BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wrexham (h) - FA Cup - 29/1/24, 7:30pm

Just now, speedies gonna get ya. said:

Anyone know what the issue was the meant thousands of Wrexham fans were outside Darwen end at KO. No doubt due to another Waggott master stroke.

As I walked to the ground, about 15-20 mins from KO, a few of their coaches were just arriving on Bolton Road.
Suspect caught in traffic en route.

A professional performance. We never got out of 3rd gear, nor needed to.

Trondstadt, JRC, SS, Dolan and Gally played well. I thought Ayari looked decent when he came on too…

Garrett and Moran were really poor. I’m not having Moran, haven’t seen him play well yet.

Interesting few days ahead!!

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Neal said:

Have JRC back is massive. Lad so fecking strong, a reader for us. Qualities that we've lacked this season.

Personally think Moran is d*shit. I don't see what he offers at all. I'd like to see that right hand side come back that looks so good against Norwich away, with JRC and Brittain on that side overlapping each other and covering each other... Sit Moran out. 

Liked the brief look at Atcheson, big lad, good on the ball, looks like our next best thing from the academy. 

And some folks thought he was crap at one stage and he was about to be shipped out on loan. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

Just read the star app haha giving us all sorts of pelters ... who writes this shit

It’s alright in a years time you’ll be able to watch us stuff them again in their shitty documentary. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

And some folks thought he was crap at one stage and he was about to be shipped out on loan. 

Crazy but he actually was crap at one point. I didn’t think he’d make a player myself but more than happy to be proven wrong. Huge fan now. Dolan next on my list 🙂

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Very good interview from JDT at the end, you wonder what he might be able to do if he'd received the same sort of backing Mowbray had. It would be nice to think he could survive until after the financial issues are resolved, Waggott is potted or retires and we get a decent DOF in.

Sadly I doubt he will see any of the above.

no surprise a contract extension has`nt been mentioned,he is`nt going to stay past his original one

Hard to judge the players because Wrexham didn’t play well. I think they were unsure of their approach and were in two minds. To be fair, they are in League 2 and will only grow, it seems. We might be meeting again before long…

Rankin-Costello, Tronstad and Szmodics were the big stand outs. They made the play fluid because they dragged the opposition out and beat them. JRC and Tronsrad mainly with passing and Szmodics with movement. 

Football becomes an easier game by far with good and constant movement. It should be the bare minimum.

I thought Sigurdsson looked disappointing and not comfortable out wide. The other players didn’t always seem keen to pass it to him though he was positionally disciplined, offering width. He kept possession but just wonder if he could do more.

Edited by riverholmes

Funny old game and Important win for us  

Wrexham’s second attempt goes in and we are in danger of becoming cup history and JDT under real pressure.

It all turned out rather nicely  

Important few days  I think Adam is gone but anyone thinking of joining us would relish a home tie in the so called “Shearer derby.”

I worry that our intrepid recruitment team given sudden riches will bottle it at the death.

They are just not used to this level of wheeling and dealing, not to mention having to do it before the owners bed time.

12 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

He was crap at one stage - he needed a loan to get some games in as he was constantly injured.

To be fair to him (and the fitness team) they've clearly changed something about his routine as he's injured far less often - he got a run of games and has never looked back. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He was crap at one stage - he needed a loan to get some games in as he was constantly injured.

To be fair to him (and the fitness team) they've clearly changed something about his routine as he's injured far less often - he got a run of games and has never looked back. 

Except for when he got injured again, spent over 3 months out and has only just returned.

Last season that statement would have been true though. Now I'm back to having concerns he could go at any time. He's become a very good player for us so it's a worry.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Garrett had a bad game, but he's definitely at or near the necessary level for me. You know he's actually our joint third top scorer despite barely playing and being a midfielder? He still has some learning to do but he's a decent player with room to grow. When it clicks for him he'll be very decent at this level.

But yeh he was off the boil today. Poor, totally at fault for the Wrexham goal. Still put himself about though and had an important role in our equaliser.

Stupid yellow card though - he needs to cut that out of his game. 

• Like 2

Gally looked good tonight as an actual centre forward albeit against a league 2 defence.

Special mention for Pears crucial superb double save it was the turning point and gave us the jolt we needed to kick on,  he's a level above Leo at the min.

Wrexham battled hard but didn't look anything other than an ordinary physical league 2 side i hope Mr Reynolds has deep pockets because they'll need it.

• Like 2

A really enjoyable night at Ewood as we pretty much dominated from start to finish and could really have win by more. We started well with quick play and good movement and it's no coincidence that Dolan was back allowing us to do just that. We had a sloppy few minutes then where we gave the ball away cheaply and gifted them a goal. Whilst frustrated I wasn't overly concerned and once we got back into our groove we  battered them as they couldn't handle our pace of movement. Winning and going through was the priority tonight and the icing on the cake was playing well, playing at a good tempo with crisp, accurate passing. Another pleasing aspect was how we dealt with their physical threat and how our centre halves look more confident with a better keeper behind them.

P!ease can we unban those gobby Wrexham fans for a while now, I'd like to read their ramblings after getting mullered😄😄.

• Like 7

Just now, tomphil said:

Gally looked good tonight as an actual centre forward albeit against a league 2 defence.

Special mention for Pears crucial superb double save it was the turning point and gave us the jolt we needed to kick on,  he's a level above Leo at the min.

Wrexham battled hard but didn't look anything other than an ordinary physical league 2 side i hope Mr Reynolds has deep pockets because they'll need it.

I'm glad he made the second save because he brought it on himself - palmed the ball back into the danger area. He got very lucky. 

The reckon Reynolds is worth over £300m - although I doubt he's willing to blow his personal fortune on a football team. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Let's be honest, the first one of that double save wasn't superb at all. In fact it was pretty shit and the entire reason he needed to do the second save - which was genuinely a fantastic one.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Let's be honest, the first one of that double save wasn't superb at all. In fact it was pretty shit and the entire reason he needed to do the second save - which was genuinely a fantastic one.

He still got down well to save it, come on after what we've seen this season from the pair of them that was Friedel !

• Like 1