BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wrexham (h) - FA Cup - 29/1/24, 7:30pm

It’s why RAWK the Liverpool forum lock the thread during games as folk do get carried away in the moment. 

Personally I don’t see the need to post during the match anyway, just watch it, as positive or negative it all gets lost in the noise.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s why RAWK the Liverpool forum lock the thread during games as folk do get carried away in the moment. 

Personally I don’t see the need to post during the match anyway, just watch it, as positive or negative it all gets lost in the noise.

I suppose that's my point MB.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It's a bit more sad scrawling back through a thread after a win to try and make an issue of a few over the top comments 12 hrs later.

Weird thing is I didn't 'scrawl back' I was just catching up.

Now you wouldn't be one who 'was in the heat of the moment' posters were you?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, damo100 said:

Well, it's a good job that I don't post during the actual game because my posts would be worse than anyone else's.

Got to say I love reading back through people's in -game messages...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Another 2 from. Schmodics one for Gallagher and telovic, through to the 5th round for a money spinner against Newcastle. The important thing is we keep this win in mind going into the two home championship matches coming up, and end our dismal run.

Telovic ?

4 hours ago, damo100 said:

Well you can look whilst you're 'scrawling' but you won't find me however it wouldn't concern me a jot if i was.

Put it this way, when you're next at a match and we concede a poor goal and are losing but come back to win make sure you go around the immediate area and register your thoughts to lose who were effing and blinding at 0-1 down.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
12 hours ago, damo100 said:

It does, I and many others appreciate that, however it's embarrassing looking back don't you agree?

So what if it is? It’s been and gone, as people post in the heat of the moment.

People are allowed to post as they please during the match. Some may find it embarrassing, some may not. 
As long as nobody is breaking any rules or threatening each other, they can crack on.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, K-Hod said:

So what if it is? It’s been and gone, as people post in the heat of the moment.

People are allowed to post as they please during the match. Some may find it embarrassing, some may not. 
As long as nobody is breaking any rules or threatening each other, they can crack on.

However I'm allowed an opinion?

49 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Yes, just as those in the heat of the moment are when watching the game.

Difference being I don't get triggered and call players dogshit etc, then call those said players amazing after we scored/won.

Embarrassing, keep up...

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, damo100 said:

Difference being I don't get triggered and call players dogshit etc, then call those said players amazing after we scored/won.

Embarrassing, keep up...

I don’t think it’s ‘embarrassing’ to react with disdain after our form since just before Christmas, then going 1-0 down to a L1 team.

I do think it’s embarrassing to judge those who did, though.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I never post during the game. What’s that saying “ It’s better to keep you mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt “. That especially works part way through a game when Rovers are playing.

How about if you were at a match - would you voice your opinion as the game went along or wait until the end to ‘see how things turn out’?

Edited by wilsdenrover

3 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

That’s so sad (and completely understandable).

How about when we’re doing badly - past the point of getting angry too?

Yeah, if you knew me you’d know I was the world’s worst loser as a player. I just take Rovers malaise in my stride now, it’s been going on that long. I only have the odd sleep less night these days.
One of my grandsons is a Rovers fan. He’s just made 17, these shitheads are all he’s ever known. Imagine what that must be like !

At least I saw a Ronnie, Dougie, Big Fred, Mike England, Andy Mac, Fergie,Sir Keith etc when I was his age.

I was a good winner though, no pisstaking or gloating. Just a shake of the hand with your opponents after the game.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah, if you knew me you’d know I was the world’s worst loser as a player. I just take Rovers malaise in my stride now, it’s been going on that long. I only have the odd sleep less night these days.
One of my grandsons is a Rovers fan. He’s just made 17, these shitheads are all he’s ever known. Imagine what that must be like !

At least I saw a Ronnie, Dougie, Big Fred, Mike England, Andy Mac, Fergie,Sir Keith etc when I was his age.

I was a good winner though, no pisstaking or gloating. Just a shake of the hand with your opponents after the game.

Hopefully one day your grandson will get to see players of that ilk  - he’ll be amazed but just how good a Rovers player can be…

I’m just glad I was around for the Shearer, Duff, Tugay etc years.

Thank you for your reply and for being so candid.