BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wrexham (h) - FA Cup - 29/1/24, 7:30pm

18 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I have been told that they aren't selling tickets after 5 pm on police advice. Surely Rovers should challenge this based on the detrimental effect it will have on income. We are playing a lower league team in a night match. Does that really constitute enough of a threat to take tickets off sale a few hours before kick off. 

Do the Rovers not pay for a police presence, if so, is it not the polices job to assist in ensuring there is no hassle at the ticket office ?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

If a Wrexham fan wants a home ticket surely they just try to buy it before 5pm?

What am I missing here????

The perverse logic I guess is that no Wrexham fans would arrive that early. As demonstrated against that lot last season and Leeds this season if away fans want to go in the home ends they will. Even if it did happen surely the club can deal with it rather than turn down an opportunity to make more revenue. It's easier for the people in power down there to try and avoid any hassle by taking a sledgehammer to a walnut. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The perverse logic I guess is that no Wrexham fans would arrive that early. As demonstrated against that lot last season and Leeds this season if away fans want to go in the home ends they will. Even if it did happen surely the club can deal with it rather than turn down an opportunity to make more revenue. It's easier for the people in power down there to try and avoid any hassle by taking a sledgehammer to a walnut. 

Is 5pm that early?

Rock up 4pm, buy ticket, couple of hours in the pub, off to the match…

56 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I have been told that they aren't selling tickets after 5 pm on police advice. Surely Rovers should challenge this based on the detrimental effect it will have on income. We are playing a lower league team in a night match. Does that really constitute enough of a threat to take tickets off sale a few hours before kick off. 

Always someone else to blame.

Sky, EFL, police, other clubs, Indian government, Indian judiciary, the weather.

We should 'advise' the police that we are a business entitled to try and make money and the few hours before kick off, especially for cup fixtures, are probably our best opportunity for a late take up in sales.

But no, easier to shrug shoulders, blame others and sit in an empty stadium.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Is 5pm that early?

Rock up 4pm, buy ticket, couple of hours in the pub, off to the match…

A few will be working till 5pm. After your couple of hours in the pub, do we drive home ?

43 minutes ago, rigger said:

Do the Rovers not pay for a police presence, if so, is it not the polices job to assist in ensuring there is no hassle at the ticket office ?

That's probably the issue the police will charge more for more officers policing the ticket office.

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

That's probably the issue the police will charge more for more officers policing the ticket office.

One police officer with a radio, and a couple of stewards would do. How much extra could they charge ?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

😳

We find ourselves here every season with all this fake hysteria on social media when come the night there'll be near double that in the home sections which isn't a bad turnout all things considered,

I'd expect about 3k to be sold with a week to go for a low demand game so it's slightly encouraging.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, rigger said:

One police officer with a radio, and a couple of stewards would do. How much extra could they charge ?

It isn't Heartbeat i doubt they operate like that these days.

Someone should call the club out on this - the plod would have a) no interest and b) no actual power to enforce such a closure unless there was clear and verifiable evidence that there was a significant threat of serious disorder or harm. If they have indeed got such intelligence to hand, why isn't it being used to ensure the likely perpetrators are held to account and prevented from causing a problem, rather than some boneheaded blanket ban on ticket sales that is likely to damage the club?

It is the first I've ever heard of a club being told to shut up shop for a low-volume fixture like this one. FFS, there will be fewer folks at the game than there were for the last match against Huddersfield, and I don't think the police kicked off about that...?

I smell the foul hand of Waggott around this. Police advice, MY ARSE.

VENIAL VENKYS VAMOOSE

WITHERING WAGGOT aWAY

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rigger said:

What, efficient and value for money.

A few extra stewards should cope just fine they managed to hire kung fu panda when there was a hint of anti Kean in the air.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, rigger said:

A few will be working till 5pm. After your couple of hours in the pub, do we drive home ?

I wasn’t taking into account those who will be working (I should have made that clear)

Regarding the pub - I’d assume it would be someone’s turn to be the designated driver.

I agree tickets should always be on sale up to kick off - I was more trying to point how stupid the police’s/ the club’s logic is.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Old Codger said:

It looks like it is even worse than the (physical) ticket office being closed - the link clearly states that the ticket office will be closed on matchday (Monday 29th) and tickets are available only on sale till 5pm.

GOONS! The lot of them. I was going to go, depending on what kind of a day I've had next Monday, but feck it, why should anyone bother with these morons trolling the fanbase at every possible opportunity. MORONS!

CLUELESS VENKYS OUT!

CYNICAL WAGGOTT OUT!

It's good to have you back.

2 minutes ago, levi said:

You can buy tickets online up to kick off i really don't see the problem

Or would people rather stand in a queue for half an hour instead of something that takes 2 minutes on a phone?

Its another unnecessary barrier. There mighe people unsure if they can go, people that will decide last minute, unsure if theyll work late etc.

7 minutes ago, levi said:

Or would people rather stand in a queue for half an hour instead of something that takes 2 minutes on a phone?

If you have a smart phone

19 minutes ago, levi said:

Everyone does not have internet access that is a problem don't you think? 

14 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

They could've just given Wrexham the remaining 1,000 tickets for the Darwen End and asked Rovers fans for their postcode like they used to when everything was simple. None of this makes any sense. 

Why make it harder for away fans when you can just impose additional restrictions on home fans. Added bonus of saving a few quid on ticket office staff.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Just another deliberate attempt to reduce attendances. Nothing else to it really.

Really? There’s obviously a risk of Wrexham fans getting into the home areas. Wasn’t it only a few weeks ago that some were complaining about Leeds fans buying home tickets? 

There’s no real barrier to anyone who wants to attend this match. Tickets are affordable, plentiful and available online, by phone and in person. Yes we may lose a handful of last minute walk on fans but they at least know the score if they want to do that.

As if the club deliberately want to stop Rovers fans buying tickets! Don’t make me laugh.