BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wrexham (h) - FA Cup - 29/1/24, 7:30pm

5 minutes ago, neophox said:

Newcastle at home if we beat Wrexham!!! Nice draw!!!

Newcastle away would have been a good draw (financially). Newcastle at home is a bad draw - we'll get battered and make a sliver of what we could have in attendance fees. 

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

If people want to go to the match Monday, that’s fine. If people don’t want to go, that’s fine. I don’t go to mid-week matches, as I get up for work at 5am and get home from Ewood at 11pm, then won’t be able to sleep right away, so stick to my early bed time. I’m at peace with that and it shouldn’t bother anyone else either.

Live and let live etc.

Aren’t you too old to have a bed time? 😁

• Moderation Lead
Just now, wilsdenrover said:

Aren’t you too old to have a bed time? 😁

Not ashamed to admit I go to sleep at 9pm mid week, so I’m not shattered all day!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, K-Hod said:

If people want to go to the match Monday, that’s fine. If people don’t want to go, that’s fine. I don’t go to mid-week matches, as I get up for work at 5am and get home from Ewood at 11pm, then won’t be able to sleep right away, so stick to my early bed time. I’m at peace with that and it shouldn’t bother anyone else either.

Live and let live etc.

I’m not going tomorrow for the same reason, (working at 5:30 am on Tuesday).

Who knows, there  may not even be a game tomorrow if the weather forecast is correct.

• Backroom
3 hours ago, philipl said:

Another home tie as reward for beating Wrexham.

That must put a few onto the crowd to support us surely.

I don’t see how the two are linked, why would the prospect of playing Newcastle make anyone who wasn’t already going decide to buy a ticket for Wrexham?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Newcastle away would have been a good draw (financially). Newcastle at home is a bad draw - we'll get battered and make a sliver of what we could have in attendance fees. 

IF we get through - good chance of Newcastle match being on telly - so at least more revenue from that ?

• Like 1

A good cup run is good for the club financially, but the main thing is getting back on track in the Champi,onship. We don't want to get sucked into a relegation battle. Teams expect to beat you near the bottom of the league. I will be there tomorrow hoping we make it into the 5th round, but we have a threadbare squad due to injuries, and we can't afford any more players injured.

2 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

IF we get through - good chance of Newcastle match being on telly - so at least more revenue from that ?

Doubt it. Chelsea v Leeds if that one happens, Liverpool v Watford/Southampton, Bristol/Forest v Manure and Sheff W/Coventry v Maidstone are all likely to be bigger draws for the tellybox I'd say.

31 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Latest home ticket sales (via the Ticket Map SVG);

JW Stand - 5077
BBW Lower - 2802
Riverside - 1302
All - 9181

Not bad at all. Can probably expect a couple thousand walk-ons too?

All tickets go off sale at 5 pm.

Edited by arbitro

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

All tickets go off sale at 5.30 pm.

Damn, I was hoping that was just a rumour. Just checked and saw that it's official 👎

Oh well, still a reasonable turnout nonetheless, considering the opposition.

Edited by TheRevAshton

19 minutes ago, arbitro said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/january/23/ticket-news--rovers-v-wrexham/

According to this you can but I thought I'd read originally that no tickets were available after 5 pm.

No, it was only said that the ticket office shut at 5pm.

Even on the original announcement you could buy digitally.

Not quite sure why you can buy digitally, but can't buy at the ticket office if you can provide identification of your address.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

Actually the ticket office is closed all day. This is what it says on the club web site.

"The matchday Ticket Office will be closed on the day of the game.

Tickets are available online up until kick-off.

Tickets will be available via the Roverstore and Call Centre until 5pm."

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

That means the old ticket office in the Blackburn End that now only opens on a match day.

The Roverstore is the ticket office the rest of the time.

I was making that point Matt in relation to the previous poster who quoted "No, it was only said that the ticket office shut at 5pm." The statement is wrong and It is a matchday where the ticket office would normally be open and today it is closed.