BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wrexham (h) - FA Cup - 29/1/24, 7:30pm

1 hour ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Really? There’s obviously a risk of Wrexham fans getting into the home areas. Wasn’t it only a few weeks ago that some were complaining about Leeds fans buying home tickets? 

There’s no real barrier to anyone who wants to attend this match. Tickets are affordable, plentiful and available online, by phone and in person. Yes we may lose a handful of last minute walk on fans but they at least know the score if they want to do that.

As if the club deliberately want to stop Rovers fans buying tickets! Don’t make me laugh. 

You think they aren't trying to stop people attending?

Exhibit A: The Digital Disaster.

4 hours ago, levi said:

You can buy tickets online up to kick off i really don't see the problem

Or would people rather stand in a queue for half an hour instead of something that takes 2 minutes on a phone?

It really shouldn't need fecking explaining should it but for your benefit those who want to buy on line will do and always do. Those who don't, can.t, just don't want to won't.  As pointed out earlier many - me included - often only know if they are going or fancy going after finishing work so why in gods name does it make any semblance of sense to remove a hardcore supporters option of simply walking up and buying a ticket ?

The only time iv'e stood in a queue for ages there was when the bastard turnstiles had a glitch bleeping in peoples DIGITAL pissing tickets !

And what happens when the website crashes an hour before kick off as people are trying to buy on their phones because that ain't unusual either.

Just apply some common sense to it lad.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

They could've just given Wrexham the remaining 1,000 tickets for the Darwen End and asked Rovers fans for their postcode like they used to when everything was simple. None of this makes any sense. 

Where has this 1000 extra tickets myth suddenly sprung from ?

How many have they actually sold ?

Because no one has ever had 8k in there the max is 7600, less if they leave the front row empty or net it off which i suspect they will for this.  But yes by all means bung them another 600.

6 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

The Blackburn End and the Darwen End were built with the same number of seats, 5,000 lower and 3,000 upper. I had a conversation with Rob Coar about this at an event in the newly opened Jack Walker Stand. The first and second stadium managers, Mel Highmore and John Newsham, were happy to allocate 8,000 tickets to visitors. Since Caley's had the job he started rolling out netting and no one's been given more than 7,000. Yet the the ground has four separate stands, a policing dream. I had a look last time there was an away sell out. Plenty of empty seats.

Think Caley is yet another Rovers' employee way out of his depth - IMO, a 'yes' man and a 'jobsworth'.

From top to bottom we need forward thinking folk with a 'can do' attitude and not 3rd or 4th raters who are afraid of their own shadows. 

• Like 3

You can find out how many home tickets have been sold by inspecting the classes on the Ticket Map SVG, on the website.

I've just checked, and found that we've sold around 5835 home tickets at this point. (3176 in the JW, 1790 in the BBE Lower, 869 in the Riverside)

Edited by TheRevAshton

5 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

You can find out how many home tickets have been sold by inspecting the classes on the Ticket Map SVG, on the website.

I've just checked, and found that we've sold around 5835 home tickets at this point. (3176 in the JW, 1790 in the BBE Lower, 869 in the Riverside)

Not yet quite the disaster many were fearing and i think we'll have at least 9k home fans hopefully more.

It was similar against Forest last season where nowt was sold a week before then it wasn't bad on the night, off the pitch at least.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

The Blackburn End and the Darwen End were built with the same number of seats, 5,000 lower and 3,000 upper. I had a conversation with Rob Coar about this at an event in the newly opened Jack Walker Stand. The first and second stadium managers, Mel Highmore and John Newsham, were happy to allocate 8,000 tickets to visitors. Since Caley's had the job he started rolling out netting and no one's been given more than 7,000. Yet the the ground has four separate stands, a policing dream. I had a look last time there was an away sell out. Plenty of empty seats.

I remember back in the Prem days when they had a spell in the matchday programme of publishing away followings and the most i ever saw was 7900 for Man City.

That got my attention because when 'sell outs' were quoted normally then it was listed as c7300 or 7600.

So we know unless it's a safety cert issue there is room for more than 7k and if they are getting that many another 600 or even 900 isn't going to make any difference.

Although there'll be plenty moaning if Holywood wins and half of North Wales is on the pitch !

• Like 1

Not bad numbers at all for a fourth round tie with five days to go considering night game, TV, January and just how bad the whole atmosphere around the club has been on and off the pitch since November- it’s nearly February!

There’s a good support base here despite all the BS you read from other (and unfortunately many of our own ignorant) fans.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

And I have a photo of the Darwen End that game with several empty rows.

I know there was, I was there and it makes sense that there were empty rows as the capacity of that stand is more than 7,332.

But obviously that shows teams do get more than 7,000.

17 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I know there was, I was there and it makes sense that there were empty rows as the capacity of that stand is more than 7,332.

But obviously that shows teams do get more than 7,000.

Folk often fail to add corporate seats to a stands capacity. 

18 hours ago, arbitro said:

I have been told that they aren't selling tickets after 5 pm on police advice. Surely Rovers should challenge this based on the detrimental effect it will have on income. We are playing a lower league team in a night match. Does that really constitute enough of a threat to take tickets off sale a few hours before kick off. 

I got told it was the same against Stanley that they made restricted sale of tickets. I have bought tickets for Stanley before but I couldn't get one for wrexham.

This will be like a cup final for Wrexham visiting former Premier League Champions and with our run of form they will fancy their chances. 

But whilst sides at our level may have worked us out the lower league sides we have played this season have not been able to handle our attacking intensity. 

Wrexham despite what they have spent are very average and play a very basic brand of football. The media will want the Hollywood story of their plucky darlings beating the former Premier League Champions but I think it will be a routine Rovers win.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 1

On 22/01/2024 at 09:06, TheRevAshton said:

Hopefully sales pick up for this one over the next few days. Just bought my tickets when I found out it's our next game - I assume others will do the same!

Realistically, early cup rounds never really pull in big crowds, let alone against League 2 opposition.

Plus, a good chunk of our regulars might not be aware of Wrexham's current 'Hollywood' status, so will just see them as little minnows who aren't worth catching a cold for - and I agree with that...

However, since their arrogant, plastic fans think they're the biggest team outside of the big 6, I really hope we bring a good couple thousand more than them, and give them a proper tonking.

Coventry had 20,000 and Sheffield utd 20 odd thousand in round 3 and 4 last season... no excuses...that's pathetic.. just get there and watch your team .... or be out numbered by league 2 fan based.. and bow out of the cup lose money and a potential premiere league team...