BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham Utd (h) - 1/1/24

6 minutes ago, philipl said:

Another desperately disappointing afternoon with 8 senior players missing

Against a side with a smaller budget than ours, no category A academy and 7 senior players missing.

• Like 5

• Moderation Lead

Hi Everyone, please don’t screenshot private messages in here, they’re confidential. If you’ve a problem, report button, ask admin section, or PM a mod.

Ta.

• Like 1

At times we were ok and with a little more luck we could have scored 4 goals today.

Don't care what anyone says Leo poor again and should be dropped. He doesn't have a presence in the goal area and is the main reason we are leaking goals.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

Broughton has signed three centre forwards during his time here (Hirst, Telaovic & Ennis) in a combined 30 appearances they have not been able to muster a single league goal between them. The man is clueless.

Ouch. That’s pretty damning. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

At times we were ok and with a little more luck we could have scored 4 goals today.

Don't care what anyone says Leo poor again and should be dropped. He doesn't have a presence in the goal area and is the main reason we are leaking goals.

Totally agree. Compare Leo with Rotherham's keeper today. He is also Swedish with 1 International appearance. He was excellent and cost them nothing.

• Like 5

fair play got to say a big Thank You to the BRFCs forum moderators! you have dealt with an abusive 'fan' very quickly! 

its hard enough being a rovers fan, we dont need unnecessary abuse from trolls as well!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Totally agree. Compare Leo with Rotherham's keeper today. He is also Swedish with 1 International appearance. He was excellent and cost them nothing.

And didn’t cost them £800k 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, toogs said:

Ouch. That’s pretty damning. 

what a stat. 

who is holding the egg to account? 

imagine if we put that in terms of any other business.. lets say a bakery.

i am the shop keeper but not the owner of a bakery.i employed 3 bakers in 1 year and none of them made any bread. they touched the dough sure, they looked at it, they kneeded it but after 30 attempts all 3 bakers made zero edible bread. 

surely the bakery owners would not be to pleased with me??

1 hour ago, booth said:

Tried that loads of times. If anything it just expedites things.

Ennis looks awful. I think our only battler was Tronstad.

I think he looked for openings, but when you look at how physical Rotherham are, then on 2-1 we shouldn't put one of the smallest players in the league on the pitch - especially one that has proven to have little impact on games. Should try and flog him to a League 1 club in January if there are any takers. Didn't think I'd ever say this but we miss Hedges or Dolan on the right, and JRC even more as a roamer.

• Like 1

Not sure where we go from here. This squad managing to Arrest our drop down the table feels unlikely at the moment. If you cannot beat Rotherham at home with their catastrophic away record then it’s a very gloomy sign. I suppose resting and getting injured players back should be a priority as I have very little confidence in our January recruitment prospects! Not feeling especially positive. 

• Like 1

Sigurdsson offers a bit of a goal threat, which is a good job because he looks a bit of a nothing footballer. No pace. No trickery. No great vision. No work rate. Shame because when he signed he looked a bit of a coup on paper.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

I think he looked for openings, but when you look at how physical Rotherham are, then on 2-1 we shouldn't put one of the smallest players in the league on the pitch - especially one that has proven to have little impact on games. Should try and flog him to a League 1 club in January if there are any takers. Didn't think I'd ever say this but we miss Hedges or Dolan on the right, and JRC even more as a roamer.

Ennis is about 5 10 so he certainly isn't one of the smallest players in the league. 

The team look knackered! It’s literally walking football for most of the game! Slashing the budget after finishing 7th is criminal. Waggott and Broughton both need potting for me.

SW is clueless, the matchday experience is the worst I’ve ever known it. Atmosphere was dead, can’t hear the stadium announcer the TV outside the Blackburn end is a complete embarrassment too.

GB is a head teacher trying to play some sort of Euro scouting guru. He’s clueless and is a waste of a wage!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

The problem is, that as poor as Leo is. He is still the best keeper we have available. Leos confidence seems totally shot. He spent most of the time today, when defending set pieces, pushing his own players out of the way. In training he needs to practice commanding  the six yard box. What I would like to see, is when the opposition bring on four or five sets of fresh legs to try to effect a game, that we do the same, to counteract them. It seems to happen too often, that we don't react and end up dropping points.

2 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Sigurdsson offers a bit of a goal threat, which is a good job because he looks a bit of a nothing footballer. No pace. No trickery. No great vision. No work rate. Shame because whenhe signed he looked a bit of a coup on paper.

He is dangerous, when he is in the box ,as an eye for a goal..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Sigurdsson offers a bit of a goal threat, which is a good job because he looks a bit of a nothing footballer. No pace. No trickery. No great vision. No work rate. Shame because when he signed he looked a bit of a coup on paper.

He's also very weak defensively and the same goes for Moran although he's a bit quicker and better at the initial pressing. We're incredibly vulnerable in the channels. Good teams who are more clinical than us counter us, while we struggle with the physical teams as well and most of our eleven get outmuscled man for man against most teams in this div.

53 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

No one wants Tony back. We need owners and directors to support our current coach JDT

Agreed. Whoever is in the dugout it's just window dressing but it amazes me anyone would entertain Mowbray back here after his conduct the last time around.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

The main point about Markanday is that he is not a winger, he has no pace, no tricks and can't cross a ball, why we persist in trying to play him as a winger is beyond me.

1 minute ago, Torgeir said:

He's also very weak defensively and the same goes for Moran although he's a bit quicker and better at the initial pressing. We're incredibly vulnerable in the channels. Good teams who are more clinical than us counter us, while we struggle with the physical teams as well and most of our eleven get outmuscled man for man against most teams in this div.

I stand by that sigurdson cutting on the left doesn't suit Pickering as he will never have the pace to consistently overlap.  On the other side we play Moran who is not a winger and is extremely central.   The outcome being most full backs in the league know they won't get doubled up on.  

Also Markanday at 5ft 6(?) out wide to see out a game Vs Rotherham is nonsensical even with the limitations on the bench 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

what a stat. 

who is holding the egg to account? 

imagine if we put that in terms of any other business.. lets say a bakery.

i am the shop keeper but not the owner of a bakery.i employed 3 bakers in 1 year and none of them made any bread. they touched the dough sure, they looked at it, they kneeded it but after 30 attempts all 3 bakers made zero edible bread. 

surely the bakery owners would not be to pleased with me??

If their name was Venkys apparently they would!