BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cambridge Utd (h) - 06/01/24 FA Cup R3

2 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

After a poor start, Rovers made a good response today. We needed to see that. But, we really need it in league games. 

Finneran on! 

Not great quality of opposition though. I dont think anyone fans, management or players gets much confidence from giving away two early goals against poor form league one opposition.

In many ways a tight 2-0 win would have been better than an open 5-2 triumph.

Zero braincells in the game management side again. We better pray it's not bad otherwise we're in deep trouble.

We've won but it's really highlighted all our major problems: An overreliance on Sammie, no game/squad management and a frail defence. Luckily Cambridge are a poor L1 outfit - our upcoming league opponents will be looking forward to facing us.

• Like 2

Good to score 5 goals but soft powder puff defending again and no sign of players or manager knowing how to fix it. And sign an experienced goalkeeper in the window please. The Rotherham lad will do just fine 

• Like 1

With the benefit of hindsight, the first half was an indictment of our recent league form: a lot of players looking shaky and uncertain, especially defensively, but being carried by Sammie Szmodics.

Second half was how it should be in this tie, which is a generally dominant performance with a couple of chances for the opposition. We benefited from tiredness creeping in for Cambridge.

Could’ve been 8-2 with the chances, but 5-2 is still a dominant scoreline and we were - eventually - value for that.

It’s going to take a lot more to convince me that we’re over the slump and I fear that it won’t start until we’re closer to a full complement, but a good result… eventually.

• Like 2

Watching the Cambridge second goal again and that really is some unacceptable schoolboy defending. Everybody ball-watching and leaving the goalscorer in acres of space. I'd be fuming if I managed an under 12s team and they did that.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Watching the Cambridge second goal again and that really is some unacceptable schoolboy defending. Everybody ball-watching and leaving the goalscorer in acres of space. I'd be fuming if I managed an under 12s team and they did that.

Thing is, you’d at least understand it in an under-12s

• Like 1