BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham Utd (h) - 1/1/24

Just now, DE. said:

Based on the amount we've scored and the best I would expect us to achieve with the current squad (mid-table), I think we can afford to score less. We don't need to score more than WBA or Sunderland, we just need to defend better. A few clean sheets and 1-0 wins are what is required, not gung ho football where we concede two or three every game. At this point it's got to stop, because we are in free fall and it isn't realistic to expect us to score 3 or 4 goals per game just to win. 

I don't blame JDT as he was not brought in to get a poor team to play defensive football to grind out wins. That is the position we've been left in thanks to the owners, though, and I don't see where JDT fits into that reality as he isn't suited for what we now require. 

I didn't think we were gung ho today yet still conceded two. Which is why I don't think a change in tactics would alter anything.

He is the wrong manager for the wrong job. When Mowbray left we should have been planning for this and recruiting management and players accordingly. Instead we brought a bloke in, told him the objective was to build a team with a view to promotion, and told him we had to play pretty football. Ludicrous.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Roboftherovers82 said:

would anyone take JDT gone tonight and Tony back till end of the season?

we are looking utter utter trash and nailed on for going down the way we are playing 

I’m waivering on JDT but I wouldn’t want TM back.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Broughton has to go for me. The summer recruitment has been as bad as I can remember. Most of those signings are playing a division or two above their ability level. What a shocker.

There’s people who think he’s great because he’s given new deals out! His signings have been shocking! JDT has been let down massively. He is an arrogant bastard too!

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Broughton has to go for me. The summer recruitment has been as bad as I can remember. Most of those signings are playing a division or two above their ability level. What a shocker.

I agree and am really frustrated that he will be around in time for this current window. We need better recruitment. The GK is constantly getting 4/10 performance ratings. He is not good enough. Samir and Ennis haven't even scored yet and it's January. The egg needs to go

8 minutes ago, Roboftherovers82 said:

would anyone take JDT gone tonight and Tony back till end of the season?

we are looking utter utter trash and nailed on for going down the way we are playing 

No one wants Tony back. We need owners and directors to support our current coach JDT

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, booth said:

Is it really his fault if he's given barely a budget to work with?

Wahstedt is looking a painfully bad signing though. How many points has that one signing cost us now? Bit of an exaggeration but he spent the family silver to do it too.

Valid point but would you trust him with a transfer budget?

The only money he did spend in the summer was on Leo who is the worst GK in the championship and probably one of the worst keepers we've ever had. 

He doesn't have an eye for a player at all.

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, booth said:

He is the wrong manager for the wrong job. 

Yeah, pretty much. With a bit of backing I think he'd have us right up there, but he's been given fuck all - in fact less than fuck all compared to the bloke who came before him. With the situation as it is, he hasn't got the experience or perhaps the inclination to adjust his style of play to adapt to our current predicament. As much as I love watching JDT's football at times, the sad reality is that we need a Neil Warnock type to make this lot compact, gritty and tough-to-beat - and even then I think our ceiling would realistically be mid-table.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, booth said:

I didn't think we were gung ho today yet still conceded two. Which is why I don't think a change in tactics would alter anything.

He is the wrong manager for the wrong job. When Mowbray left we should have been planning for this and recruiting management and players accordingly. Instead we brought a bloke in, told him the objective was to build a team with a view to promotion, and told him we had to play pretty football. Ludicrous.

Cutting his budget in the process meaning he'd no chance of doing that even if he might have been capable.

Bringing him in an actual goalkeeper would've helped but if they want a youth based development squad then we will get a dose of schoolboy football.

• Like 1

To whoever was defending Venkys on this thread (site crashes if I try to click on quotes so I can't reply). Fair enough if Venkys want to cut our cloth accordingly.  They are pumping money in but have FFP and whatever their issue with the Indian government is. It sounds like excuses to me but I'll suspend my disbelief for arguments sake.

However if they wanted to do it efficiently and sensibly why have Steve Waggott as our CEO who has made terrible decision after terrible decision in his time here? A man who hasn't prepped for the lack of money and instead allowed the appointment of staff more suited to a team vying for promotion?

Because they are terrible terrible owners and it's always been the case. Venkys out.

• Like 5

Hope the Crewe lad is a monster. We were completely bullied by the Rotherham Giants forwards physically.

Semir looks like he could become the real deal.

Another desperately disappointing afternoon with 8 senior players missing.

Those calling for JDT to go need to appoint a witch doctor not a football coach.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Valid point but would you trust him with a transfer budget?

The only money he did spend in the summer was on Leo who is the worst GK in the championship and probably one of the worst keepers we've ever had. 

He doesn't have an eye for a player at all.

Unfair to say as apart from the first transfer window he's had nothing much to spend. In that he brought us Szmodics and Hyam. Beyond that Tronstadt looks a good Championship midfielder and Siggy contributes goals.

As I've said before, Wahlstedt is a massive clanger. You'd expect there to be better keepers about. We seem to have added another keeper who is a total liability and today despite everything we've lost another 2 points as a result.

If it was up to me I'd do away with DOF model altogether, I've never liked it since Kenny and Harford. I like a manager to bring in the players he wants and to have an assistant who facilitates it. No excuses then.

• Like 1

Just now, philipl said:

Hope the Crewe lad is a monster. We were completely bullied by the Rotherham Giants forwards physically.

Semir looks like he could become the real deal.

Another desperately disappointing afternoon with 8 senior players missing.

Those calling for JDT to go need to appoint a witch doctor not a football coach.

It’s like I said before - the football teams will out football us and the ale house teams will out muscle us. We’re in a bad situation. We need some fighters rapidly 

• Like 6

Not many clubs were you watch a game and can realistically hammer the entire structure of the club. 

1st goal is calamitous from GB's recommended signing.

2nd goal needs the coaching staff to work on defending.

After the game the manager quite rightly goes after the owners for letting the club drown.

To be a Rovers fan!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

Absolutely spot on, a manager with the bollox to call it out too and not interested in protecting his own interests. 

👍

Spot on

8 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Spot on what he says.

Agreed

13 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

For a manager at this point in time to call it out is brave and it's consistent with what we have heard from him all season.

48 minutes ago, superniko said:

Here here - the day will come when they fuck off eventually. 

Venkys? Not a chance. I'm afraid I'll never live to see the day when Venkys sell.

Stuck with the bastards forever.

• Like 1

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, Gav said:

Absolutely spot on, a manager with the bollox to call it out too and not interested in protecting his own interests. 

👍

It is, but that is a desperately depressing interview. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, booth said:

To whoever was defending Venkys on this thread (site crashes if I try to click on quotes so I can't reply). Fair enough if Venkys want to cut our cloth accordingly.  They are pumping money in but have FFP and whatever their issue with the Indian government is. It sounds like excuses to me but I'll suspend my disbelief for arguments sake.

However if they wanted to do it efficiently and sensibly why have Steve Waggott as our CEO who has made terrible decision after terrible decision in his time here? A man who hasn't prepped for the lack of money and instead allowed the appointment of staff more suited to a team vying for promotion?

Because they are terrible terrible owners and it's always been the case. Venkys out.

Yes the VenkyMeter is showing thirteen years, and the ride isn't over yet. They've totally worn me out. Defeats make no impact on me any more. Venkys on the hoardings plastered all round the ground, Venkys on the shirts even now. Thirteen years of humiliation, frustration and decay, playthings of dark lords and the third rate. 

Why they don't just put us up for sale I don't know. I don't think I can do another thirteen years of this. 

"I want to go and cry
It's so sad to watch a sweet thing die"

• Like 5