BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield Town (h) - 20/01/2024

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

It was tongue in cheek and we had some poor periods under him

But this present team is the far worse than any of his sides IMO and the manager doesn’t seem to know what to do. It’s going to be really touch and go whether we stay up

Difficult to compare them like for like as the amount of money Mowbray spent/pissed up against the wall/didn't spend when it was available, bears no resemblance whatsoever to the resources JDT has had available to him.

We haven't been able to spend £500k on a centre back from Crewe recently but we paid Charlie Mulgrew £20k p.w. for two seasons to play for two different League 1 Clubs. Let that sink in. The chickens have come well and truly home to roost.

All that said, as one or two others have insinuated if JDT is to have a lengthy managerial career, he needs to stop feeling sorry for himself, make us a bit more difficult to beat, grind out a few results and then he can leave with his head held high as soon as he gets a decent offer.

• Like 7

Absolutely shocking performance again. A weridly imbalanced side and the decision to go with Sigurdsson as a wing back and JRC as a right centre back is right up there with any of the weird Mowbray decisions. Another set piece conceded too.

Chrisene looks like a fish out of water too in the Chanpionship and our other signing cant even get off the bench.

The owners have stripped the squad down of any quality but serious questions should at a normal club be asked of the manager as this isnt acceptable. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Difficult to compare them like for like as the amount of money Mowbray spent/pissed up against the wall/didn't spend when it was available, bears no resemblance whatsoever to the resources JDT has had available to him.

We haven't been able to spend £500k on a centre back from Crewe recently but we paid Charlie Mulgrew £20k p.w. for two seasons to play for two different League 1 Clubs. Let that sink in. The chickens have come well and truly home to roost.

All that said, as one or two others have insinuated if JDT is to have a lengthy managerial career, he needs to stop feeling sorry for himself, make us a bit more difficult to beat, grind out a few results and then he can leave with his head held high as soon as he gets a decent offer.

Again the blame is totally deflected from the owners. No doubt that the managers future should start to be questioned. That Broughton albeit with peanuts could have done better. You are even targetting Mowbray again as if thats relevant including ficticious transfer budgets available that funnily enough didnt remain for the next manager. But this squad left is so threadbare and the owners have gone AWOL.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Absolutely shocking performance again. A weridly imbalanced side and the decision to go with Sigurdsson as a wing back and JRC as a right centre back is right up there with any of the weird Mowbray decisions. Another set piece conceded too.

Chrisene looks like a fish out of water too in the Chanpionship and our other signing cant even get off the bench.

The owners have stripped the squad down of any quality but serious questions should at a normal club be asked of the manager as this isnt acceptable. 

Completely agree. Doesn't seem like he can balance the side. It's all about trying to outscore the opponents but we are doing neither. Results business and he has to go, And if that takes our transfer budget for this season then so be it. Because I have no confidence after his tactics today he is the man to take us forward with the limited budget he has.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Again the blame is totally deflected from the owners. No doubt that the managers future should start to be questioned. That Broughton albeit with peanuts could have done better. You are even targetting Mowbray again as if thats relevant including ficticious transfer budgets available that funnily enough didnt remain for the next manager. But this squad left is so threadbare and the owners have gone AWOL.

It was Mowbray himself who said he didn't spend money available to him. Repeatedly. Whether it's true or not I think it's fair to criticise him on the basis of something he himself claimed.

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

It was Mowbray himself who said he didn't spend money available to him. Repeatedly. Whether it's true or not I think it's fair to criticise him on the basis of something he himself claimed.

He said he turned down strikers on loan. But either way, my point was more that its such a strange reaction to go down the Mowbray rabbit hole having seen your team limp to a lucky draw at home to a shocking side continuing a woeful run with a poor and thin squad that has been underfunded. All the blame as ever goes everywhere bar to the root cause of all of our problems for RevidgeBlue.

Even if we ran with this nonsensical rumour, why did that money never materialise down the line?

• Like 2

While JDT isn’t helping with the mindless passing, at this point I don’t see how any manager could make a change that would matter. We don’t have any alternatives in player choice. We don’t have the players sit 10 behind the ball and try and score from set pieces, or long throws. In fact sitting back is probably worse as we can’t defend crosses or set pieces. We don’t have pace to counter. The truth is, looking at the players available, this style is our best chance to get results. 

• Like 3

Some weird contradictions here, it's the owners fault, the players aren't good enough, but the manager should be doing better. Which is it?

All I can see is that the owners cut us off and since then we've unsurprisingly declined.

This won't magically won't go away if the head coach, DOF or new bargain basement signings arrive (probably Waggott too). I'm not going to apologise if that offends anyone's beliefs as it's pretty obvious.

13 years of dross and counting. Only one constant.

• Like 5

bloody hell we are so easy to play against,it`s a good job huddersfield are shite or we`de have been looking at another 4 goal hammering

jdt needs to adapt,we`ve been sussed out attack wise(all you need to do against us is keep a straight line and get a tackle in and can`t defend set pieces,if he won`t alter the team shape then he needs to **** off

on crisene,i thought he looked well short of match fitness,same with gallagher

5 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Completely agree. Doesn't seem like he can balance the side. It's all about trying to outscore the opponents but we are doing neither. Results business and he has to go, And if that takes our transfer budget for this season then so be it. Because I have no confidence after his tactics today he is the man to take us forward with the limited budget he has.

It’s Broughton’s budget, not Tomasson’s.

If JDT falls on his sword, (unlikely), Broughton will be pulling the strings of his replacement, who, like Tomasson, will be a Head Coach, not a manager.

We need a manager who knows what he’s doing, not a mid ranking civil servant who took a wrong turn and ended up at Brockhall.

• Like 2

Huddersfield had enough good chances to have won easily but statistically we comfortably dominant.

Pears looked very confident and was just about the only Rover to do so. Adam Wharton anticipated so well for his goal.

Chrisene totally frustrated. So many opportunities to drive into open space and was cutting back inside every time.

Makes the QPR game more anxious.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, booth said:

Some weird contradictions here, it's the owners fault, the players aren't good enough, but the manager should be doing better. Which is it?

All I can see is that the owners cut us off and since then we've unsurprisingly declined.

This won't magically won't go away if the head coach, DOF or new bargain basement signings arrive (probably Waggott too). I'm not going to apologise if that offends anyone's beliefs as it's pretty obvious.

13 years of dross and counting. Only one constant.

The main issue is the owners cutting the budgets etc but this current run isnt acceptable even with the current players. The selection today was bizarre and the shape post substitutions was laughable. Also a better coached side would not be so bad from attacking set pieces and concede so often from defensive ones.

• Like 5

That’s it for me this season at least. I’ve lost all hope at this moment for this once magnificent club. Season ticket binned. 59 years attending. I’m done until these disingenuous owners and their yes men leave. Hurting me but I have to walk away for my sanity

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He said he turned down strikers on loan. But either way, my point was more that its such a strange reaction to go down the Mowbray rabbit hole having seen your team limp to a lucky draw at home to a shocking side continuing a woeful run with a poor and thin squad that has been underfunded. All the blame as ever goes everywhere bar to the root cause of all of our problems for RevidgeBlue.

Even if we ran with this nonsensical rumour, why did that money never materialise down the line?

Give over, he said a lot more than that he turned down strikers on loan. He made claims the owners wanted to spend and they had to be reined in. A couple of times he said there was money left in the kitty but they hadn't seen fit to spend it. Whether he was lying or not is up for debate, or if our whimsical owners changed their minds, but it's hardly a 'nonsensical rumour', it's something the manager repeatedly claimed.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The fact you absolve Mowbray of any responsibility for our current predicament is equally bizarre to me but it's crying over spilt milk to a certain degree, we are where we are now despite the fact it's due to a wide combination of factors and shite management over a number of years.

In answer to your last question, the money did materialise last January didn't it but Greg the Egg couldn't get the O Brien deal over the line.

More recently the reason the money hasn't materialised is due to the sanctions imposed by the Indian Government. Unless you're a conspiracy theorist who thinks its all made up.

All the owners fault in the first instance obviously.

That was piss poor again . Yes the situation is the situation but but but at the end of the day them lads are rovers first team and representing the town . 

I've seen faster paced football watching walking football on you tube . There's no nasty , no passion , no inventedness , no tackles , no inspiration and worst of all no hunger.  

At least we had some venkys out albeit a few of us and maggot and the venkyscum spy must of heard it .

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, booth said:

Those actually aren't contradictions, all three can simultaneously be true. Ultimately if the manager and/or players aren't good enough, that all boils down to Venkys.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Give over, he said a lot more than that he turned down strikers on loan. He made claims the owners wanted to spend and they had to be reined in. A couple of times he said there was money left in the kitty but they hadn't seen fit to spend it. Whether he was lying or not is up for debate, or if our whimsical owners changed their minds, but it's hardly a 'nonsensical rumour', it's something the manager repeatedly claimed.

He talked about calming expectations, to me thats just typical manager spiel, trying to lower expectations. Tomasson has been doing it all season. The last January window, Mowbray said he had turned down loans from the Premier League and that he wanted to sell Rothwell as he wanted to spend but he was blocked. In that same window, Revidge claimed he had turned down funds to spend. That was bollocks.

But again my point was that hes been gone for 18 months and yet for Revidge he is still getting more blame than the owners somehow.

If that money was unspent, why does it then vanish?

• Like 1