BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham Utd (h) - 1/1/24

Hill has been absolutely terrible the last few weeks, I’ve still not forgiven him for the horror show against Watford. Which if Tronstad hadn’t saved him he’d have been responsible for 2 huge opportunities down to basics like not checking his shoulder and getting played behind 

If you’re struggling against the likes of Rotherham, there aren’t many you won’t struggle against.

A loss here is the kind of thing that makes even the likes of me question the manager.

This should have been a nailed-on win, they don’t get much more nailed-on than this, in this league, anything less is a huge disappointment.

• Like 1

I say it every game but... Venkys out.

People will blame the style of play but we've been okay today.

Too many tired legs and an overall lack of quality/experience on the pitch particularly at the back and up front.

It doesn't help that the goalie gives the opposition at least one goal every match.

• Like 5

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Hold on, yes he should have won the header, but crikey, so passive our full back allowing the cross...not a challenge or anything.  Shit.

You can include Sigurdsson in that criticism, which is fair, but crosses are going to come in and we can probably only handle about 20% of any of them that do come in. That should be bread and butter for a centre back

• Like 1

Something has to change. This feels all to predictable and didn’t even get excited at 2-1. Can easily see us lose this now and even a win wouldn’t bring the positivity we sorely need.

• Backroom

We need someone in who can organise a defence. The amount of goals we concede is criminal and it can't all be put down to injuries. This team just does not understand how to defend. Do we put any effort into that side of things in training at all? 

• Like 5

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Hold on, yes he should have won the header, but crikey, so passive our full back allowing the cross...not a challenge or anything.  Shit.

Hold on? He's been at fault for both goals. Did you not teach him how to win a header?

• Like 1

Just now, TheKitGuy said:

Markanday and Ennis offer nothing. Rather an academy player on. 

Ennis has been a big disappointment so far.

Markanday has given the ball away in our own half twice in 15 minutes - he's just clearly not good enough. 

We are weak so, so weak. 

Losing mentality on the bench and on the field. These results are not any coincidence, they are down to weak play, weak management , weak coaching . I have chosen not to use my season ticket today after the Hull “ Performance “ …please do not defend Tomasson .

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead
3 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Jdt needs to take a long hard look at himself. Nice guy but patience can only last so long

Absolutely, he’s responsible for some of our problems, but he’s carrying the can for awful recruitment and Venky’s turning the taps off. As ever, all roads lead back to Pune and those absolute shitheads.

He’ll lose his job, but Steve Waggott and Gregg Broughton won’t. I know who I consider to be more villainous.

• Like 3