BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wrexham (h) - FA Cup - 29/1/24, 7:30pm

5 hours ago, Ricky said:

I expect to see a lot of Wrexham fans in home ends of the ticket office doesn’t close early (and probably still if they do tbf).

Maidstone 2-1 up now 

I thought this was a digital game , print your own ticket ,

What does it  matter , what time the ticket office closes ?

32 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

I thought this was a digital game , print your own ticket ,

What does it  matter , what time the ticket office closes ?

It's only digital for away fans which is Wrexham's own decision. As a Rovers fan you could have digital, a paper ticket or even your season card upgraded so you can use that.

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

It's only digital for away fans which is Wrexham's own decision. As a Rovers fan you could have digital, a paper ticket or even your season card upgraded so you can use that.

Thanks for the info...

Well, after Maidstone's heroics at Ipswich yesterday, the pressure certainly ramps up a fair bit on little old Rovers to perform against the mighty erm... Wrexham of League Two, who are only 31 places below us in the football pyramid. They are scoring well and not conceding (54 for, 37 against) in the league at least and only the most insular and blinkered footie fan would discount the momentum and positive feeling they've built from being picked up by Hollywood. With a (relatively) large and likely vocal support at Ewood, all concentrated behind the goals they are likely to sound more like the home club than Rovers are, so there is potentially a psychological advantage to them from the start.

What Rovers need is a steady hand, the confidence to weather any early nerves and to focus on doing the things we know how to do well. Then of course a big slice of the rub of the green, and someone (anyone!) to step up and deliver the goods in front of goal (theirs and ours!). I don't rule out the possibility of a reverse, a cup shock, a shameful defeat - it's football and on the day anything can happen. But it is just one game and we will move on whatever the result.

Fair play to the more sensible / level headed Wrexham fans who have posted on here in the last couple of weeks - remember how it felt when we had Uncle Jack at our backs? That feeling of magic happening, and an almost invincible air? Being a supporter of a club that is on the ascendancy after years of being in the doldrums is a bit like being in love for the first time - you can't quite believe your luck, and it makes you forget that life might still be a bit shitty for everyone else 😉 

So, it is going to be a challenge - their set piece plays and battering ram forwards might well hole us below the waterline. But we are Blackburn Rovers and we too can deliver a smile to our supporters' careworn faces - especially in Cup competitions like this.

I can't imagine it will be a walk in the (Ewood) park, but at least it won't be boring to watch (like Fulham v Newcastle last evening, which was as turgid an affair as has been on the telly for many a year).

C'mon you Blues! Into Round 5 let's cruise!

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Well, after Maidstone's heroics at Ipswich yesterday, the pressure certainly ramps up a fair bit on little old Rovers to perform against the mighty erm... Wrexham of League Two, who are only 31 places below us in the football pyramid. They are scoring well and not conceding (54 for, 37 against) in the league at least and only the most insular and blinkered footie fan would discount the momentum and positive feeling they've built from being picked up by Hollywood. With a (relatively) large and likely vocal support at Ewood, all concentrated behind the goals they are likely to sound more like the home club than Rovers are, so there is potentially a psychological advantage to them from the start.

What Rovers need is a steady hand, the confidence to weather any early nerves and to focus on doing the things we know how to do well. Then of course a big slice of the rub of the green, and someone (anyone!) to step up and deliver the goods in front of goal (theirs and ours!). I don't rule out the possibility of a reverse, a cup shock, a shameful defeat - it's football and on the day anything can happen. But it is just one game and we will move on whatever the result.

Fair play to the more sensible / level headed Wrexham fans who have posted on here in the last couple of weeks - remember how it felt when we had Uncle Jack at our backs? That feeling of magic happening, and an almost invincible air? Being a supporter of a club that is on the ascendancy after years of being in the doldrums is a bit like being in love for the first time - you can't quite believe your luck, and it makes you forget that life might still be a bit shitty for everyone else 😉 

So, it is going to be a challenge - their set piece plays and battering ram forwards might well hole us below the waterline. But we are Blackburn Rovers and we too can deliver a smile to our supporters' careworn faces - especially in Cup competitions like this.

I can't imagine it will be a walk in the (Ewood) park, but at least it won't be boring to watch (like Fulham v Newcastle last evening, which was as turgid an affair as has been on the telly for many a year).

C'mon you Blues! Into Round 5 let's cruise!

Excellent summary. From one old codger to another. 

• Like 1

Wrexham have been hit heavily once or twice in League 2 so Rovers could cruise it if we get our noses in front then make dominance pay. 

The longer this goes without Rovers scoring, the more dangerous this fixture becomes.

I will be astonished if JDT doesn't put the strongest starting eleven he can on the pitch- what else have we to play for this season?

The bench might have the likes of Finernan and Gilsenan on it.

1 minute ago, philipl said:

Wrexham have been hit heavily once or twice in League 2 so Rovers could cruise it if we get our noses in front then make dominance pay. 

The longer this goes without Rovers scoring, the more dangerous this fixture becomes.

I will be astonished if JDT doesn't put the strongest starting eleven he can on the pitch- what else have we to play for this season?

The bench might have the likes of Finernan and Gilsenan on it.

The under 21 team to be announced soon for today's game will give a strong indication of who will be on the bench tomorrow.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, philipl said:

I will be astonished if JDT doesn't put the strongest starting eleven he can on the pitch- what else have we to play for this season. 

Maybe avoiding relegation!

Under 21s today:

Hilton

Duru

Olson c

Doherty

Haddow

Saadi

O'Grady-Macken

Weston

Biniek

Gilsenan

Bloxham

Subs Honor Whitehall Powell Stritch Nsangou

I had thought Duru and Gilsenan might have been in the first team squad

Great to see Saadi and Whitehall on their ways back.

• Like 2

Really surprised Gilesenan isn't getting a crack tomorrow... Thought it would be ideal for him.

Based on the players available i think we're looking at

Pears

Jrc.   Hyam.   Wharton.   Chrisene

Tronstad.   Wharton

Dolan.    Szmodics.    Sigurdsson

Gallagher

Should be enough to win surely? Carter and Pickering are big losses but I think having Pears, JRC, Dolan and Gallagher back outweighs them considerably.

Hopeful that Chrisene shows a bit more on the ball than he did at WBA.

• Like 1

my team 

Pears

JRC Hyam Wharton Chrisene 

Tronstad Wharton

Moran  Szmodics    Sigurdsson 

Telalovic

3 hours ago, DackDackGoose said:

Is this game on tv / going to be on in pubs anyone know?

Yes on BBC red button, sky channel 965. 

As much as I hate the whole “”like a new signing” nonsense when a player comes back from injury, Rankin-Costello has been a massive miss for us and we will look infinitely better with him in the side. Dolan is another very welcome return.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Thanks for the advice. I have taken a look at myself and am perfectly at peace with my decision not to attend.

I have made the same decision every home match since Owen Coyle was appointed.

I am proud of the club but refuse contribute another penny while Venky's remain.

I'll be back when they are gone 

Or if/when the club returns to the Premier League or draw Liverpool in the Cup.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

If the traffic isn't too bad, should get back from work about 6:30 tomorrow. Quick tea then get down and buy a ticket.

If only it was that simple...

It's been discussed to death on here but the ticket office closes at 5pm so you'll need to buy one online... 😕