BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wrexham (h) - FA Cup - 29/1/24, 7:30pm

Tell you what they are making what should be a straight forward idea into something difficult to understand aren't they?

Once upon a time it was just 'tickets on sale until kick off' especially when you've 10,000+ set to be empty.

Nowadays we have ticket office shut, digital tickets ok until kick off, club shop and telephone sales good until 5pm, i.e. until most people clock off work, but then bizarrely we aren't selling any this way after this time, though I assume the shop will be open pre-match just not selling any tickets for the game.

Apparently on police advice though still waiting for someone to explain why it is ok for someone to buy a digital ticket at 7pm but not ok for them to go into the shop or ring the club and buy that way instead.

51 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

Actually the ticket office is closed all day. This is what it says on the club web site.

"The matchday Ticket Office will be closed on the day of the game.

Tickets are available online up until kick-off.

Tickets will be available via the Roverstore and Call Centre until 5pm."

Only maggot can have the er erm ticket office closed on er erm a match day .

Everything to stop fans what a bunch of frauds run us .

Now here's a novel idea , 15000 ? Empty seats what about a human being taking that thing called cash .  Only big games used to be ticket only not some poxy game against a  4th division side. Or surely the turnstiles can recognise a debit/credit  card . 

#waggotout #venkysout 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, ABBEY said:

Only maggot can have the er erm ticket office closed on er erm a match day .

Everything to stop fans what a bunch of frauds run us .

Now here's a novel idea , 15000 ? Empty seats what about a human being taking that thing called cash .  Only big games used to be ticket only not some poxy game against a  4th division side. Or surely the turnstiles can recognise a debit/credit  card . 

#waggotout #venkysout 

I rang another department just to get through to someone....they had no idea the ticket office is shut....the club is fucked 

• Like 6

You can buy tickets from inside the roverstore until 5PM at that point there will be no sales in person only online.  The ticket office being shut is the one that is in the Blackburn end that is usually open on matchdays.  I have been down and bought my tickets this morning from inside the shop

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ianrally said:

I was making that point Matt in relation to the previous poster who quoted "No, it was only said that the ticket office shut at 5pm." The statement is wrong and It is a matchday where the ticket office would normally be open and today it is closed.

Fair. As I've never walked up and bought a match ticket on the actual day I hadn't differentiated between the ticket office and the Roverstore. Anytime I've bought a ticket in the last 20 years it's been through the store so I'd just taken that as being the ticket office.

Regardless, it's still shut after 5pm today on a match day!

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Tell you what they are making what should be a straight forward idea into something difficult to understand aren't they?

Once upon a time it was just 'tickets on sale until kick off' especially when you've 10,000+ set to be empty.

Nowadays we have ticket office shut, digital tickets ok until kick off, club shop and telephone sales good until 5pm, i.e. until most people clock off work, but then bizarrely we aren't selling any this way after this time, though I assume the shop will be open pre-match just not selling any tickets for the game.

Apparently on police advice though still waiting for someone to explain why it is ok for someone to buy a digital ticket at 7pm but not ok for them to go into the shop or ring the club and buy that way instead.

I’m guessing they will only be sold in home ends if you have a ticket buying history. Saw yesterday what happens with away fans in home ends. 

Here in Preston it rained hard overnight but has done little to nothing since about 9am.

The forecast fort Ewood is to rain until about 5 and then probably be much lighter. I can't see a problem with the game going ahead. The real issue these days is when you get very heavy rain immediately before and when a game is on and that doesn't look likely.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Here in Preston it rained hard overnight but has done little to nothing since about 9am.

The forecast fort Ewood is to rain until about 5 and then probably be much lighter. I can't see a problem with the game going ahead. The real issue these days is when you get very heavy rain immediately before and when a game is on and that doesn't look likely.

Feels like it should be 4pm a dull day with light to little rain at the minute 

I ordered 3 tickets a couple of hours back. I tried online first, but for some reason it didn't complete the process with my bank, but I couldn't re-try as the seats I'd selected were still greyed out.

So I phoned the club, after multiple menu selections I got into the queue in 6th place; it took 15 mins to get down to 2nd, only to then get cut off!  

So i phoned back, but by then was in 13th place!!

I nearly gave up, but whilst on hold I went back online & managed to get 3 seats nearby my initial intention. 

Positive - there appears to be a good number of fans getting late tickets.

Negative - they don't half make it bloody difficult!! Good job I'm persistent...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

I ordered 3 tickets a couple of hours back. I tried online first, but for some reason it didn't complete the process with my bank, but I couldn't re-try as the seats I'd selected were still greyed out.

So I phoned the club, after multiple menu selections I got into the queue in 6th place; it took 15 mins to get down to 2nd, only to then get cut off!  

So i phoned back, but by then was in 13th place!!

I nearly gave up, but whilst on hold I went back online & managed to get 3 seats nearby my initial intention. 

Positive - there appears to be a good number of fans getting late tickets.

Negative - they don't half make it bloody difficult!! Good job I'm persistent...

I had similar problems when I ordered two tickets.

Another example of how unprofessional Swag has turned our club into, non league clubs are run better.

4 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

And that's where it doesn't make sense. When we're struggling for attendances why can't they make it easier? Many fans give up when presented with such difficulties. I guess it's all down to cost cutting and some accountant saying the extra effort and expense to attract a few more fans isn't worth it, but it seems barmy to me

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

Swag heh 🤣🤣🤣🤣

5 hours ago, TheRevAshton said:

Latest home ticket sales (via the Ticket Map SVG);

JW Stand - 5077
BBW Lower - 2802
Riverside - 1302
All - 9181

Not bad at all. Can probably expect a couple thousand walk-ons too?

Update;

JW Stand - 5,594
BBE Lower - 3,108
Riverside - 1,446
All Home fans - 10,148

2 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Relatively impressed given the opposition and time of day. Probably on a par with what we’d get for a regular league game on a weekday night.

Also a good chance to see us win, as we won't be winning at Ewood any time soon in the league.

I’m expecting goals from both sides tonight. 

Both goals we conceded against Cambridge were from simple knock downs. Wrexham are direct and we’ll struggle against their big lads.

4-3 Rovers 😀