BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wrexham (h) - FA Cup - 29/1/24, 7:30pm

4 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Expect the strongest team we have as this will be a tough game

Also expect the strongest team because if we win we get an extra £120k, and that could pay for opening the Blackburn End for the next 20 league cup games.

Edited by Hasta

49 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Righty-ho… Ewood v Hollywood - here we go….play nicely Wrexham visitors 😉

Last time I was at the Racecourse, this guy scored the winner…

IMG_4877.jpeg

IMG_4879.jpeg

If my memory serves me right, we won 2-0. Did he get them both?

42 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Haven’t they sold out? Jesus the reality of more away fans than home is very likely to be the case.

Expect the strongest team we have as this will be a tough game.

it`s a pretty bad situation at ewood but it` not  reached the point where  im`e scared of losing to a side that got beat at newport yesterday

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Because we’re in probably the poorest form we been in years, they’re bringing 7k and it’s the FA Cup.

What league a teams in means f all when you’re playing a team which is shipping goals for fun. 

We’ve beaten every lower league club we’ve played this season - including one during the horrendous run we’re currently on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Sadly I don’t share your confidence - it would be nice to go through though. 

I just wonder how much people are looking at the hype around the club rather than the reality of the quality of their team.

I do agree with you that the number of away fans could play a part on the day.

6 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I just wonder how much people are looking at the hype around the club rather than the reality of the quality of their team.

I do agree with you that the number of away fans could play a part on the day.

The Rovers players have to win their personal battles with their opposit numbers. If everyone does that we will win, no matter how many away fans there are.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Haven’t they sold out? Jesus the reality of more away fans than home is very likely to be the case.

Expect the strongest team we have as this will be a tough game.

Also we have a full open week to prep and then another week until the next game after. Resting anyone does not really make any sense.

This just sums up the idiocy of a handful on their forum.

For the Wrexham Blackburn Rovers crowd obsessed looking in i think if you apply some common sense and look at other 2nd tier clubs in the 80's you'll find most had very modest/crap gates.  Some will really surprise you but take a breath and remember the Jack Walker era here coincided with the dawn of the Premier league for which we were a founder member.

That saw a boost in crowds and stadium redevelopment at many clubs all on the back of Englands success in Italia 90 and SKY Sports becoming a big thing all of which boosted national interest in the game.

As for the Burnley comment, again absolute nonsense just look at their crowds pre Prem and look at them in the 80's. You'll not find a lot in history of them having bigger gates than Rovers unless they were in the top league and we weren't. Such a thick lazy comment to throw around.

For the comparisons from Saturday you'll also find QPR were in a local game to Millwall hence a bigger crowd and Plymouth are at their highest point in a decade or more. Stoke etc have always had bigger crowds from being situated in a place twice the size it's not rocket science.

My god so much for the romance of the cup i hope we pound this lot and the home fans that do turn up do what we've done a hundred times before and laugh the one off big day out day trippers out of the Cup and out of town.

Rovers 4   Wrexham  2

Screenshot 2024-01-21 21.36.51.png

We will probably win this purely by virtue of being able to outscore them. They'll be up for this, as you'd expect from lower league opposition in the cup and they'll score a couple, just like Walsall and Cambridge did.

Difficult to get too bothered about this one (obviously, want a win) when there is such a huge league game to follow.

The starting 11 is a big call. Assuming Carter and Pickering are out for a bit (unknown at this stage) risking both Hyam and Wharton seems a bit mental.

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

This just sums up the idiocy of a handful on their forum.

For the Wrexham Blackburn Rovers crowd obsessed looking in i think if you apply some common sense and look at other 2nd tier clubs in the 80's you'll find most had very modest/crap gates.  Some will really surprise you but take a breath and remember the Jack Walker era here coincided with the dawn of the Premier league for which we were a founder member.

That saw a boost in crowds and stadium redevelopment at many clubs all on the back of Englands success in Italia 90 and SKY Sports becoming a big thing all of which boosted national interest in the game.

As for the Burnley comment, again absolute nonsense just look at their crowds pre Prem and look at them in the 80's. You'll not find a lot in history of them having bigger gates than Rovers unless they were in the top league and we weren't. Such a thick lazy comment to throw around.

For the comparisons from Saturday you'll also find QPR were in a local game to Millwall hence a bigger crowd and Plymouth are at their highest point in a decade or more. Stoke etc have always had bigger crowds from being situated in a place twice the size it's not rocket science.

My god so much for the romance of the cup i hope we pound this lot and the home fans that do turn up do what we've done a hundred times before and laugh the one off big day out day trippers out of the Cup and out of town.

Rovers 4   Wrexham  2

Screenshot 2024-01-21 21.36.51.png

Most fans on social media, especially Twitter, seem to think football started about 5 years ago. Our history in general on these types of platforms seems to have been erased almost entirely.

• Like 1

The same ‘loyal’ Burnley whose gates were down to 10k or so as Dyche joined?

End of the day it all comes down to the Ewood factor. QPR, Millwall have 14k on and it’s a busy ground, Ewood still looks empty.

No we never really did ’sell out in the top flight’ and we wouldn’t if we went up again as 30k is just not a crowd we’d ever get every week as a small town club surrounded by other league clubs. A ground built for when we were looking to challenge for the league title and looking to attract support from across the region, not for being PL midtable and certainly not for the pleasure of watching a mediocre second division team for a decade (now at top 6 prices to boot).

But to be fair you can’t expect opposition fans to know all that, they just see a 60% empty ground each week, ergo ‘shit support’.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

Most fans on social media, especially Twitter, seem to think football started about 5 years ago. Our history in general on these types of platforms seems to have been erased almost entirely.

It's dumbfounding how these types always flag up our gates from the 80's like we were the only ones in football with small crowds.

Absolute numbnuts they are, even Burnley don't mention the 80's for fear of their own embarrassment.

• Like 1

I think it’s very important that we win this game.

We’re not going to Wembley, (and quite possibly no further than the 5th round), but the players and supporters badly need a lift, and winning can breed winning, (okay, we lost at WBA but QPR is more winnable).

A loss, on the other hand ,would further damage morale, on and off the pitch.

• Like 3

Our main threats will be Elliot Lee linking up from midfield with centre forward Paul Mullin who will hassle your defenders for the whole match. With Andy Cannon and George Evans tidying up in the middle of the park. I would think we'll go with a young striker up front with Mullin called Sam Dalby, if Fletcher isn't fit. Ollie Palmer will probably be on the bench who is a 6 ft 4 striker. Our other main attacking threats will be from any set pieces, including our long throws from centre half Ben Tozer. We also have a pacey and tricky right wing back called Ryan Barnett, who will run at your wing backs and put good crosses in the box, but he's not the best defensively. 

Edited by WXM64