BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wrexham (h) - FA Cup - 29/1/24, 7:30pm

11 minutes ago, wxmred said:

Coventry had 20,000 and Sheffield utd 20 odd thousand in round 3 and 4 last season...

That’s just factually incorrect. Next time google it before you post.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ABRAM ROVER said:

Have you really just compared us to Coventry and Sheffield. Two big cities and Blackburn probably has a smaller population than Wrexham

You forget Blackburn Rovers , have won more proper trophies than all of  those 3 clubs put together ..

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, wxmred said:

Coventry had 20,000 and Sheffield utd 20 odd thousand in round 3 and 4 last season... no excuses...that's pathetic.. just get there and watch your team .... or be out numbered by league 2 fan based.. and bow out of the cup lose money and a potential premiere league team...

Cer o'ma!

32 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Do the honours, @J*B 

I see enough of this bollocks on social media, don’t want to have to read it here too.

Job done. There’s more Wrexham fans now banned that any other fanbase I reckon. They’re absolutely awful this lot. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, ABRAM ROVER said:

Blackburn probably has a smaller population than Wrexham

Fortunately for us our support comes from way beyond the confines of Blackburn. The population of Blackburn is quite immaterial really, despite Waggott's best efforts to convince us otherwise.

13 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Not bad numbers at all for a fourth round tie with five days to go considering night game, TV, January and just how bad the whole atmosphere around the club has been on and off the pitch since November- it’s nearly February!

There’s a good support base here despite all the BS you read from other (and unfortunately many of our own ignorant) fans.

20,000 season ticket holders. Says it all.

That was before venkys came and ripped the place apart obviously but that was what we had.

1 hour ago, wxmred said:

Coventry had 20,000 and Sheffield utd 20 odd thousand in round 3 and 4 last season... no excuses...that's pathetic.. just get there and watch your team .... or be out numbered by league 2 fan based.. and bow out of the cup lose money and a potential premiere league team...

I'm sure all seven thousand of these cock wombles were turning up week in week out when Wrexham were absolutely nothing and scratching around in the bowels of none league football.

Isn't it funny seeing these knobheads giving it the big un. Who the actual fuck are Wrexham anyway?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

For the record, BwD is 3x Wrexham…

That's two towns and a whole borough versus one town or small city whatever it is.

The Wrexham urban area is pretty similar.

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Job done. There’s more Wrexham fans now banned that any other fanbase I reckon. They’re absolutely awful this lot. 

Speaking to a Bolton fan tonight and mentioned our Monday game and that they'd sold the whole end (which Bolton only did like once in the Prem 🤣)

And even he said their a bunch of clowns that lot but that's the Holywood effect for you.

I don't include the 3 or 4k real Wrexham fans in that iv'e nothing but respect for them.

Screenshot 2024-01-24 23.29.36.png

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Speaking to a Bolton fan tonight and mentioned our Monday game and that they'd sold the whole end (which Bolton only did like once in the Prem 🤣)

And even he said their a bunch of clowns that lot but that's the Holywood effect for you.

I don't include the 3 or 4k real Wrexham fans in that iv'e nothing but respect for them.

No secret that mainstream media is a pay to play service. It's been like that since day dot.

• Like 1

Thousands of Wrexham fans desperate to be at Ewood on Monday.

Tens of them signing up on here, getting themselves in a tizz and subsequently receiving a ban.

Their forum full of digs at Rovers and our support.

I thought this lot were 'disappointed' when they saw Rovers pulled out of the hat? Could have fooled me. This is a massive game for them.

As for the guy who said Paul Mullin is bigger than our club...only in your Netflix world pal. Nobody without a Netflix account has ever heard of him.

I'm not sure why they are so wound up. It's only a 'small club' they are up against, one with with 'no fans' too. Is it not?

I'd have more respect for these gobby Wrexham fans if they just admitted that they were a bit worried about the game, instead of this bravado they are trying to show by having digs about our support, the Jack Walker days, Shearer and so on.

I think they saw what Chelsea did to Boro the other night and are bricking it as Monday draws nearer. Boro took a big away support there, made a big day of it, but still took a tonking. They know that could be awaiting them too at Ewood. No amount of deflecting onto attendances and numbers they took here and there can hide that fear.

Let's send them packing, as we've done to many 7,000+ away ends over the years.

• Like 7

Unless somat stupid happens regarding jdt tactics Wrexham will get a drubbing.... Hopefully Sammy smodizc body language is better then the Huddersfield game. 

Willy waving about how many fans arrive here is children's talk. 

If it's a draw we will no doubt take a decent following down there. What's the away capacity there BTW? 

Only been there once on the 80s.

You know we're about to play a nothing lower league club when they can't stop banging on about attendances - always the sign of a club that's had nothing else to shout about over the years. Plenty of them even in the Championship too.

They've won four away games in the league all season. Comfortable Rovers win.

On 24/01/2024 at 08:43, TheRevAshton said:

You can find out how many home tickets have been sold by inspecting the classes on the Ticket Map SVG, on the website.

I've just checked, and found that we've sold around 5835 home tickets at this point. (3176 in the JW, 1790 in the BBE Lower, 869 in the Riverside)

An update on this;

We've now sold ~6522 home tickets. (3617 in the JW, 1966 in the BBE Lower, 939 in the Riverside)

Not bad, considering it's an early cup game on a cold Monday night, and against a teeny-tiny little League 2 club.

Edited by TheRevAshton

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

The less we hear about Paul Cook the better.

At least Will Grigg has finally found his new level.

Edited by CD_93

On 22/01/2024 at 06:51, Mattyblue said:

They were that small time before Hollywood their seasons pre Deadpool don’t even have a Wiki entry.

Not even close to being true, try doing a bit a research eh? Embarrassing stuff. 

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, wxm801 said:

Not even close to being true, try doing a bit a research eh? Embarrassing stuff. 

Why not try and enlighten us. 

Don't have to take offence, but some of us don't know everything about clubs that have been 3 leagues apart for the most part.

Other than the recent hype.

Where do you think you're headed? Lots of talk about attendances, but with a 13k stadium, we're struggling to survive in Championship with 14/15k figures. 

So how do you reach higher than League 1 with FFP constraints?

Maybe we could have an adult chat instead of picking fights. Just a thought. 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

This will be like a cup final for Wrexham visiting former Premier League Champions and with our run of form they will fancy their chances. 

But whilst sides at our level may have worked us out the lower league sides we have played this season have not been able to handle our attacking intensity. 

Wrexham despite what they have spent are very average and play a very basic brand of football. The media will want the Hollywood story of their plucky darlings beating the former Premier League Champions but I think it will be a routine Rovers win.

How many times have you watched us out of interest? Its nonsense like this which gets fans backs up. A basic brand of football - whatever that means - is currently allowing us to win far more games than we lose.