be available for a couple of months. They need immediate bodies for their survival scrap and won't want to pay him to sit around for 2 months using up a squad space. 

So we can do that instead.

This might cause additional problems. I believe his exit on loan was a prerequisite to us getting Hill and Moran in late on during the window and if that is correct there will need to be another outgoing to free up the cash for Buckley

There was a recall clause to call him back. They would of had to pay to break contract. 

58 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

There was a recall clause to call him back. They would of had to pay to break contract. 

Let's hope they've paid to break his contract then. Recalling him when he's injured for months makes little sense. 

Yet another game which can be filed in the “should have won” category. We have a serious problem in not being able to kill games off and being punished for it.

Being the optimist that I am, I’m hoping that the end of the hectic period where time on the training ground is minimal will now allow JDT to spend some serious time with the group and iron out some of these problems. This with the much needed return of some of our key players will hopefully have a positive impact…

8 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

View from our day out in the posh seats:

Broughton, Waggott and what looked like a deputation from India were only a few yards from our group. Oh to have been a fly on the wall to that conversation after the match

Also, Gordon Taylor was there, sitting on his own. Is he a regular at Ewood?

The Premier Suite was good and the staff excellent but like the rest of the ground it's looking a bit tired and in need of a revamp. The toilets need ripping out next week 

As for the game, Broughton has so much to answer for. Rotherham had a proper keeper in goal - great saves, catches crosses and bosses his 6-yard box.  Then we have that clown in goal for us.

Rovers could have been 3-0 ahead after 25 minutes but will be thankful for the draw after a poor second half. 

Unless some of the injured players come back soon or we make some decent signings this month we will be in a relegation scrap: I've no doubt about that. 

I have sat there a time or two ..Gordon Taylor has always been there ..

8 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

The Premier Suite was good and the staff excellent but like the rest of the ground it's looking a bit tired and in need of a revamp. The toilets need ripping out next week

Oh, Jim. What did you do?? (Second thoughts, don't answer that).

😉

• Like 4

• J*B unpinned this topic
14 hours ago, bazza said:

He's trying to get himself sacked.

He is wasting his time, he could take shit on waggot's desk and the owners won't pay him off.

Might go by mutual consent if a club comes in for him.

if Ainsley Pears had been goalkeeper yesterday, we would have won the game 2-1. Whaldsted is to small between the sticks, the first goal proved it, a header that was,nt that powerful looped over him into the top corner. The only good point was Sigurdssen and Schmodics on target again. We have been making the same mistake for a while now trying to cling on to a slender lead and the opposition put it in the back of the net late in the game. We need to learn how to finish a game off with a bit of daylight.

• Like 1