BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wrexham (h) - FA Cup - 29/1/24, 7:30pm

7 hours ago, tomphil said:

Over a week to rest and prepare should help and a strong side and good performance in this could be just the tonic needed at the min.

Even if it's a temporary respite from the league and financial issues i'm sure the need for a win and money spinner in the next round won't go unmentioned.  Although to be fair even this one helps not many league 2 clubs are selling 7k and bringing their own local tv to live broadcast it.

Pity we have to give them a third of the cash though !

Split of gate receipts is 50/50 

10 hours ago, Dan said:

The Wrexham director Shaun Harvey comes across as very dislikable.  I bet him and Swaggott would get on well.

Harvey was chief exec of the EFL between 2011 and 2019. Need I say more.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tomphil said:

After expenses which probably reduces it to about a third of the overall take.

Is not not 3 ways after expenses both clubs and and the F.A. takes a cut?

• Like 1

Just now, jodrell said:

Is not not 3 ways after expenses both clubs and and the F.A. takes a cut?

That's what i thought and the gate take for this won't be very much, not sure how they divide up the tv money either.

So i'm presuming it all goes in one pot and after everything is taken off Wrexham will end up with about a third.

On 23/01/2024 at 13:41, tomphil said:

Police advice will be the excuse for this one.

Put off hundreds of potential pre game walk up buyers because half a dozen young Welsh lads might try to buy tickets in a home section.

Rovers have miraculously found more tickets for Wrexham. I wonder now if this lessens the chance of marauding Welshmen buying home tickets the club will allow home fans to buy tickets up to kick off. Somehow I doubt it 🤔.

https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/2024/january/ticket-update---additional-blackburn-rovers-a-allocation-on-sale-from-12pm-tomorrow/

• Like 1

Should be an entertaining game at the least, maybe quite a high scoring one as well.

Like a few others that have commented, I would also like to see Gilsenan get a chance in this game. He looked very comfortable against lower league opposition in the League Cup, and seems quite decent at set pieces as well.

Shame the new lad from Crewe can't play. Lets hope Hyam and Scott Wharton come through it unscathed! Paul Mullin will give them something to think about.

Would also like to see JRC get a start, and hopefully Dolan back in as a sub.

2 hours ago, only2garners said:

For FA Cup games each club takes 45% of the takings after expenses and the FA takes the other 10%.

I’m looking at the rules and can’t see anything other than the clubs getting 50% each (until the semi final stages)

Where are you getting the FA taking 10% from?

1 hour ago, wilsdenrover said:

I’m looking at the rules and can’t see anything other than the clubs getting 50% each (until the semi final stages)

Where are you getting the FA taking 10% from?

I got the info from a simple google search, but I have now looked at the rules. Split of gate receipts is 50/50 up to and including round 2. From round 3 to the quarter finals an EPL or EFL club gets 45% and a non-league team 55%. It's not specified in the rules where the other 10% goes if two EPL/EFL clubs play each other as will happen next week, but there are lots of references on google to the FA taking it. 

The specific rule is 22 b iii.

34 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I got the info from a simple google search, but I have now looked at the rules. Split of gate receipts is 50/50 up to and including round 2. From round 3 to the quarter finals an EPL or EFL club gets 45% and a non-league team 55%. It's not specified in the rules where the other 10% goes if two EPL/EFL clubs play each other as will happen next week, but there are lots of references on google to the FA taking it. 

The specific rule is 22 b iii.

Thanks - I’m glad it wasn’t me missing something for a change 😄

Oh, and the bit I’ve emboldened - yes it is, rule 22 b ii 😀

Edited by wilsdenrover

4 hours ago, TheRevAshton said:

Latest home ticket sales (via the Ticket Map SVG);

JW Stand - 3926
BBW Lower - 2142
Riverside - 1014
All - 7082

If those numbers are correct it'll be a good crowd and atmosphere. Bigger crowd than moat league games! Closer to 17k by KO on Monday.

No idea what the score would be, but probably a classic high scoring cup game. Hoping for an Adam Wharton assist or two too...

Edited by Hannoverover
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TheRevAshton said:

Latest home ticket sales (via the Ticket Map SVG);

JW Stand - 3926
BBW Lower - 2142
Riverside - 1014
All - 7082

Does that take into account the 300ish blocked off next to the Darwen End and the majority of Row 1 in the lower tiers which aren't sold (probably a further 300)?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The thing is inevitably you see light at the end of tunnel with the prospect of seemingly a fully fit squad and a few have come back in the last week or 2 but inevitably you will almost always have at least a couple of players unavailable and as some come back, 2 are out long term now. Im also not sure what the situation is with Hedges who seemed to be in line at one point to return before 2 or 3 of the recent returnees that have leapfrogged him.

We could do with signing another defender and a striker.

7 hours ago, Hannoverover said:

If those numbers are correct it'll be a good crowd and atmosphere. Bigger crowd than moat league games! Closer to 17k by KO on Monday.

No idea what the score would be, but probably a classic high scoring cup game. Hoping for an Adam Wharton assist or two too...

Be interesting to see if he plays, although I personally think he will. 

23 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Harvey was chief exec of the EFL between 2011 and 2019. Need I say more.

At least he can’t help but know who owns Wrexham…

‘Harvey remained at Leeds United for nine years before stepping down as chief executive officer on 1 July 2013.[5] It remains unknown who he resigned to as he testified in court he didn’t know who owned Leeds United’

Lets get this thread back on track, all this talk about gates is bordering on dingle territory.......

Wrexham are so far down the leagues I struggle to find them, Hollywood can't help you on a cold wet night in Lancashire.

Blackburn Rovers 4 Wrexham 1

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Gav said:

Lets get this thread back on track, all this talk about gates is bordering on dingle territory.......

Wrexham are so far down the leagues I struggle to find them, Hollywood can't help you on a cold wet night in Lancashire.

Blackburn Rovers 4 Wrexham 1

Looking at the weather forcast; a very wet night.

• Like 1