BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wrexham (h) - FA Cup - 29/1/24, 7:30pm

46 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

I know we're really shit at the moment but surely we've enough about us to put down a side from Division Four.

I'm not sure that we do! Momentum is a wonderful thing. We are just terrible at this point and have been for weeks.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if we do win. No faith in us at all right now.

3 hours ago, Upside Down said:

I know we're really shit at the moment but surely we've enough about us to put down a side from Division Four.

We are much better footballers and play prettier football outside of both penalty areas.

They are bigger, more physical and more direct but not adverse to cocking up trying to play out.

We could do a Cambridge on them quite easily, they could win by a goal or 2.

It depends on who's up for it on the day.

It will be a draw, a televised replay at a packed full of scousers stale Coffee Cup Stadium beckons. 

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It will be a draw, a televised replay at a packed full of scousers stale Coffee Cup Stadium beckons. 

A draw would be the worst outcome, I'd fancy us to fuck it up away if we can't dispatch them at home, and the last thing an injury-stretched relegation-threatened squad needs is another midweek game.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yellowsubmarine said:

High-scoring game. 6-3 to us.

This is the most likely outcome, yep.

7 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Wrexham fans have a real bee in their bonnet about us on their forum

How could they possibly? What's their problem with us?

• Like 1

They were that small time before Hollywood their seasons pre Deadpool don’t even have a Wiki entry.

We take shit from a lot of ill informed fans across the game, but I won’t take any from that lot, half of whom will be covering up their Liverpool and Everton tattoos in the Darwen End.

• Like 4

• Moderation Lead
43 minutes ago, roverandout said:

They're offended that we view them as small time

They’ve got that mentality by the sounds of things.

• Like 1

If they have 7k tickets it will be pretty close as to who has the bigger crowd on the night.

Ewood was low on Saturday in terms of actual people and with this being on a Monday night combined with our home form I doubt many will go. Me included.

• Like 1

Doubt we’ll be particularly close to their numbers as the majority of ST holders will be giving it a swerve and obviously unlike a league game won’t be counted in the crowd figure anyway.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Not as horrendously bad as I thought that with a week to go considering just how bad things have been, plus work night, TV, and all the rest of it. Quite a few won’t even given it much thought yet and will buy over the weekend.

Obviously the Hollywood glamour!

Edited by Mattyblue

Hopefully sales pick up for this one over the next few days. Just bought my tickets when I found out it's our next game - I assume others will do the same!

Realistically, early cup rounds never really pull in big crowds, let alone against League 2 opposition.

Plus, a good chunk of our regulars might not be aware of Wrexham's current 'Hollywood' status, so will just see them as little minnows who aren't worth catching a cold for - and I agree with that...

However, since their arrogant, plastic fans think they're the biggest team outside of the big 6, I really hope we bring a good couple thousand more than them, and give them a proper tonking.

• Like 2

Imagine we'll switch back to a back 4 for this one. Low on confidence and in free fall down the league....this has a cup upset written all over it unfortunately. That being said, we have more than enough quality to put Wrexham to the sword.

My predicted team:

Pears

JRC         Hyam       S. Wharton     Chrisene

Tronstad       A. Wharton

Gallagher        Szmodics        Sigurdsson

Telalovic

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The game is live on international TV.

In the UK it's on BBC Wales according to the site below.

I expect to go fishing in a canoe for an easy catch.

https://www.livesoccertv.com/match/4872901/blackburn-rovers-vs-wrexham/

I think it's on BBC iPlayer as well...

• Like 1