BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham Utd (h) - 1/1/24

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Whatever happens here it is always the Venky model implemented by gravy train riders and half interested grifters so it will NEVER work.

Remember all the talk of various models by Mowbray and of course the Brentford model being the one to follow.  Also remember plenty of us saying we never never follow that model under this ownership because what we actually do is opposite to that.

It's all window dressing thrown out to cover for the absolute fact we have owners who don't give a toss but are willing to keep the club going because it suits (or at least did) their company accounting system. Now though they want that reducing greatly so they can leave the club in a corner of the portfolio soaking up a manageable amount of profit less than 20 mill per year.

So the model is and always a lower wage lower cost virtually zero transfer budgets where any player income is mostly to help cover costs.

That's it in black and white, no building a strong squad on the cheap to add bits , player trade and go for promotion, no it's just a case of low cot survival as long as we can string it out.

Ultimately it'll end up as a league 1 project.

The losses would be much less in L1 as all but the lowest paid players would leave. I suspect Venkys would be quite happy with that. 

1 minute ago, alcd said:

The losses would be much less in L1 as all but the lowest paid players would leave. I suspect Venkys would be quite happy with that. 

God help us. Where's that gas oven? Oh! Forgot! It's not coal gas anymore.

By my calculations we currently have 5 first team players out injured, we had zero budget in the summer to bring anyone of note in and allowed our top goalscorer to leave on a free transfer.

Is anyone surprised we’ve hit a sticky patch?

Edited by Gav
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Gav said:

By my calculations we currently have 5 first team players out injured, we had zero budget in the summer to bring anyone of note in and allowed our top goalscorer to leave on a free transfer.

Is anyone surprised we’ve hit a sticky patch?

No. That's why I'm forecasting relegation.

26 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

Sorry I wasn't really critising, but I don't believe for a second JDT thinks anything will be made available I think he is done and is saving his reputation.

JDT will leave in the summer / later in the year when managers start getting sacked. 

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Look at Hull one good season and they are looking at a couple of quality loans that helped get Bumley over the line.

Last season in a better position than them we got a player who couldn't make a poor Huddersfield team. Season before Mowbray brought in 2 duds - one being Markanday - and 2 ok players who didn't make the mark, he should have been backed better but he himself should've looked for a quality player or two instead of 4 squaddies with the wages he was allowed to spend.

Constant muddled thinking here, no action, wrong action.

Hull have spent A LOT of money (for this division). 

2 hours ago, Torgeir said:

He's also very weak defensively and the same goes for Moran although he's a bit quicker and better at the initial pressing. We're incredibly vulnerable in the channels. Good teams who are more clinical than us counter us, while we struggle with the physical teams as well and most of our eleven get outmuscled man for man against most teams in this div.

We're a slow team across the board. 

It was frightening watching Watford hit us on the counter.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Szmodics was knackered for that last 20 minutes. In the minutes before the equaliser he couldn’t close down and lost the ball a couple of times. We talk about tiredness and fatigue. He should have been taken off.

How we end up looking completely leggy at the end (as against Preston and Watford) and yet Garrett and Travis don’t get on is baffling.

Yeah this is it for me exactly - simple options to get more solid are not taken

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

I am with EE, signal no problem in Jack Walker stand ....

I don’t think they are publicising it but there is now a Ewood Guest WiFi or at least in the riverside 👍🏼

27 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We're a slow team across the board. 

It was frightening watching Watford hit us on the counter.

they hit us on the counter because we commited to many men forwards,been like that all season,we matched leeds most of the game,they only scored when we overcommited,the better sides in the division will punish you for it,can`t believe jdt can`t see it

• Like 3

Positives:

we didn’t lose

we scored two goals

Szmodics keeps scoring (has anyone ever been relegated with the league’s top scorer?)

Telalovic is significantly better than feared

Negatives:

Keeper situation is unacceptable. Can hardly believe I’m saying this but hopefully Pears can lift the team when he returns

We are completely useless at defending set pieces, even disregarding the keeper

Subs were terrible yet again, the players yes but also the decision to make them. Why not try to protect our lead?

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, OsloRover said:

Positives:

we didn’t lose

we scored two goals

Szmodics keeps scoring (has anyone ever been relegated with the league’s top scorer?)

Telalovic is significantly better than feared

Negatives:

Keeper situation is unacceptable. Can hardly believe I’m saying this but hopefully Pears can lift the team when he returns

We are completely useless at defending set pieces, even disregarding the keeper

Subs were terrible yet again, the players yes but also the decision to make them. Why not try to protect our lead?

Totally agree on every point.

5 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

And what makes you think there would be no one willing to take on the honour of owning a world famous football club ?

Broughton has been here 2 years Venky's have been here 13 years. It's easy to blame them because they, and nobody else,,are to blame

As there has been zero interest from anyone in the entire time. 

The *immediate* issue is recent recruitment has been poor, hence 17th in the league.

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Hull have spent A LOT of money (for this division). 

Yes they have, soon after being taken over by a new ambitious owner who has immediately made positive changes and pumped money in and hasn't hidden behind every excuse going as to why he can't. 

Some people would have us believe that there is no such possibility of that here and instead we've to soldier on as a zombie club with a pointless existence. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Great news Bucko is back, Around 30 days left to heal. That's another body for the back end of season

I assume Sheffield Wednesday have been quick to send him back knowing he's not going to be available for a couple of months. They need immediate bodies for their survival scrap and won't want to pay him to sit around for 2 months using up a squad space. 

So we can do that instead.

This might cause additional problems. I believe his exit on loan was a prerequisite to us getting Hill and Moran in late on during the window and if that is correct there will need to be another outgoing to free up the cash for Buckley

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would bring in Mike Sheron or Ryan Kidd to take over in charge of set pieces. Benson doing it isn't working and his focus should be improving and working with Wahlstedt improving his catching and taking charge of his box

Benson's only focus should be on trying to find a new job when he's sacked and that should be tomorrow along with Lowe and Johnson.

Not convinced by JDT but when you haven't a pot to p1ss in and when you are surrounded by, IMO, muppets and incompetents like Broughton, Benson, Lowe, Johnson, our recruitment and medical teams, I'm prepared to cut him some slack.  Sack JDT and replace him with whom other than a desperado when they will face exactly the same issues.

Our club is in one feckin mess and, IMO, this is down entirely to the gross mismanagement by our owners and their dumbing down of staff from top to bottom in our club.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Benson's only focus should be on trying to find a new job when he's sacked and that should be tomorrow along with Lowe and Johnson.

Not convinced by JDT but when you haven't a pot to p1ss in and when you are surrounded by, IMO, muppets and incompetents like Broughton, Benson, Lowe, Johnson, our recruitment and medical teams, I'm prepared to cut him some slack.  Sack JDT and replace him with whom other than a desperado when they will face exactly the same issues.

Our club is in one feckin mess and, IMO, this is down entirely to the gross mismanagement by our owners and their dumbing down of staff from top to bottom in our club.

What the fuck do they do at training ?

• Like 1